​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Love Songs C.D.

Has anyone any idea how this is doing? Never see anything about it in the main press.

Re: Love Songs C.D.

You beat me to it Maggie I was wondering the same thing,when you see all these singers coming on TV in the adverts with their albums I think why isn't Lee on

It was a self-released album, so I doubt he'd have the budget to spend on tv adverts.

The only place I saw a ranking for the CD was the first week, but outside of the top 100 in the album charts. Not sure how accurate it would be anyway, since a lot of the CDs were held back for selling at the tour venues. It's rare for a self-released album to chart, but it's neither here nor there. The point is that it's under his control and his copyright and after the overhead, the profits are all his. He doesn't have to rely on the label's accounting to get paid his share of sales and he doesn't have to listen to what they think he should do.

It's a brave new world for creator-owned work in the internet age, but lots of people across the entertainment/publishing/academic worlds are doing it successfully. I know it sounds incongruous, but Mr. Mead is quite cutting-edge.

Thank you punkinpuss for explaining it to a "novice" Ihope it does well for him as it is a beautiful C.D,

Thank you for that info - I was wondering why the CD is not being sold in any of the shops, at least not around here. What a pity - I am sure that there are lots of people who would buy it if they saw it on the shelves!...and they are really missing out!

If it is not sold in any shops, do they have to rely on selling it on the internet ?

There have been supplies of the CDs in shops but very limited and as new CDs come out every week, it gets more and more competitive for space. Internet and download sales have increased steadily for years now and that's a trend that's not likely to change.

And again, as an indie release, most shops would not stock it in quantity anyway (even if large quantities had been available and by the sounds of it, Lee's mgmt underestimated the initial run for the physical CDs being pressed).