​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What's On Stage Interview

With thanks to Ro for finding it, here's a 'What's On Stage' interview with Lee:-

LINKY THING

I love his response to the comment about the other boys knowing he was going to win two weeks into ADWD.

"I wish I had known at the time! That would have saved a lot of stress."

Re: What's On Stage Interview

Thanks, Jo! Very good interview! I hope there are many more acting jobs on the horizon for him.

Thanks Jo that is beautiful I had tears in my eyes at the end of it, he loves them so much

On the one hand - fabulous interview.

On the other - NO-O-O-O-O! Looks like a big drought ahead ......

You are so right AL. Trying to be positive about his choice to do more acting and less singing BUT

I've just had a thought....I wonder where this leaves the concerts in the East that he mentioned for the autumn. I wonder if the recent Love Tour figures have impacted on that too, would be sad if that was the case.

I am looking forward to seeing him on the screen but he's obviously not filming anything at the moment which means that apart from Bedlam, its going to be a long wait.

From the interview, I took it that it is largely for family/personal reasons that Lee has decided not to tour for a while. That and his decision to concentrate on acting for the moment!

I don't know if this means that he won't be going back to Japan this year either, but I would imagine that it would be the figures for his Japan concert tour last December, if any, that would influence these plans. And, by all accounts, the Japan tour was very successful.

OK, positive hat on. Kilworth wasn't a tour.

Positive thoughts. Positive thoughts.
As he said many times on tour "I have nappies to buy"
He seems to love doing the concerts so much. I feel sure he will do some "one offs" in the next few months.
Also, he may have something stupendous lined up that he can't announce yet. We all know how good he is a that. This time last year we thought we would be flying back from Dublin all down in the dumps, as nothing was on the cards. Then Legally Blonde popped up and a summer of Emmet Forest beckoned and we became very up close and personal with the perfume of the rubbish bins at the back of the Coal Hole Pub in the Strand

Excellent interview but I can't believe there will be no concerts Not even a Christmas one? although that is months away.

Aw Sue, he is so good at putting up 'smoke screens' when he is unable to tell us things. As you have said 'Positive Thoughts'. Let's hope in a few week's time, we will all be jumping for joy

I really hope he has another Barbican concert at Xmas it was fantastic

I also noticed that the interview was just before his final concert, so maybe he was just drained from the rest of the tour and thought 'oh no and I've got another one to go!', so he wasn't too enthusiastic about a future tour. It's all speculation, anyway, and even though the times when there are no Lee treats to plan are sad, it makes the next annoucement all the more exciting!

Positive thoughts ladies!

SueC, I'll never forget the Coal Hole!