General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIRMINGHAM WOW WOW WOW

Have just arrived home after a day trip on the train
from Torquay to Birmingham today.

What an amazing venue and an absolutely fantastic
concert Lee gave his audience in Birminghan today.
The Love Tour has to be Lee's best ever so far.

He sang every song so beautifully, Bring Him Home,
Music of the Night and Anthem absolutely gorgeous
and Gethsemene was out of this world.

Lee was funny, entertaining, looked gorgeous, well
done to Phill for Lee's gorgeous, sexy suits.

There was a lovely moment when he spoke to the
people up in the circle, he said if he had James Bond's jet pack or he was Peter Pan he would fly
up there to them.

Louise was brilliant and said how much she had
loved being on tour with Lee and the band and thanked
Lee's fans for being so lovely to her. I love Lee
and Louise' duets, they really compliment one another.

A very appreciate audience another fantastic concert
and I love Lee's band.

Well done Lee and Thankyou X

Sorry about this rambling review, not very good at
these things, but I just wanted to share this with
those who were unable to get to these concerts. I
am sure there are going to be some brilliant reviews
over the next few days.

Love maggiemay X

PS: Lee came down amongst the audience twice tonight once during Kiss and again during ADWD.
He really was having the time of his life.

Re: BIRMINGHAM WOW WOW WOW

Thanks, Maggie! Much appreciated. He certainly knows how to go out on a high note!

Thanks for review Maggie!

Thanks maggiemay. Ramble on as much as you like.

Maggiemay, loved your review.
You put into words my thoughts and brought back memories of the Manchester and Liverpool concerts.
From your description Lee certainly finished his tour with a fantastic concert.

Thanks Maggiemay - it was lovely to re-live it all again this morning, through your lovely review...
I'm still up there on cloud nine at the moment...

It was a wonderful 'Love Tour' and I do hope Lee and Louise get the oportunity to sing/perform together again in the future...Their duet from 'Wicked' was amazing...

Maggiemay, you certainly picked the right title for this thread. Birminham WOW WOW WOW indeed !!!
I really don't think anyone in the audience on Sunday afternoon will ever forget it. Thank you for your lovely review.
The main memory for me was the sheer excitment and joy that shone from Lee. He exuded happiness that I felt I could almost touch. How fabulous to see him shine out to us with a special glow. This was the most emotional of all the concerts. When he sang My Song he could hardly finish singing the last couple of words of the song and his beautiful eyes were filled with tears. For a second he turned away from us to compose himself before saying, "Sorry, I was thinking of my wife then and all my loved ones" He then said "Man up Meady" and giggled. We all melted into puddles of course
The pure excitment and anticipation in the foyer before the concert at this fabulous venue was tangible. It was fantastic to see so many friends and meet some new ones. As always at any Meady Venue, it feels like arriving at a huge family gathering.
Lee made it very clear that he felt so thrilled to be playing the Symphony Hall, as his hero Tony Bennett had played it many years ago. He conveyed, in his usual humble lovely way, that he felt very honoured.
As ever he thanked the audience for turning out on a Sunday afternoon to hear him sing and for paying out their hard earned money. He said "Especially as you have all missed your Sunday roasts. I've missed mine too!. It feels weird doing an afternoon gig" lots more delicious giggles at that point ladies. He kept saying "Tonight" instead of afternoon
Having had the huge, huge privilage to have gone to all the concerts on the tour, my head is all over the place still. Each one was AMAZING. The banter changed slightly at each but was basically the same. His ability to adlib was fantastic though. He reached out and touched his audience each time with his humour and friendly stories and antidotes.
I must just mention one special moment in Bristol. I was with my WJ mates of course but sitting next to a lady with her husband who I didn't know. In the interval, after he had sung "Bring him Home" she was in tears, as we all were. I turned to her and asked if she had seen him perform before. She replied that she had always loved him and voted for him on ADWD but the only time she had been able to see him in Joseph he was off sick and she had seen Lewis. She then added that her husband had bought the tickets for them that night to take her mind off her appointment the following morning at the BRI to get results of cancer treatment... She added that he had certainly taken her mind of that fear and that she would carry the memory of the concert with her to the hospital.... We shared a hug and kiss before she left. I told her about the signing but she said she was too ill to stand and wait.
I keep thinking of her.
So sorry ladies to ramble on but this last fortnight has been the most amazing thing I have experienced and my head is all over the place.
Thanks to all you special, precious friends who have shared everything with me. To our lovely "Jimmy Choo" mate, you looked beautiful on Sunday, sorry I didn't get to say bye, bye at the end
Gethsemene was so special on Sunday. He always puts his whole self into it (Liverpool was mind blowing) but his tears were there for all to see at Birmingham. I had to have help to get to my feet for the standing O as he finished. My legs could hardly support me. It was also so fantastic to see Louise's face as we gave her a prolonged standing O as she finished. What a STAR that girl is.
Right I'll stop gabbling on now. Phew. Sorry girls.

