​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alfie Boe!

Don't know if any of you either went to, or saw in the cinema like I did,Alfie Boe's Bring him Home concert from the Festival Hall in London on Wednesday; just to say,Laura Wright was one of his many guests and she was amazing, so those of us who are going to the Barbican shortly are in for a real treat!

I had never been to a concert beamed live to a big screen before, camera workmanship and atmosphere was a lot better than I expected; really close-up facial shots and shots of the orchestra from all angles, including the back of the stage looking out into the audience. Shame we can't have a link to Japan, some may say!!

Like Lee, Alfie seems to have a very close bond with his small daughter,one of his songs is called, In my daughter's Eyes; it's very moving and he runs a video of the two of them in the background whilst singing it, not a dry eye in the house!

Re: Alfie Boe!

I saw this at the cinema and had a fantastic time - he really connects with both his audience and songs, just like Lee!
I thought the concert format came over very well, as it was also my first time of watching anything done like this and I still felt the atmosphere and fun that everyone seemd to be having.
I was slightly disappointed with Empty Chairs sung with Tom from McFly - I felt Tom didn't feel the song and was just singing the words with very little emotion.
Those going to the Barbican are in for a treat with Laura, an amazing voice.