​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Worthing Concert

Louise has confirmed that she will be singing at Worthing, with Lee!

Re: Worthing Concert

Great news, thanks A Liz.

Brilliant
Thanks A/Liz.

I hope everyone going to the concert on Saturday has a fantastic time - I'm looking forward to the reviews!

And really hope the concert lives up to expectations for our Japanese friend, Chie

I woke up singing Pretty little thin called love this morning. I must admit i'm getting quite excited for tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy every minute as who knows how long it will be before we see him on stage again

Aaaagh. Don't mention it Jazzy. I have to say, I am not looking forward to Sunday. I think panic will set in......no tix left.
Still, think positive Tommorow Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Just a quick e-mail to say I enjoyed the concert but in places the band were so loud they almost drowned Lee out, which was frustrating at the end of Anthem and a very heart-rending edition of Gethsemene.

Lee did say that ALW took him out for a meal at the Ivy not that long ago and then he went back to the RUG offices and sang both the parts of Jesus and Judas for him. He put on an ALW type voice and said "You could play both Jesus and Judas" at this point he laughed, referring to the fact it would be difficult to do both at the same time.

Apparently ALW planned to bring JCS back to the West End with Lee starring as Jesus. He said it was all being organised when it suddenly went quiet and then next thing it was announced ALW was doing the show for ITV. So frustrating, it was obvious Lee really wanted the part.

Sure someone will give you a fuller account later.

Deanna, I must agree with you about the volume of some of the music, specifically the drums and brass, it did indeed spoil Gethsemane, and a couple of others such as Anthem and Fix You.

My friend and I wondered afterwards if our seat position didn't help, being near the front, possibly the drums and brass can be heard directly from the stage rather than (or as well as) through the sound system. Guitars, keyboard and so on are fairly quiet when not amplified and all their sound comes via the speakers, but the drums and brass are loud even when not miked. Maybe someone further back can comment - if any of us sat further back, we tend not to!

A great evening though, and although Lee didn't exactly say he was up for the Jesus role before ALW decided to go the ITV show route, he did say, when he heard about the ITV casting show he thought to himself 'Well that's me out of a job then'. So he decided to sing Gethsemane in his concerts instead.

That is frustrating. Though there was a recent interview with someone involved in the Broadway revival (I think previews have just started there) in which he said that ALW mentioned that he wants to bring JCS back to the WE. I suppose a lot will depend on how it does on Broadway and how the TV casting show/arena tour goes.

Incidentally, ALW said recently that he wants all his productions to be filmed (a la 'Love Never Dies'). Imagine a filmed performance of JCS with Lee! *THUD*

Thanks for the reviews!

About JCS, I think Lee met ALW about that show and sang for him not long after he finished in Joseph in early 2009. While promoting his last album at that time, Lee mentioned a possible future project with ALW and Baz Bamigboye also wrote in his Daily Mail column that Lee would next be appearing in a UK tour of JCS. Sadly those plans never progressed and now, 3 years later, we have the TV casting programme for an arena tour of JCS instead!

I didn't manage to get to the Worthing concert, which
I was really upset about, right up to the last minute
I was hoping to go but too many things got in the way.
I was checking twitter all night for news and thankfully there were some lovely tweets coming
through, but I'm hoping that once those who did go
recover from all their travelling and have the time,
we will start getting reviews coming through.

Thankyou

and me being greedy, perhaps some photos from the signing X

How about this for a 'professional' view from WOS, then - five stars for our man!!!

Review

Thanks for that link, ALiz!

Especially liked this:

". . . he powers his way through an eclectic set list that contains songs that are so incredibly diverse, most singers and actors wouldn’t even attempt them. "

Thanks A/Liz what a fantastic review I didn't have the good fortune to go but I felt I was there reading that,and everything so true what he said about Lee,does anyone know if any of his family were there?they would be so proud

Ooh, great review!

Thanks A Liz !

I love this bit:-

"...he disappears into an almost trance like state to deliver a committed and passionate performance that earns him the first standing ovation of the evening."