Oh heck. So sorry Maggiemay. I seem to have written a book. I'm really sorry. I look as though I have hijacked your thread

WOW! Sue... absolutely wonderful, thank you for your report too...
It was such a special time shared by so many lovely friends...
I think we are all still up there on Cloud nine, along with our Gorgeous Lee...
He still has no idea just how much he touches people's lives, does he?
Thanks again Maggiemay and Sue - both lovely reads, written straight from the heart too...

Thanks for sharing all your emotion & excitement Sue.
I was almost there with you.
A lovely story about the lady & her husband too.
As C Liz said, Lee doesn't realise the effect he has on people's lives.

Maggiemay thank you for starting this thread. Birmingham was so special, a fabulous way to end the tour. Never to be forgotten.

Sue, that is a wonderful report. I knew he was in tears after singing 'Your Song' but didn't catch what he said. Aww bless him what a lovely man he is.

Such great reports. And it was so wonderful to see everyone in Birmingham at what had to be Lee's finest, finest concert. Coming over for a Lee concert is also a time to connect with lovely friends even if we do not see each other very often. Which of course adds to the whole package all the friends you make.

I managed to make Bristol, Liverpool and Birmingham and he was wonderful at each one. A different Lee at each but a glorious voice at all of them.

That said Birmingham was on another level. Right from the beginning when he appeared at the back of center stage and came running on with this huge smile on his face to a packed house at a venue which meant so much to him. If he was nervous, and I am sure he was, he hid it. He even managed to add Sail Away into the first half of the show. It is a totally fully packed show. I am sure the set will be the same in Worthing, and if you can, you should get there before this tour finishes. Lee's standing ovations were so well deserved because his voice was on another wavelength. How in one moment he was in full rock mode with Fix You took a moment to compose himself and then bring all the pathos and care and sorrow into BHH and hit those glorious notes. Amazing. He was so emotional after that he just ran off the stage.

I love this album and I change my mind each day as to what track I like the most. He has just the right mix and adding in At or With Me just is a fun, sexy, rocky number.

But at this concert it is hard to pick out one without inevitably coming to Gethsemane.

Whatever you may think you have heard about his performance of this, take it to another level and then maybe you will have some idea of how magnificent he was.

In my opinion if Lee ever were to play this part, or Judas, it would have to be on a stage, an arena tour would not do him justice.

I could go on and on but this is really wordy as it is.

One more thing, the duets with Louise Dearman were wonderful. Tremendously emotional and I would love to see them work together again either in concert or on stage. And Louise had a well deserved standing ovation on her last date of the tour (for your sakes I hope she is able to manage Worthing).

So I am thoroughly exhaused and thoroughly happy.

Great stuff! Thanks for the reviews everyone!

Dear SueC thankyou for your lovely review and please don't apologise, your review was spot on. I was in
such am emotional state when I arrived home after
such a wonderful concert that I just wanted to do
a quick review for fans who were unable to go to
the concert just to give them a feel of how wonderful
Lee had performed and of course the lovely band and
Louise.

I new there would be some lovely reports coming up
on the site and was certainly right about that. So
thanks SueC and Graziella for your reviews and
bringing back some lovely memories of an unforgetable
tour. Sorry I am now rambling again and crying
with emotion. Good job I am on my own while
typing this.

Love maggiemay

PS: I am sure there will be lots more lovely reviews
on their way, keep em coming ladies.

Brilliant reviews Sue and Graziella. thank you.
Did anyone notice that how emotional and choked he was at the end when he said about people spending their hard earned money coming to hear him sing. He couldn't get the last word out, his eyes were shining with tears and he had to compose himself.

