​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Voice

Did anyone see this? I thought it was good. No desperados or nutters at the auditions, just decent singers.

There was a WE performer who didn't get through. Though in fairness, her audition wasn't that good.

One of the auditionees sang 'Leave Right Now' (that song is synonymous with Lee in my mind now! ). We also had a clip of Sir Tom Jones singing 'Kiss' (another song that I now associate with Lee! ).

I'm liking the 'Blind Audition' format, where the judges sit with their backs to the auditionees.

Re: The Voice

Yes I enjoyed The Voice till I fell asleep just before the end.

johartuk

There was a WE performer who didn't get through. Though in fairness, her audition wasn't that good.

Was that Kerry Ellis? What did she sing?

No, it was Twinnie Lee Moore. She's currently in the WE production of 'Rock Of Ages'. She sang 'The Climb' (the Miley Cyrus song). She seemed to be quite nervous and lacking in confidence. I think it's like Lee says - performing as yourself is completely different to performing as a character.

Kerry was on the trailer for next week's show, so it looks like she'll be on then.

I enjoyed it; will be watching

Be aware, that the outcome of Kerry's audition is now all over the internet;
you might end up knowing anyway, even though you might not want to ....

Not only were Kiss and Leave Right Now sung but also "Drops of Jupiter", but not very well I might add. Don't think he went through. Enjoying programme so far.

Talking about the Voice my neice had an audition for it but did not go as she said it was not for her at the minute she had the time and everything and told them what she was going to sing Coldplays Fix You after Saturdays Start i thought she was right she said she needs more time to do things like that she is quite happy enjoying what she does at the moment singing for pleasure Luv Mazza x

A good episode tonight (according to his tweets, Lee was watching ).

I was typing comments (on Lovelees) while the show was on, so I'll copy/paste them here.

Audition ep 2

Heshima - Lively performance and nice tone to his voice, though I agree with what the judges said about him losing it a bit. Apparently, he was an X-Factor reject. Presumably, he didn't have a good enough sob story! Anyway, he got four judges to turn round here, so he's through!

Barbara - Ooh, a 'mature' contestant. Strong voice. Mature contestant says that she grew up listening to Sir Tom.

David - the 'Supermarket Shelf-Stacker' contestant. He's quit his job? Oops! Good performance.

Kerry - I'm finding it odd that someone with such a successful (and current) career is auditioning for this show. Still, at least they're not trying to pass her off as an admin assistant! She seems to be overcooking it a bit and while she's a good singer, the emotion isn't coming through.

Vince - He looks like Shayne Ward in Rock Of Ages...but with shorter hair! His voice doesn't match his look. Odd song choice! Interesting, but I wish he wouldn't keep jumping between octaves every few words!

Chantelle - "I'm not posh." Really? I'd never have guessed! OK, why is she singing a male aria? Something like O Mia Babbino Caro would have suited her better - a female aria that would have been comfortably in her vocal range. If she wants to be a classical singer, then she needs to go away and train.

Halleluja isn't a power ballad (watching the montage of audition clips)!

Vince Freeman - He looks like David Brent, the embarrasing boss in The Office. My Sex Is On Fire... Sung well, though.

Alex - I cringe when anyone describes themselves as a 'cheeky chappie'! No you aren't - you're an annoying git! OK voice. He looks like he's raided Lee's wardrobe!

Frances - The 'Working Class' contestant! Ooh, I like her voice.

Matt & Sue - So they're a couple then! I'd never have guessed! Interesting song choice.

Holly - the '16 year old who looks 26' contestant. What is she wearing? Did she travel to the audition venue dressed like that? Great voice! Very mature sounding...in a good way!

Denise - I remember Five Star - mum took us to see them in Blackpool when they were at their height. She's good.

David Faulkner - The 'Contestant Who's A Builder'! Good voice.

I've really enjoyed this week's show!

It's Week 3 of auditions (apparently, next week is the final audition ep).

Audition show 3

Joelle - Great voice!

Jay - Voice reminds me a bit of Will Young. A little pitchy in places.

