​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advent Calendar

In case anyone hasn't found it yet, Ro has compiled her annual Meady Advent Calendar on the Timeline.

Linky thing

Just follow the instructions ....

Re: Advent Calendar

Thanks A/Liz for the headsup and Link...

If the first two days are anything to go by we are all in for a
wonderful Advent Calendar again this year...
Thanks Ro

Thanks so much Ro for this wonderful Calendar. Reliving all those fabulous times. A surprise behind each number just like when we were young opening the Advent calendar door!!

I won't spoil it for anyone but I love today's clip!
Thanks Ro for this year's Advent Calendar.

Oh! yes indeed...Mr. Mead!!!!!...
The 4th day of December is crying out to be played more than once...PHEW!
It gives you energy!!!
Love it... thanks Ro...

Loving today's video clip. Needed a replay earlier on I felt!!!

Lovely, lovely memories for the 5th of December...
This particular entrance onto the stage, never failed to overwhelm me, and bring tears to my eyes.
Mmmmmmm!....Thanks Ro...

Loving Todays clip-6 DEC, he's one heck of a sexy fella!!! love that smile.

December 7th Oh! WOW!...one of my favourites.
Such intense expressions on Lee's face... and what about that outfit!...Phew!...just fabulous!!!
It always amazed me, he could give a performance like that, even though we all knew he was a little 'under the weather' that evening...
What a professional...
Thanks Ro

The long jacket makes me imagine how good he would look in a period drama.

I agree Cassie - wouldn't it be lovely!!!

THey are making a third sreies of "Downton Abbey" staring in Feb. Perhaps we should lobby his agent to get him a part.

DECEMBER 7TH- is one of my favourties too C/Liz, i can just watch him sing that song over & over again.
He does look good in the long coat.
I would love to see him in a ELVIS MUSICAL, and a big contrast also in a Drama like Downton Abbey, we all know how versatile he is.
Thanks Ro

Suejo...to see Lee in a Period Costume Drama like 'Downton Abbey'...would be just fabulous - can't wait...

December 8th...Squee!... again, Lee conveys so much passion to his audience throughout that song, not only in his voice, but visually as well...and Phew!...I just love him dressed all in white.
The effects on the stage at the beginning are amazing too. I really don't know how he manages to sing so well, lying down...Just wonderful!...
Another lovely visit to the past...
Thank you Ro

Oh God, just dribbled on my laptop watching that again. Everything about it is perfect: the shirt, the passion, the position...perfect perfect perfect. Thank you Ro.

I take it you 'felt the passion'...for a minute or two there, then Cassie??? ...

In his voice!!!

...After your earlier post!... I thought I'd better to go and have another look!!...
Just to make sure I hadn't missed anything important, you understand!!!
I agree, absolute 'Perfection'

Indeed I did CL!!

One of these... ...for both of us then Cassie!!!... ...LOL!

December 9th - oooh! yes!...I remember it well...nice waistcoat, not to mention the trousers!!!

He certainly 'belongs to the stars'... and he could
'hang his hat up' in my part of the atlas any day LOL!
Another lovely trip down memory lane...
Thanks Ro...

Interesting that clips of the "old" Lee seem to be more popular. He does look georgeous I must admit. Think that a bit more weight suits him.

I don't think that assumption is correct, Maggie. As a lot of clips got similar votes, Ro has put them on in a more or less chronological order. Therefore the later ones are still to come. The most popular clips will be the last three; it will be interesting to see what they are. Looking forward to it. And a big thank you to Ro, by the way, for doing this again this year!

Please can anyone tell me which concert it was that he sang I belong to the stars I have never seen that video before,I just love him singing it

It was a gala concert celebrating lyricist Don Black's 70th birthday. Here's the Timeline page for it including audio downloads:
Lyrics By Don Black

At the time there were rumors that Lee would star in a revival of DB's hit musical "Billy" (Michael Crawford starred in it when he was much younger, with Elaine Paige as one of the girlfriends). DB mentioned Lee in an interview about it and I think Lee actually did a workshop for him, but later decided against taking the role when it was offered to him.

No critisisiam intended Asher. I am loveing the Calender. As always Ro does a wonderfull job with it. I was just interested in the fact that they are all early clips so far. Maybe I should have waited until the end ! End !

I think the slimmer look really suits Lee, much more
mature and shows off his fantastic bone structure.
The older he gets the more handsome he becomes.
Really enjoying the Advent Calender so far, brings
back some lovely memories.

Thanks PKP for info much appreciated

Re todays advent calendar gem: out of all the many times Lee has sung this song ( and "ahem" I have a few! ), this is my absolute favourite, even though I wasn't lucky enough to actually be there. The cathedral setting shows off his voice to perfection. How many more stunning moments has Ro got in store for us?

Just catching up this morning...
December 10th...lovely song, huge crowd too...
December 11th... What a setting in Lincoln Cathedral...It was freezing that night,
but Lee's singing soon warmed us all up...

December 12th...Ooooh!...fabulous...
a nice selection of shirts Mr Mead, and I do love a man in a nice shirt...
Thanks Ro

December 13th - mmmmm!...great song...
Isn't it lovely, how Lee always mentions various members
of his family during a concert,
and dedicates particular songs to them too...
He's so thoughtful that way...awwww!
Thanks for including that one Ro

December 14th mmmmmm!!!!...sooooo!...gooooood!!!!!!
Absolute perfection from both performers.
It's difficult to tear myself away from here this morning!
So glad you didn't leave this one out Ro...

Fabulous! Lovely to see/hear it done properly after Saturday!!! (ooh, naughty - )

December 15th...Happy!...Happy!...Happy!...Lee.
I just love how relaxed and happy he looks, singing that particular song...mmmm!
Thanks Ro

Oooops!...just went into the 17th Dec by mistake, ouch!...got my hand slapped too!... LOL!

Ro...you been sitting there all this time????
My visit was a genuine mistake ...honest!!!

December 16th...

Ooooo!... CURLS!...SHIRT!...TIE TO MATCH!...SUITED AND BOOTED!... ACTION!...GREAT SONG!

Faint!

All the days have been excellent so far but...

December 20th...well!...I just had to bring this 'Advent Calendar' to the top again this morning...
Absolutely Fabulous!!!... ...what memories!!!... worth more than one visit today...
Thanks Ro

I'm in total agreement, todays door, reminded me of why I adore Lee!! Thanks Ro you are a star!

December 21st......

"No...Lee...we don't mind!!!...at all"...

Advent Calendar.......every one a winner! Another gem today.

Love today's (21st) song. I don't recall hearing Lee sing that before. Can anyone tell me where it comes from?

Liz it was from last year's Christmas Eve concert on Friday Night is Music Night. It is an old Anthony Newly song. He also sang From Russia With Love that night.

Thanks Graziella. I was away and missed that concert.
Another Christmas Cracker today.

I've just taken a few minutes out of today's schedule to catch up with yesterday and today - oh wow! My top two choices! I will now be useless for the next half hour or so - the sprouts will have to wait!

Also, thank you so much for the 'Christmas Bonus' Ro!

(If anyone hasn't found it, go back to the main Calendar page after you've watched Dec 25 and click where you're told!)

Wonderful, just wonderful.

A truely superb Calendar this year Ro ...
You have excelled yourself - 2011 has been magnificent, and
along with our gorgeous Lee, has given us all a great deal of pleasure...
Thank you so much...

I do hope you keep on making money for your chosen Charity too...