WOW WOW WOW, thanks for the great reports, Sue C & Graziellla!

Sue C, what a touching story about the lady next to you -- I hope everything turns out well for her.

Maggiemay, I just wanted to say that I do appreciate that you always post a review right away after you have seen Lee. I know that is difficult to do - fatigue and real life do get in the way at times. But I am always waiting far away in California for the least little bit of news and I love it when a review is posted so soon. I know I am not alone.

Thank all of you for your comments. SueC, that was so lovely about the woman sitting next to you. Don't you wish Lee could know how much joy he has brought to so many of us?

This whole tour has been very special.

Hi LCBoniti
Yes I agree. I know a lot of us try to tell him how much joy he brings to us and what changes to our lives he has made but he is such a humble guy he doesn't seem to get it
The problem with reviews/news on this tour was that we were travelling so much. We have been on trains constantly and on at least two occasions I have woken up in the hotel room (why are they always decorated in brown) and thought "where the heck am I this morning" Sort of " If it's Sunday it must be Birmingham"
Could I just say that I really feel very, very fortunate to have done the whole tour and wish I could have reported back to the Forum much more often to tell all you girls how fantastic he was. I haven't got a mobile I can get on line with. While I was in Australia last year I had problems with my internet link and felt desperate for news, so I know how you must feel. I only hope these details coming through to you now help a bit. Sxx

Great reviews ladies! I disobeyed all orders and stood up with everyone else to applaud the performances. It's over a year since I last saw Lee in a concert (again in Birmingham) and was hit by his amazing increase in confidence. He has so much experience now and I am sure that the success of the Japan tour must be partly responsible.

I was so overwhelmed by the joy of seeing him perform when I feared that I wouldn't make it that I couldn't post a review immediately. I couldn't stand waiting for him to sign anything so got home quite quickly but was absolutely exhausted by all the emotion.

I have never heard him sing some of these songs like BBH MothN and Gethsemane and much as I love him, I was so impressed with his performance; he exceeded my expectations by a mile!

Great to meet up with old friends and meet new people. I even met Graziella from New York - hi there.

I am so grateful to Ruth who asked Lee to sign a flyer for me which he very graciously did. I hadn't taken my CD because I knew I would have to leave immediately after the show.

I totally agree about the atmosphere. It brings back memories of the special performances of Joseph when so many of us were watching him together.

I watched him on "Loose Women" today and feel as proud of him as though he were a son of mine, especially when he spoke about taking Betsy to nursery for her first day. What a lovely Dad!

Much as I want his career to go from strength to strength, I hope we get some more concerts as they are out of this world.

I was referring to his acting career of course.

I normally read the forum rather than write but I have to come out of lurkerdom to say thank you to every one who has written reviews. I need to keep reading to keep those amazing images fresh in my mind.
Like others that have written, this tour has been so special. I managed to get to 5 concerts, all were different, but for me I shall remember best the first and last.
Bournemouth - for that amazing confidence; Lee blasting onto the stage with Crazy Little Thing Called Love and pimping himself (his words!) for Kiss. For making me cry with Gethsemene and Bring Him home.

Then a fortnight later, walking into the Symphony Hall. It gave me goosebumps just being there so goodness knows how Lee must have felt, bouncing out. I felt privileged to be part of such an incredible afternoon and those memories will stay with me for such a long time.

It was so much fun to share experiences with my 2 partners in crime and a special thank you must go to the WJ ladies with whom we shared many a meal and a laugh.

Roll on Worthing!

Thank you Ladies for all the lovely reviews. It was indeed a wonderful tour capped by the Birmingham concert venue, Wow, what a venue and the accoustics were brilliant. Lee's face when he came out was a picture (he told me afterwards he was so excited that he was able to burst out of the doors at the back of the stage when he first came on). It was a very emotional evening for both Lee and us. He really is such a lovely guy, he must be absolutely wacked when he's finished his concert, but he still comes out and spends anything up to 1-45 mins. signing, chatting and having pictures taken with his fans and audience, not too many would do that.
Carol M - I didn't realise that you were the Carol, you learn something every day

GREAT reviews. I have been feeling a bit down after the high if Sunday, but the excitement contained in these and the sheer LOVE for Lee shining out from the posts has given me a lift . Thank you. Such a shame Lee never gets to read what an impact he has on us.