Comment
Twitter Search

Is anyone else having trouble with twitter search,
when I click onto it I just get a blank page, no
tweets come up. It has been like that since yesterday
evening.

Thanks.

Re: Twitter Search

Yes, it's driving me up the wall. I just get the little whirling circle, but nothing loads up - and I am on Twitter. Grrrrr.

Just think of all the Lee stuff we might be missing!!!

Seems fine for me (sorry) There is not much going on today.

It is ok for me not missing much Lee has only tweeted once since his night out with Denise, and that was just about work and a charity phone call

I can read Lee's tweets OK, it's the tweets to him and about him I can't see - or about anyone else, not just him. Also can't read the trending topics either, just getting the same whirly thing.

Thanks for replying ladies, I am now in Exeter and in the apple store on
their computer and twitter search is working, so hopefully it is now
back to normal. When I couldn't get it I thought they had changed the rules
and you had to be registered with twitter. I do miss twitter and twitter search
when it goes wrong. What would we do without it now, I can't believe I am
such an addict.

I'm getting really frustrated with twitter search now,
it worked perfectly this afternoon when I went on
the apple store computer but I have just gone on
my laptop and it's not working. Please can anyone
let me know if they are still having trouble as I am concerned it may be my laptop.

Thanks again.

Hi MaggieMay - Twitter's working OK for me. Does it depend on the Browser you're using? Perhaps it's just a blip. Hope it's not your laptop, otherwise expensive.

maggiemay it is working ok for me.

Hi ladies, I can get twitter but not twitter search.
When I click onto twitter search I just get this
sort of wheel going around but no tweets loading
on the page. Also there is a small wheel sign in the
right hand corner I have not noticed before.

maggiemay what do you usually get when you go in twitter search I have never done that

acer when you go into twitter search you type Lee's
twitter name or the twitter name of the person you
are interested in and the tweets that have been sent
to that person come up on the page, that is what
is not working for me at the moment.

Thanks maggie that sounds interesting will try that

maggie I just tried it I put sam_mann in and got her tweets, is it still not working for you?

Maggiemay, it's not your computer. I've tried my laptop at home and the PC at work and I still can't get the 'search' to work. So frustrating!!!

ETA: Ah! Just tried it through Firefox, not Explorer, and it works.

Right - I have some serious catching up to do!

Thanks Another Liz, it's a relief to hear it's not
my laptop. I agree with you it really is frustrating,
lucky I am on my own as there have been a few choice
swear words coming out of my mouth.

Sorry Another Liz, when you say you've changed from
Explorer to Firefox what did you do, I am completely
in the dark about this.

Hmm, Maggiemay. I'm a techie dimwit, so not sure how to describe it to you. OH downloaded it for me. Apparently it's a 'web browser', like Internet Explorer. Google it, then you can download it (it's free), then use it to look for things like you do now.
You don't lose Internet Explorer or whatever browser you use now - I keep it as a standby, just in case. I forgot about it until Annie suggested it just now.

Another Liz, thanks for the info on Firefox, I started
the process but a warning notice came up saying this
could harm your computer so I chickened out. Any advice on this please?

Hi maggiemay - I'm not a whizz kid on computers either and hesitate to suggest something that will damage your computer, but Firefox is a well known browser so I would have thought it was OK. I used to be on Explorer, but when they changed to Version 9, I moved to Goggle Chrome, as I didn't like that particular version. I use Goggle Chrome now as my browser, try downloading it (for free), you'll find the layout different to IE, but you do get used to it. Good luck, I know how frustrating computers are when they won't do something you want them to do. Perhaps one of the real techie Ladies will come on the site later (when they've done their Saturday shopping ).

Thanks AnnieB, all advice most welcome. When it comes
to computers I become afraid of my own shadow, so scared I will muck it all up.

Not on your own maggiemay

Is anyone having trouble getting Lee's tweets? I can get DVO's but not Lee

No - just clicked onto Lee's twitter page and it came up fine. His last tweet was about Betsy's birthday party. Bless!

I can get twitter ok but still can't get twitter
search.

Thanks ladies just tried again got it ok,(our little Betsy's party ah bless) DVO said she would put a pic of cake on twitter but she hasn't done it yet

Maggie just letting you I have had the same problem and its definitely the browser. If you have Windows 7 and use Internet Explorer 8 just upgrade to 9. If you have Vista download either Google Chrome or Mozilla but uncheck the box that says make it my default browser and you will just get an incon you can use when you want to go on twitter. I had to do both since my computers have different operating systems. Vista would not upgrade to IE9. Hope this helps you.

Thanks Graziellla, I will let my son sort out what you have told me, I know it's silly but I am afraid if
I try to do it myself I will muck something up.
Computers scare me a little as they are a bit of an
unknown quantity to me.

maggiemay

On my work PC (I know! Tweeting at work! ) downloading another browser isn't an option, so I'm stuck with IE.
Firefox is OK on home laptop though.

Your work pc has probably been updated to "9" already but there should be no problem there of updating it since it is the one you already use. And they claim it is safer so it would be a good thing.

You don't know my work, Graziellla! I think I have the only PC in existence that still has floppy disks!!

Oh NO. The Stoneage.

FYI Twitter went back to normal for me tonight with the old browser.

Mine's working again now!

Ironically, I contacted Twitter, who confirmed it was the browser. However, as soon as I received their reply, the search facility began to work again, without me doing a thing!

Thanks ladies, mine is working ok now.