That's what's known as 'being in the Zone...the Joseph Zone...'

Unfortunately this bit:-

"...Lee Mead doesn’t just swim, he shows that he would be a great contender in the Olympic 100 metre freestyle!"

just conjours up images of Lee in speedos!*THUD*

Thanks Another Liz, fantastic review from the WOS
reviewer, he did tweet Lee after the show telling him to watch out for the review, and what a review.

johartuk
Ooh, great review!
Unfortunately this bit:-

"...Lee Mead doesn’t just swim, he shows that he would be a great contender in the Olympic 100 metre freestyle!"

just conjours up images of Lee in speedos!*THUD*

Well, he did win the swimsuit, I mean loincloth competition in ADWD, essentially!

Love the WoS review Thanks A Liz
I feel so blessed that I was able to be at the Worthing concert on Saturday.
Lee Just get better & better.
What's next??? Well whatever it is I am sure he will surprise us & will be amazing.

Yes, what a great review by WOS. Lee deserved it, he's worked his little socks off during the last few weeks, but then doesn't he always. Pity
they didn't do the review earlier in the Tour though, still better late than never.

Joan - Sorry we didn't see you (and the other Ladies) at the end. Looks like your 'newby' friend, (I managed a quick chat with her, she remembered me from Bournemouth! ) is now a Lee fan for life, good, one more in the fold

A wonderful review and following comments, so richly deserved too.
I agree Annie, Lee has worked so hard, and deserves every accolade for his fine, fine performances...
A true Star...
Thanks for the Link A/Liz...

Another rave review:

Review No.2

Our boy certainly 'made waves' in Worthing!!

Wow, thanks A/Liz, that's great

So good to see Lee getting these excellent reviews. Keep them coming I say...
Thanks A/Liz for the find...

I liked the bit in the second review about his "impressive dancing skills". I hope he sees that. I have to say, I found his moves quite impressive too!

Cassie...me too!!! .....LOL!

Thanks A/Liz for the links. Lovely to read such fabulous reviews. He certainly deserves every word of them.
Yes Cassie and Curly, his moves were VERY impressive during Kiss weren't they, almost took my attention away from his "impressive dancing skills"

I was concerned before the Worthing concert that it might feel like an anti-climax after the heights of Birmingham particularly in terms of the venue. I also thought that Lee might be more relaxed. On arrival I found the Assembly Hall to be much larger than I had imagined and while not grand like the Symphony Hall, it was quite full and buzzing with anticipation. On reflection, I think the main differences were the sound and the lights which seemed to have only 2 settings each: on maximum and off! LOL.

The stage was a big area with 2 levels. Where would Lee appear from this time? Suddenly, there he was coming through a door on the top level quite casually, as if walking into a room in a house. The difference was the greeting he received. Huge cheers raised the roof. He had swapped the suits around for this concert with the brown suit appearing in the first half with no tie. From the start he threw everything he had into his performance. I wasn’t sure at first about CLTCL as an opening number but now I prefer it as it is fun and gives him the chance to really perform and cause more excitement.
As I had thought, he was more relaxed and obviously out to enjoy every minute. The chats in between were often hilarious. I will try to mention a few gems but most were of the “you had to be there” variety!

The random rocking chair on the stage?!?! Even after the explanation I was still thinking “Whaaaat!!” Still it had its moment later in the concert.

Lee pretending to walk out down the side aisle after Louise introduced him as Lee Meeeead just to annoy him.

His mic pack falling off during a dance move leading to saucy comments about trouble with his pack falling out (and facial expression to match!) At that point the woman behind me shouted out “We wish”

Telling us about performing to a few people and a dog at Bridlington.
Informing us that Jesus had sung Gethsemene and then saying something like “ Well when I say Jesus sang it……..” At that point he really got the giggles.
My favourite has to be when he told us that unusually, he could see all our faces and “it’s horrible” Just so funny but as I said before, you had to be there really.

