Love Tour Concert at the Cliffs

I have just got back to hotel in London after seeing
concert at the Cliffs, this is my first concert of
the Love Tour and it just blew me away. Lee was
superb, every song he sang beautifully and there
were a lot. He was very funny, entertaining and
confident I really didn't want the concert to end,
and he looked gorgeous. His mum, dad and brother
were there and, it seems quite a few friends. From what I could see the theatre was pretty well packed.

Someone's mobile phone went off at the beginning of
the concert when Lee was talking but it didn't phase
him at all he done some lovely banter about it, he really was funny.

I had to leave straight after the concert to catch the
train back to Fenchurch Street, but it looked like
the queue for signing was going to be a long one.

I will let others that were there fill you in with
all the content, I just wanted to let those that couldn't be there know how wonderful he was this
evening.

maggiemay X

Re: Love Tour Concert at the Cliffs

Louise and the band were great as well, you can tell that they all get on so well together.

One more thing and them I am off to bed. I loved
him singing 'At or with me' a really upbeat number
which he had a lot of fun with.

Right goodnight everyone.

Thank you so much for your review. Hope you were able to get some rest after such a wonderful evening.

maggiemay, it sounds as if your head was still spinning last night after such an amazing show.
I know the feeling.
Thanks for your review.

Hi Maggie, from your comments about travelling back to London straight after, I think you were sat next to me and my husband who wasn't clapping along very much! Hope you had a safe journey and the rest of it today. If not then please ignore this message!!
I can only agree with you the concert was fantastic even though he said he was more nervous playing his home town than Wembley! He didn't appear nervous at all, very relaxed and comfortable. He has a great sense of humour and is quick witted.

OMG, we had such a brilliant time last night, I had been so stressed about the journey/traffic, the parking and sorting out stuff at home all afternoon that when you actually get there and sit down in your seat, it is so lovely just to relax and take it all in. I had forgotten how Lee just bursts onto the stage and he was on really good form, with all his stories, and he was really funny, people were all loving his banter. Highlights for me were 'Bring him home' which I had been waiting so long to hear live and he absolutely nailed it, my eyes were just full of tears and I had forgotten how fantastic it was to hear him singing 'Close every door' that really brought the house down. He put everything into 'Gethsemene' he was really emotional at the end and I even heard the two men behind us (who I think were reluctant partners of Meady fans!) say how brilliantly he performed it. All of the new material went down really well, I loved 'At or with you' and 'Falling slowly' which he sang with Louise and 'Fix You' was amazing. We didn't stay for the signing as we had that long journey home again, although I think the real reason is I am too much of a coward!! Oh, one funny thing was his brother Casey was in the bar before the show and when we walked through he had his back to us and I nearly had a heart attack, he has grown his hair so long now he looks like Lee's double, we saw loads of ladies casually walking past and then do a real comedy 'double take' when they saw him! I only wish some of the other concerts were nearer, I had forgotten how addictive they are or he is! Sorry for rambling on, I think I am officially Mead mushed this morning!

Thanks Clare it is great to read when you have not been to the concert,I remember when Lee and Casey were on TV in Ready Steady Cook and Ainsley asked Lee if they were twins and Lee said no there is three years difference,looking forward to the concerts only a few more days to wait

Hi acer, you will have an amazing time, enjoy it! x

I was at the Cliffs too. Lee was sensational! Gethsemane was outstanding, the most emotional and powerful performance ever! He is so amazing, one moment being so funny telling stories and doing silly dances, leaving us in stitches, the next turning on the emotion and drama for songs like Gethsemane, Bring Him Home and Music of the Night.

We had a little treat in the afternoon. We arrived early and were having a coffee in the bar/cafe which overlooks the estuary, when a familiar figure walked in. Yes, it was Lee, with a group of friends. They got their drinks and sat at a corner table, and were left undisturbed by everyone, which is as it should be. (Lovely view of the curls, though! )

Thanks for your great reviews Clare & A Liz.
A Liz, how lovely that you all had a Valentine's Day treat yesterday afternoon!

Oooh now this is definitely a good thread to be in this morning. Thanks everyone for your fabulous reports!!

Clare I laughed at you description of Casey. We saw him at the Barbican and I totally agree with you at how alike they look now!

Glad to hear that Lee felt able to relax in his 'own' theatre bar in full view of everyone. I love that he will still do that kind of thing.

Gethsemane sounds amazing, i'd love to have seen that emotion at the end.

Glad to hear that having family and friends in didn't put him off too much. If anyone can remember any snippets of his in between song chats, id love to hear some.

He made us all laugh when he said he queued up for three and a half hours to audition for Les Mis and he literally sang two words of his audition song before they shouted 'next' and how he made endless trips up to London from his little flat in Rayleigh (a suburb of Southend) to try and get roles.

His friend Charlotte was in and he said she had the 'misfortune' of being his dance partner when they were training (imagine!). He said he had to work for hours in the dance studio when learning 'Dancing through Life' and instead of counting like the real dancers he just remembered the moves along with the words of the song.

At the end it was really touching as he told us it would have been his lovely Nan's 75th birthday that day and he dedicated the show to her.

