​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why me ?

This cannot be happening... In the evening news it was just announced that there will be a national rail strike here in Belgium on Thursday!! It's a protest against our new government having raised early retirement age from 60 to 62. I am not happy with this either, but why do they have to strike right this Thursday! I have to get to Brussels by 8 a.m. in the morning to take the Eurostar to London, meaning that I have to travel on domestic trains for two hours, and there won't be any trains ... Why me ??
Trying to arrange some other means of transport to get to Brussels. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, as I want to be there at the Barbican !!!

Re: Why me ?

I'll keep everything crossed for you Belgianleefan!

I know how you feel because, due to the snow chaos at Heathrow last year, I never made it over to London from Northern Ireland for Lee's Christmas concert at the Coliseum.

I really hope that can overcome your travel problems.

Oh no - I hope you're able to find an alternative means of transport Belgianleefan! *Hugs*

Oh no! I do hope you find a way to get to the concert. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

OMG, that's awful! Crossing my fingers for you.

BTW, did you get my email today?

I hope that you make it! Good Luck.

Keep those positive vibes going Belgianleefan...
Just keep saying "I will be there"...
Crossing everything for you.
Good Luck and safe journey...

Oh how difficult for you. I so hope someone can help you sort something out. Good luck

I have everything crossed for you hunny X

Thank you all so much for the sweet messages of support, I really appreciate it heeps!
But ... it was all in vain...
Today, the message came that Eurostar trains are also cancelled on Thursday...
So Greycat, I now undertand what you must have gone through last Christmas...
Am feeling so utterly disappointed and sad at the moment, I was so looking forward to the concert...
My boss found me in tears behind my desk this afternoon and wanted to help, but of course she couldn't either...
I'll have to wait another year to be present at Lee's Xmas concert (if at all there will be one).

And if only I had known this earlier, I could have taken one more day off of work and taken the Eurostar tomorrow instead of on Thursday... if only ...

If only I could make one of you happy with my ticket, but I don't know how? I can't send the ticket via mail no more, as it will arrive too late.
Guess the Barbican won't accept a scanned ticket?
Any suggestions? My seat (a good one: stalls G26) will stay empty anyhow...

Christmas suddenly lost a great deal of its charm this year ...

I am so sorry to hear your bad news!! Not a good start to Christmas. I've had a pretty awful year so I can sympathize with your misery! Are you coming over for one of the Love Tour concerts? If it's one the Northern Loppies are going to, we'll treat you to a celebratory meal. Let us know. And in the meantime - loads and loads of hugs!!

So sorry about tje trains B.L.F. I know how awfu it makes you feel when you are reallylooking forward to something. I missed the Barbican concert due to snow in 2009 .

Hope we see you over at one of the concerts..

I'm so sorry for you xx

So there is no way you can get the extra day off?

How about driving to a ferry port and then getting a train from Dover, would that work?

I'm afraid it's just not meant to be... An extra day off is not possible cause tomorrow is my last working day before Xmas, and you know how it is these last days, loads of work to be finished before the holidays, and that extra day would be necessary if I wanted to take a boat... Would have been lovely to get to know some of you (like you Jazzy, you would be one of few I would recognize from seeing photos on here), and fancy you Maggie, taking my picture with Lee again, like last year in Wimbledon? Didn't know you also missed a concert!

Upto now I haven't booked a ticket to one of the love tour concerts yet. Problem is that they are all in February, and I probably have to be operated on my left foot in ... February, I'll know the exact date of the op on 23rd Jan. If it is to be done in Feb, then I'll be not so mobile for a month or two... I'll have to wait and see...
For now, I will have to be content with the new CD that's coming in January...

Well, I hope you all enjoy the concert very much, do let us have detailed reports! My thoughts will be in London on Thursday night for sure!

Awwww!...Belgianleefan - I'm really very sorry to hear that, you must be so disappointed...
I know it's not quite the same as being there, but I'm sure there will be lots of 'tweets' on the night, with, reports and reviews to read later, and we have Lee's new CD to look forward to as well...
I hope eveything goes well for your foot 'op' and you make a speedy recovery...
Sending you some hugs across the water...

Big BLF. I understand how you must be feeling. I do hope your operation date allows you to get over for one of the Love Tour concerts.