Highlights for me were Gethsemene which he put so much into, I thought he was going to collapse. It was quite something to experience. Also Kiss when he just went for it. The moves this time were (how can I put this ) slightly more abandoned than usual! LOL. (Getting slightly warm thinking about it!) Because of the suit change, he had the trousers…….....if you have been to other concerts, you can fill in the rest of that sentence.
When he came on for the second half looking a million dollars in the charcoal suit and tie I found myself saying “Oh Yum” Unfortunately it came out rather louder than I had anticipated. Hope he didn’t hear!
Later in the concert, Lee was beginning to feel the effects of the lights and at one point felt a bit faint. Everyone yelled “Sit down” The Rocking chair had come into its own.

I still feel that I have only skimmed the surface of what was a fabulous concert.The band add so much to the fun and Louise was excellent again. There was a lovely atmosphere and as ever I loved meeting up with so many others. It was particularly good to meet Chie who was sitting in the row behind. Waited afterwards for the signing (just Lee this time) However many times I do this I am never prepared for the moment when he looks up from under that fringe and stares right into your eyes. OMG. My legs felt wobbly and I think I managed to talk about how much I love Fix You. Could have been total gibberish though!
For the first time since about October 2009, I have no tickets to see Lee.

It doesn’t feel too good.

Thanks for all these lovely reviews. They mean so much to those of us who can't get to the concerts easily - or at all.

Lovely review Cassie, I can't add as I think you've captured it all. I agree the venue wasn't exactly Birmingham and the Lighting and Sound Engineers needed a few lessons , but, as you say, the concert itself was fabulous. The bit about Jesus singing Gethsemene was so funny, makes me laugh still. Lee so deserved the good reviews he received.
Hopefully, when Lee's had a well deserved rest, he'll announced something so we can start on a ticket buying frenzy again.
Think the reason for the 2 tier stage is because it's a very multi-tasking venue, I believe they have concerts, wrestling and tea dances!! (I live not too far away along the coast although I've never been inside the Hall before). It also houses a large Wurlitzer (no comments Ladies ) probably under the stage, can you imagine it if someone had pressed the wrong button, the Wurlitzer would have ....here I'm struggling to find the right words ... arisen... and we'd all have been 'Oh I do like to be beside the seaside'

Annie!! So funny. I can just picture it.

Thanks Cassie great review I know what you mean about the trousers I saw them at Liverpool 3rd row!!!

Can you imagine Lee's face if the Mighty Wurlitzer had suddenly surfaced?

Has anyone got any pic's from the signing would be so grateful with not being there

What a fantastic review Cassie, thanks very much. The Bridlington dog story was so funny. Did he say that when the people who made up the audience clapped, the dog went WOOF? I was laughing so much I can't remember the exact detail. I know a WOOF came into the story somewhere

Thank you Ladies for your reviews and the links to the so well deserved professional ones.

Loved yours Cassie, it was very funny when he said "it's horrible" and then mimed digging an ever deeper hole to climb out of, bless him

Let's hope it's not too long before those ticket files start to fill up again

Thanks for a lovely review Cassie, and also thanks for my photo with Lee...

There are some gorgeous photos posted on the Lovelees
site of Lee at the Worthing concert and also a lovely
review by the same lady, who is a Louise fan.

Thanks, Maggie! Some great photos and yet another glowing review.

Is there any chance they could be put on here I can never get into the Lovelees site,would be so pleased

Thought you might like a few pics. At last, my camera worked!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
href="http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/greenwoody56/?action=view¤t=W06.jpg" target="_blank"> Photobucket

WOW! WOW! WOW! Just look at those CURLS!...
"Ah! Cassie, those are just great shoes!"
Sorry Photos!...
Thank you for sharing them.

Thanks Cassie, lovely photos.

acer
Is there any chance they could be put on here I can never get into the Lovelees site,would be so pleased

Here are the links:

Review:
http://www.box.com/s/76cbf4e47655c067154a

Lovelees Love Tour thread:
http://www.lovelees.com/index.php?topic=2033.100;topicseen

Thanks, Cassie! Those are lovely!

Thanks Cassie and PKP for lovely pics,thanks ever so much