Allyson - A bit shouty. I think she'd have been better singing a song that was more stripped back with less belt. She sounded a bit strained at times.

Leanne - Odd song choice. Picked up a bit when she got to the higher bit.

Cassius - Nice tone, reminds me a bit of Lemar from Fame Academy.

Denise - Interesting voice. Pity we didn't get to see her whole audition.

Murray - Is he really 47? Blimey! As with Denise, I'd like to have seen his whole audition.

Hannah - Good voice.

Chris - A bit pitchy in places.

Bill - Good voice. Needs to strengthen his falsetto, but otherwise, I like! Looks like he's going to have to postpone his wedding!

Kate - Another one who's a bit pitchy. She sounds like Diana Vickers. Ooops...I don't think it's the best idea to be telling seven million viewers that your mum thinks she's overweight!

Kirsten - Another that we needed to see more of.

Ruth - Blimey, she's a bit pitchy.

Alice - A nice tone to her voice and her Welsh lilt was in evidence. However, she seemed lacking in confidence.

Nathen - He's a rock singer. Really? I'd never have guessed! He looks like he should be in Rock Of Ages. Oooh, he's singing LOAP.

Tyler - Amy Winehouse's best friend. Interesting hair. Another one who's a bit pitchy. What's with that falsetto at the end? It was almost like "Perhaps they'll turn round if I raise my voice a couple of octaves"

Bo - Good voice. Similar sound to Kate but with more maturity.

Another good episode.

The fourth (and final) audition ep.

Emmy Jane - Interesting, but a bit pitchy in places and OTT with the vibrato.

Jenny - Good voice, but a bit generic.

Sophie - She's a fan of Danny. A bit shouty, but a distinctive voice. I think she's a bit excited :lol.

Ben - A WE professional. He won a WOS award. Operatic voice. Sounds a bit Shirley Bassey.

Indie & Pixie - A bit breathy to begin with, but stronger on the harmonies. Have a tendency to get a bit shouty as they up the volume.

Lindsey - Sounds a bit nervous. Nice tone, though. Another Lee connected song used (IDWTAI) ;D

Harriet - Breathy and a bit pitchy. Improving as the song progresses.

John James - Nice tone, slightly pitchy. Got better as the song progressed.

Ruth - Big voice. Strong.

Becky - Good voice. Nervous, but got into her stride.

Chloe - A bit shouty.

Daniel - Interesting voice. Slightly husky, which I like. A bit pitchy.

Jaz - As above. A good voice when he got going. Ooh, I'm liking his acapella Ordinary People!

Another good show. Looking forward to the Battles next week!

We love this show too. They have clearly avoided asking those who are really embarrassing. I was amazed when I saw Kerry Ellis, she already has Brian May as a mentor. I have her latest album. Can't think why she would wish to expose herself in this programme as it seemed to be more tuned to pop singers.

I've read that quite a few people with previous associations to Universal Music Group were "invited" to audition for the show. That might've been the case with Kerry.

Not from the UK show, but the US version of The Voice -- Erin Martin sings "Your Song" as her "last chance" number. Bloody flipping heck! How did she even get this far? Just about the worst singing I've ever heard.

http://youtu.be/lXANIWtHPTQ

That's...er...interesting! Does she sing every song like that?* I don't understand this curent craze among singers for sounding like a cat coughing up a hairball. I suppose it's replaced the craze for SHOUTING...which replaced the craze for wa-a-a-r-r-r-r-r-bli-i-i-i-i-i-ng!

It's all style over substance and detracts from the emotion of the song.

Compare and contrast with this heartfelt version by a certain curly haired young man.

LINKY THING

*I just youtubed another of her performances and it would appear that she does.

LINKY THING

Syncronised Loincloths!

The loincloths were the only good thing about that number!

This chick is pretty and she knows how to work the camera (she's a former model), but her attempts at quirky phrasing sound like she's trying to disguise being offkey. Nothing wrong with quirky voices AS LONG AS YOU CAN ACTUALLY SING. And she cannot.

Tonight is the first of the 'Battle' Shows.

