​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELLO SPRING 2012

Did you remember to put your clocks forward last night? Get out and enjoy the sun and flowers those who can move! Let them eat salads or sandwiches for once. Forget where you parked the hoover. Have a little dance to some tasty music.

Re: HELLO SPRING 2012

Thanks for the message Sue. I have visitors for lunch today so will not be seeing much of the sun today, only the inside of the oven, did spend a nice long time out in the sun yesterday though

Thanks for the reminder Sue...

Note to myself - must cut down on the number of clocks and watches to alter in the house, before the Autumn this year.

I am slightly worried that when the fine weather breaks it will rain forever more and we will then realise this was our summer!

Wonder what the weather will be like for the Games later on.They will never choose us again if it pours all the time.

Sue Reynolds
I am slightly worried that when the fine weather breaks it will rain forever more and we will then realise this was our summer!

Wonder what the weather will be like for the Games later on.They will never choose us again if it pours all the time.

I am lucky enough to have been selected to be one of the 55,000 "Games Makers" (I posted on here previously that I had an interview on Lee's birthday and it was a successful outcome) and part of our uniform is an umbrella!! Only in England!!

Good luck TLLL, hope you enjoy and that you won't need the too often.

Sue, I don't think we need worry too much about whether we are awarded the Games again if it rains all the time - the last time London held them was in 1948 - 64 years ago. That will make them due again in 2076!

TLLL, should be a great experience for you. Do you get to keep the brolly?

I can't believe I'm sitting at work in summer clothes today. BRING IT ON!!!

Hi A Liz,yes we get to keep all our uniform which includes a cap, water bottle and bag. Also the brolly cover has "just in case" on it!
I'm really looking forward to it. Will be working in transport, driving "clients" around and to be based at Excel in Docklands.