​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eeek! Friday the 13th!

Please be careful everyone tomorrow. I was brought up by my Mum and an elderly aunt who was soo superstitious. No new shoes on the table, no walking under ladders, no umbrella opening in the house, no pictures of birds in the house, etc.,etc. Cannot but be aware of this date therefore. Anyone likewise?

Re: Eeek! Friday the 13th!

No problems for me Sue. My daughter and grandaughter were both born on the 13th so tomorrow will be a lovely day

My son was born on the 13th too (although not a Friday). However, the way things finished in 2011 and have started in 2012, I shall be pleased to see the 14th, I must admit.

Reminded me of the script of Blood Brothers! Try not to see it as any different from any other day Sue. Hard I know when people have planted ideas in your head.

Not usually superstitious of anything (though do avoid ladders after being narrowly missed by a falling hammer from one when about 6!!) but DO take Friday the 13th seriously!!!

Which is why tomorrow, 13th April and 13th July (yes, you guessed it they are the only other two 'Friday 13th' this year) I have holiday booked from work and will be doing as little as I can - good old duvet day as far as I can (though may have to food shop at some point).

My lot at work think I'm mad, but think I've only worked about 2 Friday 13th's in the last 15 years or so!!!

Hi Sue, I've heard of new shoes on the table, ladders & umbrellas but pictures of birds? Thats a new one on me.
Enjoy your 'duvet day' Trulee.

It's Friday the thirteenth today,
It really is a drag.
I took a lucky black cat to work-
It pe'ed in my new bag!

Tanith...I Love it...

I'm not usually a superstitious person - but I have so much 'riding on today' - just hope I'm not tempting fate, by visiting your excellent thread Sue ... ... LOL!...
Take care everyone!!!!!

I didn't drown, I didn't crash (apart from when I saw Lee on that sunbed) so touch wood my evening will be ok too!

My new gandchild was due last Sunday has still not arrived. If it is a boy and arrives today we can call him Damien !!!!

Mind you my twin twin sisters were born on Friday 13. which explaines a lot !!!!