TEAM WILL - Joelle V Jenny
I don't think there was much to choose between them, tbh. It did seem to be a bit of a belt-fest, with tuning being sacrificed in favour of volume.

WINNER = Joelle

TEAM DANNY - Max V Bill
Another one where it's pretty close. I think Max has the stronger presence and the bigger voice, but Bill's voice has a nice tone to it and fits in with the song well. I'm edging towards Max, though. He was the one who was bringing Bill out of his shell.

WINNER = Max

TEAM TOM - Sam V Andrea
I think Sam was hampered a bit by having to sing at the bottom end of his range, when his strength clearly lies at the upper end of it. Andrea has a huge voice but Sam, given the right song has the potential to be more interesting.

WINNER = Sam

TEAM JESSIE - Kirsten V Toni
Get into the words that you're singing' - wise words from Ana!
Another close one. Kirsten has the vocal acrobatics, but Toni has the earthiness and emotion.

WINNER = Toni

TEAM DANNY - Vince V Bo
I think this is a strong duet. It was interesting to see two such different voices pitched against each other.

WINNER = Bo

TEAM WILL - Heshima V Tyler
Heshima is The Voice's equivalent of Seamus! :lol I thought Tyler was going to be the one with an attitude problem, so I was surprised when it was Heshima kicked off. In the duet, I think Tyler was the better singer. He was able to adapt.

WINNER = TYLER

TEAM JESSIE - Vince V Jessica
Jessica seems a bit pitchy. Vince is able to pitch better, I think, and has a stronger voice.

WINNER = Vince

TEAM WILL - Jaz V Jay
A tough one, as both were good. Jay surprised me with how he pulled it out of the bag.

WINNER = Jaz

TEAM TOM - Denise V Ruth
Polished vs raw. I found Ruth a bit shouty and pitchy in places, whereas Denise was very polished. Ruth had passion, while Denise perhaps lacked that a bit.

WINNER = Ruth

A great show tonight. The Battle format is fascinating. I'd love to have seen it in ADWD! Though I'd have pitied the pour soul who ended up being put into Battle against Lee!

Thanks Jo I missed the last two I fell asleep!!!!

Tonight is the second of the 'Battle' Shows.

TEAM JESSIE - David V Cassius
I think David was the stronger one in this battle. He really put some passion into it.

WINNER = Cassius

TEAM TOM - Barbara V Leanne
A real close one, this. Both have great voices.

WINNER = Leanne

TEAM WILL - Frances V Kate
A bit shouty from both girls, but interesting voices.

WINNER = Frances

TEAM DANNY - Alex V Emmy
A bit pitchy from Alex at the beginning, but getting stronger as the song progressed. Emmy was strong throughout.

WINNER = Alex

TEAM JESSIE - Ruth-Ann V Ben
Ben was stronger, I think. Ruth was a bit pitchy.

WINNER = Ruth-Ann

TEAM TOM - Matt & Sueleen V Lindsey
This duet worked surprisingly well, though I couldn't help thinking that Matt and Lindsey would make a better vocal duo than Matt and Sueleen! :lol

WINNER = Matt & Suleen

TEAM DANNY - Hannah V Murray
Pretty evenly matched. A tough choice.

WINNER = Hannah

TEAM JESSIE - Becky V Indy & Pixie
I think Becky edged this one, but it was a close one.

WINNER = Becky

TEAM TOM - Adam V Denise
Another close one. I liked both voices, so I honestly don't know who I'd put through.

WINNER = Adam

TEAM WILL - J Marie V Sophie
Amateur V Professional (where have I heard that before? ) For me, J Marie was the stronger performer. Sophie was a bit shouty.

WINNER = Sophie

TEAM DANNY - David V John-James
Pretty evenly matched.

WINNER = David

I have to say, I was a bit confused by some of tonight's decisions. It seemed that the judges were ditching some strong performers in favour of weaker ones, because the weaker ones were 'raw'. Last night I agreed with pretty much all the decisions. Tonight I agreed with half of the decisions.

Next week is the first live show.

