​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CD QR Code

I wanted to give my views on this before most of the CD's hit your doorsteps tomorrow.

This code is a direct thank you from Lee to the people who have purchased the CD. I think it should be kept private and not put on the forums as it would be a violation of his generosity.

Not everyone will be able to see the link as it needs up to date phone technology but perhaps we could set up an private email for those who need it.

I hope this doesn't anger anyone I'm just thinking of Lee and his unique gift to those that have bought the album.

Re: CD QR Code

I have no idea what a QR code is, much less that one was going to be on the CD. I feel like I've come in half way through a conversation. Especially as this is the first time I've seen this QR thing mentioned.

It seems a bit gimmicky to have something that can only be accessed by those with certain types of mobile phones. It would have made more sense to simply have the message on the CD - that way, anyone who buys one hears the message. It seems unfair that some people who have bought the CD won't be able to hear the message, even though they've earned the right to. Sometimes simpler really is better.

Its not a message. I do agree about the phone thing though, not everyone will be able to scan the code, an additional typed link would have been a better idea.

Jazzy what kind of phone do you need my son has a Blackberry would that do? if not there is no way I will see it

Nor will I, as I have a very outdated mobile phone ...

I am not very happy about it everyone has not got a state of the arts phone and if you haven't got one you lose out, I think there should be a way for these people to see it,actually I would like to know what we are looking for?

I am just happy that I will be able to enjoy Lee's
wonderful new album when I receive it on Monday.

I have no mobile at all! never have had and certainly no need now as I have a second handset for our house number next to me in bed.

I hope I haven't opened a Pandora's box on this one but most will see what i'm talking about when they get the CD themselves anyway so this thread would probably have been started by someone else.

Acer I don't have the right phone either but i'm lucky enough to have two techy children with the right gadgets.
I would have to speak to Kirsten about this but hopefully there will be a way of emailing the code to anyone who can't scan it. We don't want to be giving it to anyone who does not have the album as that would undermine Lee's wishes as its only available with the CD.

Thanks Jazzy yes I understand what you are saying and I agree,I have a very techy neice who maybe could do it,if not will have to see if anything can be done on here

Is the QR code on the inside cover of the album or the outside? if it's on the outside, anyone could walk into a store with the right kind of phone and access the website without buying the album.

If it's on the inside, yeah,a link would have been nice as well for those of us still dealing with old-tech, but hey, live and learn on the album production crew side. We all have friends that can help us get this sorted.

It still sounds like a nice idea to include the bonus :)

Jazzylou my album arrived today but I can't find the code, could you tell me where it is please thank you

Have you played the CD acer?

Jazzy no I haven't I was going to listen tonight.

Then you will find it

Jazzylou thank you so much xx

For those who have bought the album and not got a smart phone, email me. I will give you the link.

For me to give it to you:
- you must be registered on this forum
- have bought the CD
- agree to not pass the link to anyone else

At the end of the day, Jo Public will pass this code to anybody that asks, but we will endeavour to do this the "right" way! It's a matter of trust I guess.

I've downloaded the album from iTunes. Does that mean I'm allowed to have the link? I only listen to music via my computer or iPhone now as we no longer use a cd player!

Thanks Kirsten, good idea. I was wondering about asking to quote the little code on the back of the booklet bottom right which would work for those with the CD but not the downloaders. I'll leave it up to you. This stuff will probably be out in not time but at least we won't be responsible.

Initially I just didn't want anyone putting the link on here as I didn't think it was fair to Lee.

p.s. I have my favourites

Stevie,
Yes that's fine too.

K xx

Thanks Kirsten, I have emailed you x

I have bought the cd, have a smart phone with the qr scan app but can't get anything! It scans ok then gives me a message something like "text Leemead" then a code and I press ok but nothing happens. Any ideas anyone?! Thanks. X

I don't have a smart phone, and have to say I don't think it's fair for those of us who don't have one that we can't access the 'extras', as we've all bought the album.

These codes are appearing more & more on adverts etc. these days.
I wonder if it is really worth it if there are so many who can't access them?

Help i cant get Lees CD I Tried Sainsburys twice since Monday they keep saying if its not in the charts it wont be there also Tried HMV Where next can i try the girl in Sainsburys looked at me if i was off another planet when iasked about it Flippin heck Luv Mazzax

Mazza,

There seem to have been some problems getting the CD manufactured and distributed - HMV haven't got their allocation yet but hopefully some HMV stores may have the CD next week and bigger supermarkets may also get some in. Other than that, the easiest way to get the album is to order it on-line at Amazon, Sainsburys, HMV etc. Or if you are going to any of Lee's concerts, you should be able to buy it at the venue. I hope you manage to get your hands on a copy eventually!

Finally got mine to work! It wasn't doing what I thought it would when I scanned. When I've scanned qr codes previously, there usually is an automtic pop-up; this is different and lovely. Credit must go to my daughter for explaining what to do!

Well done, its worth it!

Oh yessiree!!! X

I have a smartphone and have listened to the CD but didn't notice anything extra that I needed. Does it need to be played on a computer or is the code on the actual disc cover?

The code to scan is behind the cd on the inside back cover of the case, just off centre and there is some writing there telling you what it is for and what to do, but you will still need to access on a computer not just a smart phone. That was where I was going wrong!

I think it may depend on what type of smartphone or application you have. I scanned the code and then got taken straight to where I needed to be by the phone. It's probably best to view the goodies on the computer though!