Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Birmingham

Oooh, thanks! Those last 3 are fab!

FYI, Anna Laycock has already blogged about the concert:

http://annalaycock.blogspot.com/2012/02/lee-mead-love-tour.html#!/2012/02/lee-mead-love-tour.html

WOW! Great photos Kirsten, thank you.
I love the on-stage pic & those close-ups are gorgeous.
A few familiar faces in the audience too!
Thanks for the link to the blog PKP. Her words at the end are so true - that's why we all love him so much.

Some Lee-expressions!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Love them! Thanks Kirsten.
After reading about his dentist in one of the interviews on PKP's new interviews thread, then seeing these photos, I'd say she's doing a great job!
You've posted more since I started this. Those curls!

LOL, more great pix! Love that face! Thanks, Kirsten!

LOved all the pictures, thank you.

I click on the link to the blog and can't get
anything, could anyone help please.

Wow thank you

Maggie, the link still works, but maybe you have to wait for the images to load? She's got a couple of photos up now.

Here's the text of Anna Laycock's blog review:

"26th February 20121

Birmingham Symphony Hall

Lee Mead’s concerts just seem to get better and better. I thought nothing could top Lee Mead’s Merry Christmas at the Barbican last December, but I think today's last concert of the much anticipated Love Tour did. Birmingham Symphony Hall seemed like the perfect venue (apart from, perhaps Albert Hall!) for Lee, it is grand and beautiful with a large open stage for the ban. Yet this grandness did not compensate the intimacy Lee’s concerts are known and loved for. Also the more concerts I see, the more powerful Lee’s voice seems to be; today his ballads were breathtaking, leading to several standing ovations throughout the show.

Lee performed a mixture of tracks from his new album, musical theatre classics and old favourites. Highlights included the upbeat number “Kiss” which saw Lee come into the audience (unfortunately I was on the other side of the stalls!), “Dancing Through Life” from Wicked during which Lee danced a snippet of Fiyero's routine and “The Garden”, a beautiful number from Lee’s new album, Love Songs. However, the most moving and emotional songs that brought the audience and even Lee himself to tears were “Your Song”, “Anthem” and “Bring him Home”. “Bring Him Home” finished the first act magnificently; Lee both sang and acted the song brilliantly, conveying the deep raw emotions of the lyrics. It is amazing how these songs staged entirely out of context from the musical theatre shows where they originate were performed with such intense emotion. At the end of each performance there was hardly a dry eye in the house!

Lee was joined on this tour by Louise Dearman, who starred alongside Lee as Glinda in the West End production of Wicked last year. Louise was outstanding, performing tracks from her album out in May and duetting with Lee. When their two voices came together the effect was spine tingling. As a massive Wicked fan my favourite was the duet “As Long as Your Mine”. Making a change from her role in the West End, Louise stepped into the shoes of Elphaba, and Lee reprised his role as Fiyero. Adding to the atmosphere, the lights tinted the stage green, getting us in the Wicked mood. The duet was beautiful, sincere and moving. It would be lovely to see more of Lee and Louise performing together.

Overall, the concert was brilliant and to top it off Lee and Louise stayed over an hour and a half after the concert to sign programmes. I eagerly joined the very, very long queue near the back and about an hour later I spoke to Lee for the first time. He was so polite and courteous, thanking us for waiting and then signing my programme. It is lovely to see how humble Lee is, he may be a big West End star and recording artist yet he never forgets his fans. Today’s concert has been wonderful, I sincerely hope there are more concerts to come!
"

Sounds wonderful!

PKP thanks for posting the text of the blog. I still
can't get anything when I click on the link, so
I am very grateful to you. What a lovely blog it
is and so true.

Thank you for those wonderful photos Kirsten. I can spot a few familiar faces in that audience.... !!!

I am not going to attempt a review, because a) we are all hoping that someone who has a wonderful way with words will oblige!!!! and b)I just can't get all my thoughts together yet, but i did just wanted to share a little snippet.

We were lucky enough to see Lee and Phil arrive for the concert. There we were in that vast concourse/foyer of the Symphony Hall trying to locate the box office to collect a ticket, when i looked across and spotted Phil arriving pulling a wheelie suitcase, followed by Lee carrying a holdall. They were obviously looking for the stage door and headed our way to find someone to give them directions. We did our best to look natural and unphased by his presence, and he smiled and said hello to us. He looked gorgeous in that coat with the big furry collar, mustard coloured jeans and a light grey scarf. For some reason, amongst all the amazing Lee performances and images that i have seen during the Love Tour, that one of him walking across the concourse is playing havoc with my senses - why????

Love the photos Kirsten, thank you,
and thank you PKP for posting the text of AL's blog review.

I haven't posted on here for ages, but I just have to say thanks Kirsten for those amazing photos, I LOVE 'em!!
Sue xx

Thanks to Ro, the Timeline has a report for Birmingham as well as some choice setlist goodies:

http://leemead-timeline.co.uk/files/events/uktourfeb12/birmingham26feb12/menu.html

Thank you Kirsten - some great photos there, and thank you Ladies for the added extras...
Fabulous blog too.

Ruthie - Woo! Hoo!...what a lovely 'Up close and personal' with the GO...you lucky ladies!!!
Speaking as WJ's Mead Manor's 'Mistress of the Robes'!!! LOL!...I'm glad you liked his outfit!!!...Took me a long time to sort out that one!!!
Must go and have a look at Ro's Timeline now...Thanks PKP too.

Wow, what fantastic pics Kirsten, thank you so much. That camera of yours should be transported to and fro venues under armed guard and the SAS.
Thanks also PKP for the links. What a great read.
Ruthie, what a fab story. When I met up with you going in, your face was a picture of happiness. Your smile lit up the whole foyer

Thanks Kirsten for the pics, lovely to have an overall view of the auditorium, not to mention the stunning close ups of Lee.

PKP thanks for the links.

Aw Ruthie, come and join me on there's enough room for two

Aw nice of you to say that CLiz, Sue C and Joem. That first pic of the second lot got to say it - "and that smile that crinkles your nose".

I must add that there were a group of people behind me in the signing queue who were raving about the concert and saying that Lee had LOADS OF CHARISMA

Those pics are just fab.

Just seen all your fab photos on the front page, Kirsten - I thought you had a good vantage point from where you were sitting!

Thanks for all the updates in Latest News Kirsten & especially for all the photos from Birmingham.
They're gorgeous!