​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bournemouth (but spoiler re set list - you are warned!)

Well!!! What can I say? Words are inadequate!!
That has to be the most professional, the best choice of songs, the most spectacular singing....... that we have had from Lee so far. And Louise Dearman just added even more quality and sparkle.
He was suited and booted with new Gucci shoes, as he happily informed us, and looked lovely. Two suit changes.

He sang all of his album apart from "She" and also had a fair number of MT songs. His set list was in the programme but he added a couple more. But his choice of MT songs were just perfect!
Bring him home
Gethsemane
Music of the Night (phantom)
As long as you're mine (duet with Louise)

Standing ovation for Anthem and Gethsemane.

He claimed to be very nervous at the start but you couldn't see that, but he seemed to need reassurance a lot that we were enjoying ourselves. He asked the audience whether it was what we expected and he hoped we didn't find it too cheesy, or rather he tried hard to make it not sound cheesy. Of course it didn't!!!
As always, ADWD went down very well with the crowd.

He actually said to come and say hello afterwards, where his album was on sale and he was signing at a desk. It took Karen and I an hour to get through the queue but he signed our CD's and programmes and Phil Tarling standing near, took my camera and took photos for us, as he was for everyone!!

A superb show - slick, relaxed, and immensely enjoyable. The best yet!!!

Re: Bournemouth

Well, I've been trying to gather my thoughts about last night but as usual I'm still completely Meadmushed. I think you've said it all Kirsten, so thank you. It was such a wonderful evening - Gethsemane, Bring Him Home, Anthem -
Manchester, you have a treat in store tonight!

Re: Bournemouth (but spoiler re set list - you are warned!)

Thank you for a lovely review. Woul have loved to hVE BEEN THERE. roll on Cardiff.

Have you recieved your C.D. ? ordered mine on the first day and it has not arrived yet.

Thanks for the report Kirsten. Good to know Lee was on top form. Lovely to read for those who weren't there last night. Can't wait for Cardiff now.

Thanks Kirsten for the report,wow hope tonights is the same list.
Not long now before I set off for Manchester can't wait.

Kim

Thanks Kirsten, really looking forward to tonight and please to hear that this time there is a programme and album for sale. Is there any other merchandise? I've been collecting pin badges for more years than I care to admit

Thanks Kirsten, as Lynne says you summed up the evening wonderfully. An incredible evening, still trying to recover from Lee's rendition of 'Fix You' - stunning !

The programme on sale is very good - lots of info & wonderful pictures.

Have a fantastic evening those going to Manchester tonight

Thanks Kirsten, lovely review! That queue was soooooo long!

It truly was an amazing night, i'm on a high as always. It was professional & polished and just rolled beautifully from one song to the next. Lee's lovely chats in between were adorable. It was so lovely to hear so many new songs sang so well (the album really does have a live feel and its lovely to hear all the concert songs on it).

Fix you was my favourite of the night, what a mindblowing delivery. The smoky air and coloured backlights (changed from red to pink to blue green for different songs) enhanced his face and body to perfection. It was the best concert I've ever seen, tops Barbican and I thought nothing would top that.

He was happy, relaxed, gorgeous, sexy, funny and a true star on top form!! Voice was beautiful on the long top notes. You have to hear it for yourself!

His suits were swanky and fitted. Both 3 piece. First was chocolate brown with matching brown tie and a pale shirt (possibly blue) and the second was a well fitted black one again with matching tie. The Gucci shoes were black patent and VERY shiny!! They were a gift to himself but I can't remember what the occasion was, possibly just the tour.

As Kirsten said, he openly invited everyone to the back room for CD's and signing after the show, saying it was his favourite bit....I think nearly the whole auditorium took him up on the offer as he was signing for an hour and three quarters!! He was tired at the end though, hardly surprising.