I have to confess I really don't like The Voice at the moment. I was really enthusiastic at the start, with the novel idea of the judges not seeing the contestants until they pressed their buzzers.

However, the last two 'knock out' programmes just seem to have been screeching matches, with very odd decisions by the judges. Several contestants seemed dreadfully out of tune too.

... and the "shocking" smiley is at myself, as I usually get hooked on this type of programme - X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, oh yes and some programme called ADWD a few years ago - and I probably will follow it through to the bitter end, just out of curiosity (even though I'll probably turn the volume down!), although at the moment I don't care who wins.

Thank you, ALiz! It's not just me, then - phew (I was getting worried). I am more radical in my treatment of The Voice though but then I dislike talent shows on the whole (except ADWD and the search for Maria).

I managed to watch, and quite enjoy Show No 2 of The Voice or possibly 3, can't remember. But ever since I've either switched it off after 5 or 10 minutes or not even turned it on at all. I only managed to get through the first of the duels or whatever they are called, totally disagreed with the judges decision, got fed up with Jessie's face pulling, the egocentricity of the judges, the tuning issues and decided to spend my time doing something else.

I quite enjoyed 'Smash' though. I should stick to Musical Theatre performers, I think.

I've recorded 'Smash', Asher, to watch when OH isn't around, as he hates that sort of stuff!

Thanks Asher and A/Liz I thought it was me getting old I couldn't stand it I turned it off,when I looked at the judges they were carried away!!! especially Jessie J

I enjoyed it (some odd decisions by the judges notwithstanding). I'm looking forward to the live shows (which start this coming Saturday). It's certainly different from 'X-Factor' and the contestants are a much higher standard. There were contestants on 'The Voice' who were giving 'X-Factor' winning performances in the auditions!

It's also interesting spotting the songs that were used in ADWD.

Oh dear...a couple of contestants have been moaning about the editing of the VTs on this weekend's shows.

Emmy's VT:-

LINKY THING

J Marie's VT:-

LINKY THING

Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with J Marie's VT. She came across OK and I liked her as a performer. Emmy, however, did seem to have a negative edit. That being said, she left herself wide open with her condescending attitude to Aleks. She reminded me of Seamus when he kept forgetting he was a contestant NOT a teacher!

Tonight is the first Live show, where the five contestants of two judges will be performing.

TEAM WILL

Joelle

Good singer but I found my mind wandering. Lots of strange hand gestures. At one point she appeared to be miming stabbing someone! Odd outfit - I think they've got the How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria? wardrobe people working for them.

Frances
A bit pitchy in places, but a good, confident performance.

Jazz
Effortless. Good, strong vocals and heart-felt delivery.

Sophie
Pitchy with breathing in some odd spots. A strong voice, though, if she can learn to control it.

Tyler
Like Jazz, he makes it look effortless. A strong falsetto voice.

TEAM TOM

Sam

Glad to see that Sam has been given a song that suits his voice. A bit of a shaky start, but got better as the song went on. Again some odd choreography. He didn't need to be stomping around and his vocals would probably have been less shaky if he'd been less stompy.

Adam
A confident performance. Amongst all the rockiness, you could hear the hint of a strong voice. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with a different type of song.

Leanne
A performance that started a bit tentitively, but improved as it progressed. I think Leanne is stronger when she can let rip. She struggles a bit in the quieter bits of the song.

Matt & Sueleen
Good performance. Nice harmonies.

Ruth
A good voice, but she needs to learn to control it more. Once again the HDYSAPLM wardrobe people have been in action...her dress looks like it was made of a pair of curtains a la Maria Von Trapp, and why on earth dress a big girl in a skirt that sticks out?

A good show and the standard is much higher than X-Factor.

My top 3 were Fances, Jaz and Ruth

Thanks Jo I was thinking exactly the same about Ruth's dress,must say I enjoyed it more tonight than last week

First Results Show.

The bottom two in each team are:-

TEAM TOM
Sam
Matt & Sueleen

TEAM WILL
Joelle
Sophie

So far, so predictable, though I'd probably have put Joelle through rather than Frances.

