​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It Is BEDLAM

Just come through on Twitter. Lee's new role is in the spooky "Bedlam" he plays a character who moves into the flats who does not believe in Ghosts but apparently gets to know diiferently. !!! I believe it is on Sky which is a bit of a dissapointment as I dont have it but will have to hope some kind soal will vidio it for me !!

Re: It Is BEDLAM

Thanks Maggie - the complete Series 1 is available on DVD so we'll hopefully be able to have a nice reminder eventually!

Newspaper snippet from the Star (unfortunate heading though!)

LEE IS CREEPY
West End star Lee Mead is one of a raft of new faces joining the next series of the spooky drama Bedlam.
He will play new boy Scott who doesn't believe in ghosts. But when he moves into flat at the haunted Bedlam Heights, which is on the site of an old mental asylum, scary things happen.

It'll be on SkyLiving

Here's the press cutting:

Daily Star

Thanks for all the info everyone.

wouldn't worry about the heading , wouldn't you read something entitled 'George Clooney is creepy'? You'd want to know what that was about! (And of course it couldn't be further from the truth, in either case)

I really enjoyed the last series of Bedlam, although it is quite creepy at times. Will Young isn't in this series. You can set up an alert if you have SKY, and they'll e-mail you when it is due to start. According to what I've read the new series will be shown in the spring - so not long to wait.

Another (similar) article, but with gorgeous pic:

Monsters and Critics

Thanks Ladies for the info about Bedlam,I like the name he will have (Scott) one of my favourite names

OOOO! Thank you ladies...very exciting news!...and OH has just said that 'Sky Living' is part of our Virgin TV package...Woo! Hoo!...

Wow, so does that mean it's a recurring role rather than a one-off appearance? Great news! Congrats to the Meadster!

ETA: Thanks to Ro at LL for this link which suggests it is actually just a guest appearance.
http://skyliving.sky.com/bedlam/lee-mead-to-guest-star-in-bedlam-series-2

The last series had a core cast (the building owner, his daughter, various others) and guests who moved into the building as tenants, though they tended not to stay long due to the creepy happenings. Most of the original cast were killed off in the last episode, hence the new cast.
I suspect Lee's character will be one of the temporary tenants. Looks like it's just one episode according to what Lee says in the article.

For those who don't have twitter, look at this tweet, from Neil Jones, who apparently is one of the writers on Bedlam:

"Have to admit to doing some really horrible things to LM in one of my Bedlam episodes."

No-o-o-o-o-o- !!!!!!

Oh no I won't be able to stand it!!!!

Perhaps it's just as well I don't have Sky.

A picture - tweeted by someone obviously involved:

On set pic

Thanks A/Liz I am glad to see he still has his curls

Thanks A/Liz. Looking very serious

Thanks A/Liz
Oooo!...I wonder what happens to him? Real spooky eh? Hope they treat him gently.

Er - no - C/Liz, they're not going to treat him gently. See earlier post/tweet!

Thanks A/Liz...just read it...LOL!
YIPES!!! is right!!!

Oh, but it's so much better for an actor (and fun for him) when they put his character through terrible things. I can't wait for him to get a juicy villain role, heehee! Those are really the most fun.

Thanks for pic A/Liz. He looks a bit scared doesn't he !! I can hardly cope when he does that long drawn out scream in Gethsemane, so will be watching Bedlam from under a duvet

Lee has tweeted that he has been doing a bath scene been in bath for 2 hrs

You are not going to be looking at the bath scene from under the duvet Sue LOL. On pause maybe. See you Thursday.

Hi Graziellla
Yes, you're right, having seen that he's doing a bath scene I might just crawl out from under the duvet
Just to make sure he keeps a firm hand on his Soap on a Rope of course
Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday xx

Lee tweeted in response to someone that Bedlam is being aired the 2nd week in May. I read somewhere before that its meant to be the 4th episode.

Lee said on Loose Women he was in the 4th episode

I knew I heard somewhere- must have been from Lee then.