​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Olivier Awards

Lee tweeted that he will be watching the Olivier Awards. I'm surprised he is watching it rather than in it. I cannot believe Lee has not received a nomination. He deserves an award.

Re: The Olivier Awards

I hope Lee will be nominated for an Olivier Award one day but he wasn't eligible for any awards this year. During 2011, Lee appeared in Wicked and Legally Blonde which don't qualify for consideration because only shows (and performers in those shows) which opened during the last year are eligible for nomination. The only exception (I think) to this rule is the Olivier's Audience Award which is voted for by the public and can include long-running shows - Les Miserables won this year.

Re: The Olivier Awards

There was an open air part of this staged in Covent Garden that was being hosted by Neil Fox and Louise Dearman who also sang. There were performances by the casts of the shows nominated for the Radio 2 listeners award (I think that's what it was called) so there was Rachel from wicked, Les miserables, jersey boys and Billy Elliott. I couldn't stay to watch it all but it seemed as though it was going to be a good evening. Also saw red carpet being laid outside royal opera house.