Guest Performer - Lana Del Ray. Hmm, lots of random mumbling. Zoe Tyler would have a fit!

Tom chooses which of his acts to save....Matt & Sueleen

Will chooses which of his acts to save....Joelle

I agree with Will's decision, but I thought Tom's seemed a bit odd. I'd have saved Sam.

I have to say, I find it odd that the judges choose without a sing-off. It seemed a bit abrupt. Also, when Tom was choosing, he reminded me of ALW with a perm!

Tonight is the second Live show, where the five contestants of two judges will be performing.

TEAM JESSIE

Toni

Confident performance, but a bit screechy in places. She needs to work on her diction.

Ruth-Ann
Nervous and pitchy.

Vince
Good, strong performance but I wish he wouldn't keep jumping between octaves every other line - it's very distracting. As is the outfit - he appears to be wearing an oil stained vest and Jimmy Saville's jewellary collection!

Cassius
A bit pitchy in places. He also sounds like he's singing "pepper, pepper, paradise..."! Needs to sort out his diction. Another one who has been sabotaged by the wardrobe dept. A hoodie with elbow patches?

Becky
A good performance. Husky voice, sassy stage presence.

TEAM DANNY

Max

Good performance. Stripped back, simple and heart-felt.

Hannah
A bit angry in her delivery of the 'classic' version of Cry Me A River. She looked like she wanted to slap someone! A bit shouty throughout the song. I was a bit distracted by those dancers lying around her on the floor. Very strange!

Aleks
A laid-back and surprisingly confident performance. Nice tone to his voice with a hint of Meady sibilance.

David
Good performance. Meady hair. I was trying to work out what the song lyrics had to do with umbrellas and rain, though. Perhaps he was originally going to sing Umbrella by Rhianna and the props bods decorated the stage accordingly!

Bo
I like her voice and the song choice fitted it perfectly.

Second Results Show.

The bottom two in each team are:-

TEAM JESSIE
Toni
Ruth-Ann

TEAM DANNY
Max
Hannah

Group song from Team Tom - Why, oh why, do they keep dressing Ruth in tight dresses with 'sticky out' bits? The dress she's wearing in the group song makes her look like an over-stuffed cushion!

Guest Performer - Emile Sande. A bit shouty, but I like her voice.

Jessie chooses which of his acts to save....Toni

Danny chooses which of his acts to save....Max

I agree with both decisions.

I have to say, I wish they had a sing-off and farewell song like they did in the casting shows. The ADWD farewell was priceless!

Next week, it's a double elimination for Team Tom and Team Will!

Oh dear...one of this week's eliminees is blaming the editing/engaged phonelines/whatever else for her being in the bottom two when it came to votes.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s154/the-voice-uk/news/a380358/the-voice-uk-ruth-ann-st-luce-criticises-poor-editing.html

She was clearly the weakest performer on the night....out of both groups. Therefore, she deserved to be in the bottom two of her group. As for the phonelines, someone needs to explain to Ruth-Ann how they work! It's not until you get through that your vote is registered for a certain contestant. Up to that point, everyone is ringing the same number! Hence the difficulty in getting through, sometimes!

Blimey, there was none of this gobbing off from the BBC Casting Show contestants! I suspect twitter has played a large part. Once, they grumbled in private, but now booted off contestants can air their grievences against the show in public, thanks to twitter and other social networking sites/forums! Imagine what Seamus would have done if he'd had access to twitter!

Tonight is the third Live show and it's back to Team Tom and Team Will.

TEAM TOM

Leanne
A strong start to the evening, though it did get a bit shouty towards the end. It's supposed to be a sultry song, not a belty one.

Matt & Sueleen
A bit pitchy in places. Matt is definitely the stronger singer of the two.

Ruth
A bit pitchy (what is it with everyone being pitchy tonight) and shouty. She needs to learn how to use her voice, because she has the raw talent.

Adam
A stripped back vocal. Relaxed and effortless. Reminds me of Max from Team Danny.

TEAM WILL

Frances

A bit pitchy in places. That skirt makes her look like one of those ballet dancer dolls in a music box!

