​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee;s new drama role

Wonder what the new job will be? Hard to wait for information to be revealed. The secrecy surrounding such things is so watertight.

Re: Lee;s new drama role

The word on twitter Sue, is that it is this:
Mrs Biggs

I've had discussions with friends with that as a possible but I see its for ITV. I'm sure Lee said it was a BBC drama.

Lee said it was a British Drama not BBC.

Ah did he? I got that bit wrong then. Well with that in mind it could be anything and the Mrs Biggs is quite possible.

Anyone remember the film Buster played by Phil Collins? That was good. I assume this will be similar?

Jazzy I remember it I enjoyed it,if it is Mrs Biggs I wonder will he be in the 5 episodes or just 1 because I don't see how he could fit it in with his tour.

I guess it will become clearer as time goes on but the tour will probably fit in between his film commitments. Filming will need a good few weeks i'd imagine, they can just slot him in when he's available. Not really sure how these things work.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see him on TV for 5 weeks keeping my fingers crossed

Well he's back! Just tweeted "London Euston"! That wasn't very long for filming so would assume that he'll go back at some point.

Filming is due to last 11 weeks and is also scheduled to film in Australia so we will have to see how involved Lee is.

I think we knew (can't recall how, Twitter or interview) that he was only going to Manchester for one day this week.

Whatever the programme is, we don't know that he will have the lead role (much as we'd like that).

Also, what about his hair ???????

I have not read it anywhere so asking how do you know it is filming for 11 weeks and in Australia as well?

His management wrote to Maggiemay saying it's a lead role, A Liz. We still don't know if it's Mrs B. Could be something completely different.

Anyhow, regarding the hair - there's wigs, A Liz. Commonly used; let's not panic yet. Just think - he could do a bio-pic of Yul Brynner (just kidding!!!) Although Mr B (Ronnie that is) looks like he's got dark curly-ish hair, fairly long but brushed back.

He must be itching to spill those beans. Its so good for him to get a TV role, another rung up the ladder! If I was him, i'd hardly be able to keep a a secret but I know he has to until he gets the nod.

Fingers crossed he might say on AT.

Graziellla, see Kirsten's post second from the top and the link to Mrs Biggs. The info about Australia is at the bottom of the article.

Asher, I think I'm afraid of getting over-excited and then being disappointed. All gloom and doom at the moment, me.

A wig?????

Thanks AL I did not see that. It would be a good part for him. But like you, I am hoping for the best. No matter what it is as long as he does a good job (no worries on that) it is good on the resume and good for him.

I am sure I recall a conversation he had on twitter with a fan from Australia who asked him if he would ever plan to come Down Under, I am sure he said it was being looked into.....Mmm

As I understand it the premise for this drama is the love story between Charmain and Ronnie and not The Train Robbery itself and Charmain has had quite a lot of input in the story.

It would be wonderful for Lee all the great places they are going on location,but will he leave Denise and Betsy for so long?

Acer, The way I look on it is when you are an actor that becomes the norm for your family in the same way it is for forces families. A few years ago at work we had a little girl who's father was on the Oil Rigs, to start with it seemed sad that he missed out on great chunks of daughters life but on the flip side he had as many months at home too, spending all that time with his family. Many fathers leave for work before the school run and return at bed time. Lee has said on many occasion he gets to spend lots of time being a hands on Dad so I am sure that will make up for things like tours and filming. Having said that if he is to be away for a while and Denise doesn't have any commitments here in the uk I am sure she and Betsy could go to.

Mrs Biggs? Sounds interesting! It seems to be quite a high profile/expensive drama with it being a co-production between ITV and an Australian company. This means it is quite likely to be sold and shown overseas. It could be a fantastic opportunity for Lee to showcase his ability to a much wider audience.

I agree Greycat, this sounds like quite a biggie and an amazing opportunity for him if it is in fact Mrs Biggs.

I love the speculation here!

I've just found this one:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/pressreleases/programmepressreleases/leaving/default.html

25 yr old guy falls for a 45 yr old woman....

any takers?

:)

Sounds like Brief Encounter meets Cougartown! I like it.

The BBC has also commissioned The Moonstone:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/1101drama.html

He'd be perfect as Franklin. One of my favorite mystery novels.

Now that I DO like the sound of, Petrus!!!

Linky thing: Leaving

Plenty of food for thought in your link, too, PKP!

I love the sound of all these new productions and roles, I really hope that Lee is set to play one of them.

I think my money is on Leaving. It seems to sit well with his age and experience. We'll see (not soon enough )

How interesting, read Kirstens link, apparently our Channel 7 Here in Australia, are involved with ITV
with the production.It did say they will be filming on locations here in Australia-Adelaide, Melbourne,
Wonder if Lee will come down under? I remember as a young girl watching some of this unfold on our tv.

Thanks ladies for all the 'info' and links
There are certainly some very exciting dramas in the 'melting pot' for this year...
It will be fabulous if Lee gets one of the really big roles too...
I hope we get to hear all about it on AT tomorrow... the suspense is killing isn't it?...

Yes, I have been warned he is on alan Tichmarsh today, bu wheher to talk about album and tour or/and drama do not know.

I don't know if I've stumbled upon something here, but a lady on Twitter has just tweeted this:

My 10yo has an exciting day filming a new episode of Bedlam (Sky1) tomorrow with @leemeadofficial - I get to chaperone so fun for me too!!

Looks spooky!!

ETA: Just gone back for another look, and the tweet seems to have been removed. Someone's mum spilled the beans by the look of things! Oh well, we'll all know for sure in the fullness of time!

I watched the first series of Bedlam, it was really good and very spooky. wiki page

OH no! I don't have Sky.

Neither have I Cassie.

Nor me!!!

I have SKY but I don't like Supernatural,but of course I will watch because of Lee !!!!

Not sure we should be discussing this as its not public news yet. I feel sorry for Lee if that lady has spoilt things for him. What a stupid thing to do.

Just caught some clips of the first episode. Have to admit I go for the spooky stuff. It could be fun.

Jazzy it may not be true,I don't think anyone as said anything that they shouldn't.

It is all speculation, and nothing untoward has been said. However Lee is in Manchester for a few days again and that is where a certain Sky TV series is filmed.

Don't get excited, I haven't heard any news about "the role". I don't have Sky, but am I right in thinking that Will Young is in Bedlam, according the the website he is. Will Young is a guest on Graham Norton tonight, wonder what he will talk about????