​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My family not liking lee

I just can't listen or talk about lee infront of my family because they can't stand him and I'm pulling my hair out I just don't know what to do any more. My mum and my daughter Lizzie likes him but everyone else like my 2 boys and hubby my cousin and her hubby always have ago at me I like lee alot and I wish him well for the future and I'm looking to seeing bedlam please help what can I do even if I don't talk about him someone has to bring lees name up and it all starts

Re: My family not liking lee

I keep my crush or passion for Lee a secret from OH as i know he would sneer at this, I just share the craziness with friends on the forum or others I occasionally speak or write too. It has become a lovely secret that I just hug to myself and revel in it when I have privacy.Hope this helps.

Don't worry about it Ann-marie, we always have the forum where we can talk about Lee with people who understand.
Sue, I love the way you describe your passion for Lee - 'a lovely secret that I hug to myself'.

Ann-Marie you are not on your own the only place I can really talk about Lee is on the forum my friends are not interested my family aren't and I have never been able to mention him to my son,I don't talk about him now to my friends I get the feeling I am boring them,and when my son comes to stay for a few days I move all Lee's photo's

My boys think I am nuts as well, my grandkids think it is hilarious, my O.H. does not mind as he knows that it is a "stress free" time for me in a life that has becomevery stressfull. I have a large calender and a a he has a share of my kitchen board. and if that bothers them tough !!!!!

There are a lot worse ways to "waste" your time on than our lovely Lee

Sorry to hear this, Anne-Marie. You're probably too nice to do what I do (because I'm a b**ch on wheels when I get dissed), but I start telling them how much they'll enjoy living in an orphanage or on the street. Then I start looking for a nice cardboard box for them to live in.

Funny, they apologize and shut up pretty quickly after that. Then I give them the speech about how we can all like different things and no matter how stupid their choices are, I'll still love them even though they're wrong and I'm right.

As a mum, you do so much for your family. If they don't appreciate you enough to respect your feelings, they don't deserve you. Go on strike, see how they like fending for themselves.

As for your other relatives, next time they tease you about Lee, just laugh and say, "I knew you were going to say that -- that's why I

- put EXTRA rat poison in your pudding!"
- posted your pre-nose job photos to your Facebook wall"
- sent your boss the naked photos of you with a sexy note."

I forgot to mention in my previous post I also have a large poster of Lee in his loincloth inside the door of one of my kitchen cupboards I don't move that as I am the only one who goes in, if you remember it was in the £10 pack on sale at Joseph it is gorgeous

Anne-Marie, you have every right to be a fan of Lee
or anyone else, don't let remarks from family or
friends upset you. I am a widow but if my husband
was here he would be pleased for me. My son takes
the mickey out of me because of my obsession but he
is pleased that it makes me happy.

Please don't get upset if they don't understand, I
expect they are interested in things that you are not,
it would be a boring life if we were all interested in
the same things.

I always mention what Lee's next major thing is to my brother and sister, just so they know that Lee is being a success. Otherwise I don't say much about him as they probably think I'm obsessed with Lee which I probably am.

My family don't like Lee either. OH went to Joe a couple of times in the early days but he's jealous of him now. Kids don't like his music but daughter met him twice and liked him at the time. I can't listen to my CD's at home if they are in so the MP3 and the car are a lifesaver.
I don't care though, nothing will change me and they do accept that. I've even 'come out' at work. I've stopped caring what people think. Everyone has something they like and mine is Lee!

I have given up worrying what my family and others think of my odsessions now I just tell them that if they delete any of my things off the tv planner they will die I think they have got the message now.

wow thanks for all your comments i should just let it go over the top of my head i mean i dont moan at them about the things they like and everyone has there own opinion i like who i like and thats final

Ann Marie, you have a lovely family from what I've seen. you're lucky. In my opinion, unless people are a Lee fan they just won't 'get' it. Leave them to it, carry on enjoying yourself. Where's the harm? x

I'm lucky because my OH really likes Lee but the rest of my family just don't get it.
Even my boss thinks it's strange for me to want a Lee calendar in the office. In fact he has blocked me from LMAS while I am at work

Just enjoy chatting to Lee friends on line whenever possible.