​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Liverpool Concert

Just a brief report. I'm sure there will be many more in the next few days. A lot of LMAS ladies at the Liverpool concert were following Lee to Birmingham. So lucky!!
Lee just gets better. A fantastic concert. Lee and Louise were relaxed and chatty. Louise recognised and acknowledged “Lee's lovely ladies” in the audience and thanked them for their kindness.
Loved the song list – couldn't possibly choose a favourite. Memorable songs with beautiful lyrics. Loved the light hearted moments when George and Harry were performing a dance to Any Dream Will Do behind Lee's back. It made Lee turn round to see what we were laughing at.
His duets with Louise were wonderful and Lee's songs from MT were outstanding, emotional and mesmerising. Lee absolutely poured his heart out during Gethsemane.
Lee mentioned that The Love Tour was a short tour in larger city centre venues and said he hopes to arrange more concerts later in the year at smaller more provincial towns. He asked for suggestions close to Liverpool and there were suggestions shouted from the audience – perhaps unfamiliar place names to Lee. I do hope there will be another concert tour later this year.
Lee invited everyone to meet him at the signing afterwards and there was a long queue of happy people waiting to meet Lee and Louise.
A perfect evening.
Managed to get these photo's during the final encore.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo credits Chris W

Re: Liverpool Concert

Thanks for your review Chris. Nice to know he will be touring again later this year. Thanks for the photos too - especially the first one.

Thanks, Chris! Love the photos!

Thanks Chris, always look forward to all reviews and new pics.

I was lucky enough to be in Liverpool as well and absolutely adored the concert. He sang beautifully and enjoyed himself immensely - but didn't come into the audience!!! They were very strict about cameras etc there and I wondered if he was told that he couldn't!
I was quite excited to hear that he is thinking of another tour this year, at smaller venues. When asked about venues near Liverpool, a couple of people shouted out Southport (my home town!!!!!). He didn't appear to have heard of it, but I am hoping that he remembers, given it's not far from sounding like 'Southend'. It does have quite a nice, modern theatre....here's hoping!
Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the signing. We had a train to catch and my OH would not have appreciated paying for a taxi home.

Thank you ladies...lovely 'line up' photo too.

Hi Michelle, would you happen to be the lady I sat next to in the audience? I forgot to ask your name, but did ask where you were from, and that was Southport. I am the Belgian one. We did enjoy a fabulous Lee in concert didn't we? Back in Belgium, but my thoughts are still at the Liverpool Philharmonic. It was lovely meeting you (if you're the one I think I sat next to that is )

Hi 'BelgianLeefan',
No, I was sitting on an aisle seat next to my friend, so it wasn't me, but it's interesting to note that there is at least one more Southport fan amongst us. I wonder who she is - we could meet up!
It was a fabulous concert, though, wasn't it? A pity that it wasn't full, but there seemed plenty of people when everyone was moved into the stalls. The people of Liverpool didn't know what they were missing!!!