​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joseph - The Winner's Story

On 29th December 2007, we were watching this on TV:-

LINKY THING

I love this documentary - Lee comes across as such a sweet, genuine guy!

It's refreshing to have a TV talent show contestant who isn't about the fame. Lee genuinely seems bewildered by it in the documentary and has a healthy approach to it, seeing it as a by-product of what he does, rather than doing what he does to become famous.

38 Days! Blimey, that was a big ask! Thankfully, Lee was up to the task!

Re: Joseph - The Winner's Story

Oh, I love The Winner's Story - one of my all time favourite Lee programmes, and I can watch it over and over!

Ooooh! The Winner's story. Watching that was what finally tipped me over the edge to become a huge fan. I already knew that he had the looks and talent but finding out about the sense of humour, lovely speaking voice and how genuine, humble and overwhelmed he was....well that was it. I haven't recovered since! (And I don't want to!)

I love watching this! Like others have said, he came across as a lovely regular guy who couldn't understand what all the fuss was about him. Little did he know how much more intense it would get. I also love watching this cos I'm in it!! When he's live at HMV in Oxford street for the album launch, there is a shot from behind him and I'm at the front of the crowd, the one in the red scarf! Great day that was! He sat on my lap during a photo shoot but these pics have never surfaced :(

I love the crowd scenes, especially the clip of a Joseph scrum at the end of the documentary, where the girl screams "HE TOUCHED ME!!!"

As well as doing a rewatch of 'The Winner's Story' today, I also ended up rewatching 'West End Story' (the documentary from 2010 that did a catch up on what some of the contestants were doing).

LINKY THING

Watching it, it occured to me that Lee hasn't really changed much since ADWD. He's still the same sweet, down-to-earth and delightfully unstarry lad.

I thought that was a good documentary, but I wish they'd have made it longer so they could have focussed on more people instead of just three from each series. The choosing of who to focus on (apart from the winners) seemed a bit random. Francesca? If I was asked to name the pro contestants, I'd think of Lee, Daniel, Rachel and Sarah. I wonder what made them choose Francesca? I was never that keen on her as a contestant. In fact, I wonder how they went about choosing the former contestants they featured?