Joelle
Pitchy and shouty. I think she'd have done better with her first song choice (which Will told her he didn't like).

Jazz
Seemed to struggle on the quieter bits of the song, but was much better on the belty bits.

Tyler
A bit nervous at first, but then hit his stride. Tyler has real charisma and knows how to use his voice.

GROUP SONG - TEAM TOM
Strong vocal from Tom which brought out the best in his team.

GROUP SONG - TEAM WILL
Good performance from all the team. I think Will borrowed Fiyero's breeches!

I thought Leanne was shouty I turned the sound down,why do so many singers shout? or is it me?? getting old!!

I must be getting old as well, then, because I thought there was a lot of shoutyness on last night's ep. I think one of the problems is that many of the singers aren't trained to 'belt' (i.e. sing loudly in a controlled way). Also, some of the song choices seem to lend themselves to shouting...unfortunately.

Results Show. Tonight, it's a double elimination for Team Tom and Team Will!

Group song from Team Jessie.

The two going through in each team are:-

TEAM TOM
Ruth (automatic)
Leanne(saved by Tom)

Guest Performer - Scissor Sisters. Great stuff, though the psychadelic horses on the video screen behind them reminded me of My Lovely Horse from Father Ted !

A 'Hard Work' VT in the style of the one they did on ADWD.

Group song from Team Danny.

TEAM WILL
Jaz (automatic)
Tyler (saved by Will)

I agree with both decisions, though I might have substituted Adam for Ruth.

It seems odd that they revealed who got the most votes. It might have been better for the top two in the public vote to be put through. That way, we wouldn't have known which of the two topped the vote.

Next week, it's a double elimination for Team Jessie and Team Danny!

Tonight is the fourth Live show and it's back to Team Danny and Team Jessie .

GROUP SONG - TEAM JESSIE
Vocals suffered a bit at the beginning when they were walking to the stage, but improved once they were there. An enjoyable performance.

TEAM DANNY

Max

Took a risk and it paid off. Could have done without the rap though.

Bo
Breathy in places but a confident performance.

Aleks
A laid back but confident performance. He's cultivating Meady hair!

David
Like this. Another confident performance, though just struggles a little bit on the high notes. Another one who's cultivating Meady hair!

TEAM JESSIE

Cassius

Good vocal, but a bit generic.

Vince
Fun performance. Decent vocal and he worked the audience. He likes his vests.

Becky
Some jittery moments. Missed a few words at the beginning (she obviously hasn't perfected the art of covering lyric flubs Meady style!) and pitchy in places. I like her voice, but she needs to calm down a bit.

Toni
A good singer but I wish she'd cut back a bit on the warbling. The song was lovely until she started with the vocal acrobatics.

GROUP SONG - TEAM DANNY
Interesting. Strongest performers were David and Bo.

Results Show. Tonight, it's a double elimination for Team Danny and Team Jessie!

Group song from Team Tom (Leanne & Ruth). A bit pitchy from both girls.

The two going through in each team are:-

TEAM JESSIE
Vince(automatic)
Becky(saved by Jessie)

Guest Performer - Paloma Faith. Good performance.

A 'Wacky Judges' VT.

Group song from Team Will (Tyler and Jaz). Great stuff!

TEAM DANNY
Bo (automatic)
Max (saved by Danny)

I agree with both decisions.

Next week, it's the semi-final! Oooh, public vote only!

Tonight is the Semi-final and all four teams are competing.

TEAM TOM

Ruth

Pitchy in places and ended up as a shout-fest. Diction still awful. What on earth was that "I love you daddy" bit at the end about? Oh God, she's crying now!

Leanne
Good, strong vocal.

TEAM JESSIE

Vince
Enjoyed that. Good performance. To use a TV talent show cliche, he 'made it his own'. 'Vest Watch' - this week, he appears to be wearing an ADWD black vest!

Becky
Nice performance. She has a good voice, but has been a bit OTT in previous weeks. Good to see a more restrained performance.

