​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A very sad day in Belgium ...

Today is a day of national mourning in Belgium for the 28 victims of the bus accident Tuesday night in the Swiss tunnel. 22 of the victims were 12 year old children returning from a ski holiday in Switzerland. 15 of these children and 2 adults are from Lommel, the town I work in... I live in the village right next to it. Since yesterday morning, it feels like the world stopped turning in Lommel, the atmosphere is so sad everywhere you go... No colleagues of mine are directly involved, but it is still very very hard ...

Re: A very sad day in Belgium ...

So sad about this, what a horrific tragedy. It's every parent's nightmare. I can't even imagine how horrible this must be for everyone there.

Sending lots of hugs, Marja.

It was on the lunchtime news (top story) here in the UK today. Very sad.

Such a dreadful thing to happen. You send your kids off on a fantastic trip like that, then the terrible news .... My heart goes out to all the parents and families of those children, and everyone else involved with or connected to them.

My heart goes out to the people of Belgium dealing with this terrible tragedy. Our thoughts are with you

Nothing can prepare people for something like this. I guess nearly everyone in the town of Lommel will know someone who is directly affected - I can't imagine what you must all be going through! Our thoughts are with you!

Love to you and anyone affected by this awful tragedy x

Such a terrible tragedy, the children were so young. My thoughts are with you all.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts, this means a lot to me. Next Wednesday will again be a very tough day for all the parents and families concerned, and for the Lommel community, as a joint ceremony will be held to say goodbye to all the children and the 2 adults...

What a sad sad thing for everyone to deal with. Its every parents nightmare isn't it. My son went on a ski trip last year by coach and you just have to put your trust in the drivers and prey that nothing goes wrong. I can not imagine how they must be feeling. And as I heard on a TV report, 'There are no words' So sad May they rest peacefully.

What an awful tragedy. My heart goes out to all the families. I can remember waving both mine off on skiing trips when they were at school. How terrible thinking of them not coming back.

As it is Mother's Day here today, I can't help thinking of all the mothers & families who lost their children in this terrible accident. Such a sad time.

I feel devastated for all the parents and families as we lost our daughter in a car crash in 1988. I get very upset for all the other parents whenever I learn that their children have been killed. I also send heartfelt sympathy to the families of those who have been severely injured - these families are so often forgotten.

Oh, Vicki, so sorry about your daughter.

Such a sad time for the families involved, and the people of Belgium...
My thoughts and prayers are with you...
Sorry about your daughter too Vicki

such a horrific tragedy. My heart goes out to all the families & rescue workers.
Nothing prepares you for something like this.