​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Now Magazine - My Perfect Night In (Lee)

With thanks to LeeMeadFans on Twitter for the heads up, a nice little page in this week's Now Magazine (with Danni Minogue on the front), entitled "My Perfect Night In - with Lee Mead". Just snippets with pics to illustrate.

Denise and Betsy

"I love being at home with my wife Denise (Van Outen) and our 23-month-old daughter Betsy. We live in a 200-year-old farmhouse but oddly enough, despite being so old, it isn't spooky at all. Yet my last home - a modern London flat - had a creepy feel and at night I saw shining orbs in the bedroom."

I'm trying so hard to resist a facetious remark here!

MasterChef

"Hate to admit it, but I love tuning in to Gregg Wallace and John Torode on MasterChef. If I wasn't in showbusiness, I think I'd have liked to go into catering."

80s Hits

I don't go out much now, so I'd call my mate Charlie who runs Maggie's Club in Chelsea and get him to bring the party to mine. His club has an 80s theme with 80s music - there are glitter balls and pics of Wham! and Culture Club on the wall. There's also a lot of leg warmer action going on. It's brill!"

A Nice Glass of Red

"I'd continue the 80s theme of my night making cocktails like Moscow Mules and Singapore Slings, but personally I'd prefer to stick to red wine - I do like relaxing with a drop of Merlot."

There is also a recipe for Lee's Shepherd's Pie, but I won't bother to quote it here. However, Lee does say:

"This is one of my favourite meals. When I lived at home, my dad always used to make it, but he added baked beans, which I wasn't keen on. I prefer my shepherd's pie with peas, onions and carrots. It's a great dinner for kids, too - Betsy absolutely loves it."

Re: Now Magazine - My Perfect Night In (Lee)

Another Liz

"Yet my last home - a modern London flat - had a creepy feel and at night I saw shining orbs in the bedroom."

I'm trying so hard to resist a facetious remark here!

LOL, I can't resist!

Denise, is that you?

Thanks, ALiz!

Thanks A/Liz I will buy it tomorrow,PKP "ooh you are awful"

Denise?.....

I was thinking a bit closer to home....

Thanks A/Liz!

A modern flat with a spooky feel to it? Sounds like an episode of 'Bedlam'!

Thanks A/Liz and LeeMeadFans

PKP...

I like the sound of Lee's shepherd's pie recipe - not sure about his Dad's 'baked bean' version though!!!...

The article is on the timeline (thanks Ro!):-

LINKY THING

I love that pic of Lee. I wonder when it was taken?

Thanks, Johartuk!

I think that's a pic from the Priscilla opening or press night.

I think you are right about pic being from Priscilla just looked at video and he had the coat on with epaulettes which he has on in the mag

You have to wonder how many hundreds (or even thousands) of Lee pics are lying in the archives gathering dust somewhere, that will never see the light of day (and Lee pics are just a drop in the ocean compared with some celebs).

I'd happily take them off someone's hands!!!

Or all the footage of him from Joseph School that was never show. I would have loved to see some more of that.

Oh yes! I'd love to see the whole of his performance of 'Don't Go Changing' (we only saw about 10 seconds). Also the part where all the would-be Joes had to perform a song in front of the judges, ALW and Jason Donovan - I'd love to know what song Lee sang. Then there was the concert at ALW's castle. I'd love to see the whole of that! I'd also love to know the results of the concert audience poll (they all had voting slips, which they put into a ballot box at the end of the concert). Did the 12 boys who made the live shows do well in the poll? Who came top?

There was also a Mission that was never aired - it was the one where the four semi-finalists were individually locked in a cell for three hours, then they had to sing CED to ALW!

Another one I've remembered - in the Acting Mission, we saw Ben saying something mean to Lee as part of an acting excercise, but we never saw what Lee said to Ben!

And another! Lee's auditions. I want to see them in full! At the call-backs, all the auditionees had to sing CED and a song of their choice. We saw a snippet of Lee singing 'When You Say Nothing At All' and that was it!

Finally, I'd LOVE to see the voting figures! How many weeks was Lee top? Was he ever anywhere near the bottom two? Was he in the lead when the lines were frozen in the final? Did he win by a huge margin or a narrow one?

Agreed, Joh! Clearly we need a mole at the BBC to infiltrate those archives.

Agree with everything you said Johartuk; we just cannot get enough Lee and we could do with those gaps filled in!

Just caught up with this thread. Thanks A/Liz.
Oh yes Jo, wouldn't it be fantastic to see all that. Plus any "Out Takes" Can just imagine Lee collapsing in giggles at regular intervals, which was then "Cut"

Me too I would love to see it all again I only recorded semi-final and final as when it first came on I didn't know I was going to fall in love with Lee!!! I would love to see the loincloth episode again

SueC
Just caught up with this thread. Thanks A/Liz.
Oh yes Jo, wouldn't it be fantastic to see all that. Plus any "Out Takes" Can just imagine Lee collapsing in giggles at regular intervals, which was then "Cut"

That reminds me of the clip of Daniel and Lee in rehearsal where they kept giggling...and the one where they messed up in dance rehearsal. I can't find them at the moment, but they were fab!

I tried to find that ages ago on the video's ADWD but it has been taken off, I would like to see it