​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does Anybody Help Me?

Hi, everybody!! I could not post for a while because I was too tired by my life of everything!! Nowadays my only dream is going to Lee's Concert and of course to UK!! Now does somebody please let me inform about the UK rail ways? I've already booked the way from London to Worthing, can I change the time of the schedule? Is it charges? Also does anybody know how to change trains from Cardiff central station toward Cardiff Bay station? I think I have to go from Cardiff central to Cardiff Queen Street station and will get the train toward Cardiff Bay. Is it far from Central to Queen Street? I am so afraid to go abroad because it is very first trip for me to fly to UK. Even visit English speaking contries are shocking. Last time for me was US and it was more than 20 years ago!! Screeming!!

Re: Does Anybody Help Me?

Aw Chie I can understand your worry. Its a bit thing to travel to a place you have never been, I would feel the same. You are very brave.

I can't help much on the trains but I'm sure someone here will know.

Try not to worry, i'm sure it will all work out well for you.

Hi Chie, I do admire you travelling all the way from Japan to see Lee, but he is worth it. I don't know Cardiff that well, but i have been to shows and concerts there so hope this is of some help to you.

Are you going to see Lee in Cardiff, if so his concert is in St.David's Hall which is in the centre of Cardiff city and not in Cardiff Bay. St David's Hall is about a 10 minute walk from Cardiff Central station so you wouldn't have to change trains, it is opposite the Tourist Information Centre, so follow the signs to that.

However, if you do have to go to Cardiff Bay for another reason, yes you would have to change trains in Cardiff Queen Street. All stations in UK have clear departure/arrival boards telling you times and platform numbers, or you could always ask someone - the Welsh are very friendly or you could catch a Bay Bus which is a shuttle service from outside Cardiff Central Station (ask for directions to the bus stop at the Information Desk) to Cardiff Bay, they run every 15 minutes cost about £4 for the day. You can get maps and other information on Cardiff on the internet.

I am not sure about your Worthing trains question, if you mean you want to change your travel time, there is sometimes a charge if the route is different from the one you have already booked, but usually tickets are valid from your day of departure for up to a month for the return journey. This is how it is in my part of the UK, perhaps someone nearer the Worthing area can give you better advice.

Sorry, this is a bit longwinded, and i stand to be corrected by anyone who knows better.

Good luck Chie. Look forward to seeing you in Cardiff, and Worthing.

Chie sorry I can't help but I have never been that way on a train,Jazzy is right when she says someone on here will help, also when you are on the train just ask someone you will always find someone very helpful,enjoy your concerts with Lee xx

I have a sister who has lived just outside Cardiff for many years, If you need any info. we would be happy to help.
Also as we are going to meet you in London we will be able to tell you all about it then. I am sure we can help you find your way to the places you want to see. please dont worry.

There is a trains helpline, 0845-464748 0r somethng like that. Sorry not sure of the number as its years since I used it. Good luck and Bon Voyage!

I've booked a Cardiff trip from the US before, so I know how strange it can be. Here's another link you'll find helpful. It's for the Cardiff busses:

http://www.cardiffbus.com/english/

The bus stations are fairly close to the train stations and a bit cheaper to get around on. You can buy a day pass from the driver or have exact change ready for the fare.

Cardiff is a smaller town and its fairly easy to find your way around in it. Not so scary once you get there.

Hi Chie,
The National Rail Enquiries number is 0845 484950.