Just remembered another amusing incident. During ADWD, Rob (on Trumpet) and Harry (on Trombone) started a little dance, which Lee couldn't see but we could. Encouraged by our laughter, their dance became funnier and funnier until we were all in hysterics - meanwhile Lee was happily singing ADWD, but you could see him wondering what we were all laughing at. Eventually he turned round and caught them in the act, then changed the lyrics to something about Southend (can't remember what, unfortunately) - so funny.

Did you stay for the signing Another Liz? Was the queue very long?

OMG!! What an amazing concert!! Lee was just brilliant and so funny. You think each time you see him he couldn't get any better than before and then he just blows everyone away. It was the first time I've heard him song Gethsemane, it was very emotional and wasn't surprising he went off stage after that - he poured his heart and soul into the performance.

The lady whose phone went off was actually standing by me in the line up after the concert, but was too embarrassed to meet him. Her friends told Lee though and he said to call her over to him, which they did. She apologised to him - he was so sweet to her and told her not to worry.

Thank you WJ ladies, for sharing the evening with me, you promised me a fab time and it was - a hundred times over

Many thanks to everyone for the lovely reviews. So pleased to read what a fantastic performance it was.

If I remember rightly about the mobile phone going
off, Lee was chatting to the audience when it went off and he casually said, was that somebody's phone,
then he started to make out he was the person having the conversation and put on this comical cockney type
voice saying 'yes I am listening to that guy who
played Joseph, no not Jason Donovan but the guy on
the TV programme', he probably said more but that's all I can remember, Lee and everyone was giggling, as
I said before Lee handled it really well without
embarrasing the person whose phone had gone off.

Loving all the reports, ladies! Thanks very much for sharing!

Thanks everyone for the reviews...
I can't add much more to what has already been said, except to say that the man ROCKS! He just keeps getting better and better...and his performance of 'Gethsemane' last night was the best and most powerful and emotional performance I have yet to see...It just 'blew me away' and brought on the biggest tear attack so far...
My OH (who hasn't seen Lee for awhile) said how much he had matured in performance, and mentioned too, just how confident Lee is with the audience now. Also, how funny he was on stage, dealing with all the interuptions from the audience with ease...He also...thought 'Gethsemane' was amazing, but his favourite song was 'Bring Him Home'
It was indeed a fabulous evening, not only for us, but for Lee too. He was was absolutely loving every minute of the concert...
He's a 'Born Performer' no doubt about that.
I would love to see him do a 'Comedy Play' sometime in the future...I think he would be hilarious...

It was lovely to catch up with some familiar faces last night, and meet some new ones too...and I would just like to add, many thanks to Lee, and my lovely friends, for making the
2012... 'Valentine Evening' so enjoyable...
Thank you ladies, and gents too...

Despite almost having to prop my eyes open after an exciting few days on "the tour", and a slightly stressful journey home, cancelled trains due an obstruction/incident in the Severn Tunnel, i will attempt to add a few more snippets of the Southend concert while they are still fresh in my mind. Please excuse typos. Everything that has been said about the songs has been said, Gethsemane, it was as if he was really angry at, and challenging his God who you could actually believe was somewhere at the back of the auditorium - truly spine tingling. Music of the Night, Bring Him Home,just sensational.

So to the banter bits i remember. A/Liz, when he turned and saw the brass section doing their dance to ADWD, he changed the words to "Any job will do", giggled and completely lost the plot for a minute.

At the beginning he asked if everyone was having a nice Valentines day, explained he took Denise out to dinner the night before. He then picked on a couple in the front row and asked the man if he was having a nice day, his wife replied, and I'm not too sure of the exact words but something like 'I made it worth while' (laughter) to which Lee raised his eybrows and said, "OOOOoo a nice dinner, with extras" (more laughter).

He also acknowledged a little girl near the front, asking her age and name. It was lovely at the end during Daydream Believer when he acknowledged her again. He also had a lovely bit of banter with another lady who shouted "love you Lee" from the back, asked her name and at the end asked if she would like to join the tour, to which she replied "yes please". Lee replied he would have a word with Neil.

Kiss was fun. He came down the steps into the audience, dancing along the front row, and up and down the aisles, waving to the people in the circle.

At the end of "The way you look tonight", because it is such a dreamy song, he said it almost sent him to sleep, and he sort of leaned back holding the mic, with his eyes closed, sleepily saying things like "prop me up on the pillow, i'm sleepy ...??? kiss you" - sorry can't remember exact words . That's an image that will stay in my head for a long time!!!!

He and Louise were having quite a laugh, and seemed to have a bit of difficulty keeping straight faces during "As long as your mine", but it was still fabulous.

Great night, and lovely to meet up with friends.

Thanks Ruthie that was great I love to hear little snippets of what he says and taking Denise out to dinner lovely, did he say anything about Betsy?

Thank you Ruthie...a wonderful review.
I admire you, for remembering so much.
Lovely to meet up with you all again too...

Thank you all so much for sharing. I also love to hear the little chatty bits. He is so adorable, isn't he?

Just wanted to thank you all for the reports. The Cliffs is my local theatre but I wasn't able to go this time, cos it was Valantines Day and hubby didn't want to go . Anyway, it sounds as though he's on top form at the moment as the reviews have been fab.