A tweet has just reminded me of something. Louise kept calling him Lee Mead when she welcomed him back to the stage after her slot and apparently he didn't like the 'Mead' saying it sounded pretentious. But she kept forgetting and they made a joke out of it.

At the end in the final line up, Lee put his arms around the guys beside him and lifted his feet off the floor and when he did put them down again you could visibly see him pushing their backs down for a bow, hehee. A good moment.

I really enjoyed Louise too, having been a bit nervous of how she would be. She is a good singer and they dueted Falling Slowly and As long as you're mine. Both sounded lovely. A good bit of acting at the end .

There was one song where Lee leapt high into the air to jump from the main stage to the slightly lower front area I'll say no more......just go!!

Thank you Kirsten and Jazzylou. I never tire of hearing these reviews.

I'm so happy that the concert went so well - we do always worry for him, don't we?

Thank you Kirsten sounds fantastic,will we be getting any Pics of the night

I have to agree this was the best Lee concert I've been to so far. Absolutely stunning. The sound was great, you could hear every word so clearly and he sang beautifully. Loved all the songs from the album and the MT songs were a wonderful surprise. Bring him Home was amazing, so full of feeling and Gethsemane was so beautiful but also heart-wrenching with the depth of feeling he put into it. I love the depth of feeling he brings to all his songs but those two stood out for me. After he'd sung Music Of The Night, he put his hand in front of his face as if he had on the mask. My hubbie who has been to a fair number of his concerts commented on how confident, professional and also rather cheeky he's become on stage now - so sexy - the guy knows he's got it!
I wanted to stay and get an album signed but I'm still recovering from my second hip op and unfortunately couldn't have stood for so long. When we got there the queue was massive. Just have to be content with my CD when it arrives.

Deanna join the club I am the same I had a new knee a while ago but find it difficult to stand a long time,we have to make do with seeing him for which I am grateful for

More than enough acer - are you going to any of the concerts?

I can't add much more to what others have already said. Lee was absolutely sensational and has really raised the bar for this tour. My personal favourites were Music of the Night (the 'phantom' had me totally under his spell!), Fix You (far and away my favourite on the new album, but I loved it by Coldplay anyway), Gethsemane, Bring Him Home, Anthem and a very naughty Kiss!

Before the show we got talking to a lady and her husband who had never even heard of Lee until he appeared on Titchmarsh earlier in the week. Because he looked like a nice young man with a lovely voice, they and four friends booked tickets purely on the strength of that TV appearance. They couldn't believe how many of us know one another (never having met 'pre-Joseph') and follow him around to all his shows, and were fascinated by the whole thing. We caught up with them at the end of the show - and they thought he was wonderful! More converts.

Yes Deanna I am hopefully going to Liverpool and Cardiff if weather keeps fine I live in Llandudno and we haven't had any snow (yet) but I know some parts have been bad, can't wait after such great reviews

Wow, thanks for all the reports, ladies! ALiz, what a fab story!

A few photos from the signing:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lovely to see those photos, especially as Janet & I weren't able to stay for the signing.
Thanks Kirsten, they're gorgeous.

Phwoaarrrr! Those are stunning pix, thanks Kirsten!

They are indeed! *THUD*

His hair is looking quite long at the moment.

WOW! Gorgeous!! Kirsten that camera is worth its weight in gold - thank you x

Hey girls so glad it all went well.
Thank you for the lovely photos Kirsten, it was very strange not to be there for his firat night of a tour. It felt horrid really but so glad our tickets made 2 LMAS happy.
I do look forward to Bristol, wish we could do more of them this year .
Hugs to all

Fabulous photo's as always Kirsten, thank you so much for sharing them with us. Have a fabulous time at Bristol Chantale, you are definitely in for a treat and the seats were very much appreciated

Oooo!!!! Fab photos....thanks Kirsten, and everyone one for the reviews too...
It was a wonderful, wonderful night, with Lee at his best!!!
Love the new material too...can't wait for the album to drop through my door from Earthquake now...