​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ebay seller warning

Warning sounds rather servere but I wanted to let you know about something that happened with an ebay seller recently.

The seller is listed as 'promoteyourevent' and is selling posters from Lee's Christmas Barbican concert.

I ordered one a couple of months back having not been able to get one at the show and when it came it was a smaller A3 sized version of the Love tour poster from Cardiff. I had no response to any of my messages so I took it up with ebay customer support team and I have finally been given my money back.

This seller has several negative comments and at least two of them are referring to the poster either being wrong or not arriving at all.

If you are tempted, don't be, you might get caught like I did.

Re: Ebay seller warning

Too late, Jazzy, exactly the same happened to me. Same seller, same advertised Christmas poster which never arrived, and same Cardiff poster which did.

I contacted him about it, thinking it was an innocent mistake (but unfortunately mentioned that I was a Lee fan and therefore wasn't too upset by the Cardiff poster), and therefore he might like to change it to avoid confusion in the future. Needless to say, I had no response either, but felt I couldn't claim my money back as I'd admitting to being reasonably happy with the Cardiff one.

I was probably one of the people who left negative feedback!

He's still advertising the Barbican one, but there's no way I'm going to bid for it again!

Oh dear A/Liz, that's not good! I wish there was a way of reporting him as he still has several advertised on there.
I escalated the case and after about 3 weeks Ebay ruled in my favour and credited the money back. I don't know if it was taken from the sellers paypal account. I haven't left feedback. I suppose I should but he could maliciously do the same to me which I wouldn't like. I think i'll just ignore it and be happy that i'm not out of pocket.

Jazzylou - sellers on ebay cant leave negative feedback for buyers (though might leave a neg comment) - all they can do is report you as a non payer but if you have paid they can do nothing. If he gets 3 strikes against him ebay should kick him off

Thanks Shirley. I'll sort that then.

I hope my comment wasn't confusing Jazzylou. Sellers can only leave the green positive symbol (there is no link for red/neutral) but against the green symbol they could put a nasty comment - this wouldn't however count against your own score.

No that's fine, I did understand thank you. I haven't done it yet, but I will. I have 100% so I didn't want anyone to change that but i'm glad I can show my feelings without any come back.