​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
O/T Aylesbury Waterside Theatre

Hope someone can help with ideas on seating. Did anyone who went to Lee's concert here in 2010, sit in either circle 1 or 2? The tour of Legally Blonde is there next week with Ray Quinn playing Warner and my daughter is a huge fan of Ray's. Just wanted some idea as to what the view was like?
Thanks in advance for any help

Re: O/T Aylesbury Waterside Theatre

I did go TLL but can't help as don't remember exact seats but fairly sure they weren't in the circle

Hiya - not only was I at Lee's concert, Aylesbury has become my new 'local' theatre since it opened as it is just soooooo much better than High Wycombe.

I have sat in various places in the stalls, balcony and upper circle and have seen all sorts of things there - Flashdance, Grease, Spamalot, Dinner Ladies, Calendar Girls and Blood Brothers to name a few!!!!

TBH I haven't yet found a 'bad' view there, and I do know (because I'm still debating going over one night next week, waiting on news from the garage as to whether I have a car available or not - its really sick at the minute ) that there aren't a lot of tickets available for any night that they're there.

No idea if cost is an issue, but if it is the swivel chairs on the first box in the upper circle are really good value - usually no more than about £12 - if you're taking your daughter though I would tend to want the two nearest the stage so you can lean right over the edge of the box as the view to whichever side of the stage you are sitting can be a little restricted.

The 'free moving' seating in the 'galleries' on the sides of both the stalls and lower balcony also give very good value for money.

Hope that helps - give me a shout, if I end up there the same night as you will try to find you and say hello!!!

Hi Trulee - many thanks for the info, very helpful. So I've gone & booked it! We are going to the matinee on Saturday 4th Feb and will be in the first two moveable seats in the upper circle. My daughter is taller than me at 5ft 10" so we should be ok.
Advice very much appreciated.
Be interesting to see how the show compares to Lee's

Hi me again! Just wondered if you knew where the stage door is? I don't know the theatre at all or aylesbury for that matter! An idiot's guide would be great if possible please?

Hi TLL - no probs!!!!!

I may end up there for the Sat mat so will come say hello if I do = which side did you go for, stage left or right?

SD is to the rear'ish of the building. As you come out of the main door of the theatre (with your back to it) work your way left around the side and towards the back and the stage door is really easy to find (two nice brick build 'benches' to rest on whilst you're waiting and the door staff are lovely)

I went for stage left, in SLB1 & 2 in circle 2 which I think is upper circle. My daughter thinks it's great as she has always wanted to sit in a box. Hope she won't be disappointed. Would be great to say hello and put faces to names! Thanks again for all your advice & info. Hope to see you there. X

Hi Lou
I have just booked a ticket 6th row of the stalls (had an email offer of £15 off a ticket when I got in tonight!!)

Will try and pop up to the top circle either before the show or in the interval.

Anyway if I dont see you - enjoy!!

Hi Lou - with the imminent snow am going to train it to Aylesbury so will be about early if you want to meet up - will probably treat myself to lunch in the Weatherspoons opposite. If you pick this up before you leave drop me an email to keep an eye out for you - I'll probably be the only lady eating on her own in there!!!

Lou - am in The White Hart sat by the statue!! Emailed you my number!