​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cardiff Concert

This was the first concert of the “love Tour” for me. Lovely morning had a pleasant drive down and a nice meal in the restaurant next to the venue. Theatre was very large and unfortunately not that full, may have been the time of day 5pm. Seems a strange time for a concert. However we had front row seats so who is complaining. Lee was on top form and looking good in his posh suits, first a dark grey one and then a brown. His banter was both funny and touching (he is getting better at this all the time) and he sang beautifully. Gethsemane was mind blowing and reduced quite a lot of the audience to tears. He was joined by Louise for a duet which was his and Elphaba’s love song from Wicked. Louise also sang a couple of songs solo, I loved her voice but not her wardrobe !!!
We queued afterwards to “meet @ greet”. Lee sat next to Louise behind a table. I had a carefully prepared few words to say to him and he must think by now I am a bit slow as I always loose the plot when I get close. Anyway I was thrown into touch when he greeted me with “Hello Maggie, give me a kiss” - please note he asked me, not the other way round !!! I was happy to oblige, and he then introduced me to Louise saying “this is Maggie she is a legend. Don’t quite know where that came from but I have been called worse !
I’ve added a couple of pics that were taken kindly by Phil on my camera – they will bring good memories.
After a few circuits trying to find a way out of Cardiff, we had a good journey home, and I am now looking forward to doing it all again at Birmingham

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Cardiff Concert

Ooooh Lovely Maggie. I can just see me talking to Louise in the kissing one. Sadly all my photos are severely blurred. When i calmed down enough to look at my camera properly, I found it was on the wrong setting. Sob sob. Oh well I will be more careful next time.
Not much that I can add to Maggie's account but I will try.
It was very exciting sitting in the front row. Lee came zooming on in a beautiful charcoal coloured suit with patent pointy shoes. The suit had 2 pockets on each side, one above the other and a chain hanging at the front. The trousers were (how can I put this),well fitted. He was obviously raring to go and did a Max Boyce (remember him) style Oggy oggy oggy which went down well.
His voice was top notch probably the best I have heard it. Highlights for me were Fix You which made me hyperventilate and cry at the same time, and Gethsemene which was out of this world. I remember thinking I wouldn't like to follow that as Louise came onto the stage!
His chats are so relaxed now and I love the way he seems to be having as much fun as the audience.
In the second half he was wearing a similarly styled brown suit with a blue shirt.
Afterwards there was a jolly signing with Phil keeping himself busy kindly taking photos for everyone. If only I could think of something sensible to say when I get to the front of the queue. I will keep practising!
What a concert! Completely breathtaking. Birmingham....bring it on!

Ahhh, lovely reviews, ladies! Maggie, another kiss! Woohoo!

Bit of hand-touching going on as well there, Maggie. Lucky lady - I'm well yel, to quote Denise. I'm glad you had a great time! x

Thanks Cassie and Maggie. Glad you both enjoyed it.

Thanks for your reviews Maggie & Cassie.
Maggie, if only I could hear him say those 4 words to me - give me a kiss!!!
You lucky lady!

Thanks for the reviews - it sounds like Lee is very happy and in great form at the moment! All being well, I shall see him for myself later this week

thanks for reviews and pix. Sorry to hear venue not quite booked out but it is huge. Some of the Welsh still go to chapel more than once on Sundays. Presumably they had some other show on in the evening..

Thanks for the reviews Maggie and Cassie.

You are one very lucky lady Maggie getting a kiss from Lee- a legend even.