TEAM DANNY

Max

A good performance, but it's a song with a creepy undertone and this performance lacks that. I'd love to see what Lee could do with the song.

Bo
Strong, confident performance.

TEAM WILL

Jaz
Good performance. Slightly pitchy in places.

Tyler
Bohemian Rhapsody in two mins - blimey! He did well, though.

Guest Performer - Cheryl Cole
She's apparently just 'Cheryl' now. But she's still all style over substance. It's ironic that she's on a show called The Voice.

Results Show. Tonight, it's a quadruple elimination as each team loses one member!

Group song from the semi-finalists.

The Finalists are:-

TEAM DANNY
Bo

TEAM JESSIE
Vince

TEAM TOM
Leanne

Guest Performer - Kylie Minogue

TEAM WILL
Tyler

I agree with those choices. It looks like being a good Final next week.

Oooh, an advert for The Voice Series 2 auditions! Blimey, Series 1 doesn't finish until next week!

ight it's the final of The Voice (I'm getting ADWD Deja Vu)!

Bo
OK performance. A bit rushed. This sounded like the Prince arrangement, but it would have suited her voice better if she'd sung the Sinead O'Conner arrangement.

Leanne
Good performance, but could have done without the random vocal acrobatics.

Tyler
Interesting use of falsetto. Would have liked to have heard more of his normal voice, which is nice.

Vince
Again, too much of the vocal acrobatics, but a good performance.

Contestant/Judge Duets

BO & DANNY
Good performance, great chemistry.

LEANNE & TOM
Good performance.

TYLER & WILL
Not overly keen on the song, but a fun performance.

VINCE & JESSIE
Seemed a bit unbalanced and Vince was a bit pitchy.

Guest Performer - Ed Sheeran. Sweet song, performed with feeling.

The Phone Lines Have Now Been FROZEN!

The contestant in Fourth Place is VINCE

Performances Of The Final Three

BO
Good performance. Confident and nice tone to her voice

LEANNE
Good performance. Strong vocal, but does have a tendancy to shout a bit.

TYLER
Good performance. Nervous at first, but hit his stride.

Guest Performer - Maroon 5.

Ooh - The Phone Lines Are Now CLOSED!

Coaches' Group Song. Good fun! Tom and Jessie have strong voices!

The Winner Is.................................................LEANNE!!!

Lee will be pleased - judging by his tweets today, he was a fan! Ooh, turns out he worked with her at Potters!

Oh...I thought Leanne would sing us out. That's a bit of an anti-climax.

Blimey, there's a Voice book - now why didn't they have one of those for ADWD?

I'm playing catch up here.

Thought Tyler would have gone out first. Did well with 'Higher Love' though.

Thought the final would be between Leanne and Bo.

I did think Bo would win it, as she seemed to have 'the Look' (OK, wrong name, I know it's the Voice!) although I always thought Leanne had the best voice (before I knew Lee supported her), so delighted she won.

However, in recent 'talent' comps, the runners up seem to have done better than the winners, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I can see Leanne on stage as Mrs Johnstone in Blood Brothers .....

I think Leanne was a worthy winner. I think Bo and Tyler will probably be more successful as recording artists, but I can see Leanne doing well in the West End.

Yes, I could imagine her as Mrs Johnstone. There's a vid on youtube of her singing 'Defying Gravity' from 'Wicked', which is fab.

Lee seemed to be very proud, judging by his tweets (and one point, he was encouraging people to vote for her ! ). Apparently, they sang together at Potters! I wonder if there are any vids of their duets?

A newspaper article about Leanne's win, with a brief mention of Lee:-

LINKY THING

Lee, Leanne and Kerry Ellis - Potters employed some seriously talented people!

Thanks Jo very interesting,I have often been tempted to go to Potters my daughter in laws Mum lives in Gt Yarmouth and she is always saying why don't you have a holiday there,I should have gone a few years ago when a guy with curly hair was there

I learnt to swim at Potters....but sadly long before Lee was even a twinkle in Steve's eye. (Useless fact to share I know)

Not useless at all anything connected to Lee is interesting even in a roundabout way he did eventually go to Potters