​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
West End Men Concert

Lee is doing a concert with two other 'West End Men' and Kerry Ellis!

LINKY THING

Re: West End Men Concert

Wow! Thanks for info johartuk

Flippin' eck, he does spring these things on us, doesn't he?

Tickets already on sale, too .............

Does anybody know any more about this?

I know! That came a bit out of the blue; bit of a scramble to get organized! I'm hoping that it's not just a one-off if they were having a photo session for it today. I wonder who the 3rd guy will be? I know he's met with Keith, but is Keith, strictly speaking, a West End man? Not that I would mind seeing him again, its been five years.

The people that tweeted about the studio meet today
have also tweeted Hadley Fraser so perhaps he is the
third West End performer. I doubt if it is Keith as
he hasn't performed in the West End yet.

Second West End Man would be Stephen Rahman-Hughes per this tweet:

Milton Morrissey Ltd‏
Brilliant day in the studio with two of the West End Men...@leemeadofficial and @stephenrahman_h

Thank you Woozie xxx

Are you slightly excited about Lee coming to your home town Jazzy?
No matter how I try to juggle thing I wont be able to make this one. #familycommitments

Jazzy will you please do your best to take some photo's at Guildford for those of us that couldn't get there,thanks a lot

So sorry I won't be able to give you a guided town tour Joan Maybe he'll come back again one day.

Acer i'll try my best, I do have a better camera now

Thanks Jazzy you never let us down

Sounds like Lee tops the bill? Can't wait to heat more about this a.s.a.p.

Photobucket

I have made this map for any one arriving by train. This is the best route to G Live on foot.
As you follow the road across the river away from the station you will come to traffic lights, cross those and you can either go into the Friary shopping centre and out the other side or turn right on the path and walk around the outside. Follow North St up the hill.
It is all uphill but the lower part of North Street is ok. There is a steeper part mid map where North St merges with the High Street and after that its not too bad. Just follow the road as it goes up and eventually you will come to a mini round about at the top. Take the left side of the road past it and G Live is just on the left. Ample car parking behind either outside or if that's full, the multistorey next door.

The closest places to eat are Zizzis, Pizza Express or Prezzo. These are all within a few minutes walk of the venue.

If you get a chance, have a stroll down the cobbled high street, its quite pretty and there are lots of good shops. I hope the clock restoration will be finished by then.

Thanks for that Jazz, very useful. I have just booked a hotel on London Road which doesn't look very far from G Live. Approximately how long do you think it takes to walk from the station to venue.

Hi Ruthie. London Rd station is much closer, its less than 5 mins I think and you are already at the top of the hill there so its an easier walk. My map is to the central Guildford station.

Matt Rawle has been confirmed as the third man in WE Men Concert:-

LINKY THING

along with Lee and Stephen Rahmin-Hughes:-

LINKY THING

Oooh thanks for that, where did you find out?

I see that Matt played Martin Guerre in Martin Guerre, that means I saw him in it! Don't remember though

It's been added to the original info about the concert:-

LINKY THING

I found a youtube clip of Matt as Martin Guerre.

LINKY THING

I love the soundtrack. I think Lee would make a great Arnaud if they ever revived it.

Thanks Jo it will be a good night only wish I could get there just a bit too far

Thanks for the info on the London Road station Jazz

Thanks for the 'Link' Jo...and Jazzy for the map details...

Lee has tweeted more concerts to be confirmed soon!

Whether these will be part of the West End Men series (if there is a series!) or not, remains to be seen ........................

Ingrid & I have booked for the concert and also a hotel for the night. We were slightly worried in case the concert fell through as we have no return on the hotel booking. Pleased that more details have emerged re the other men.
We have to travel to the main station unfortunately.
BTW Keith is doing a concert in Wales.

There is a tweet from @Milton Morrissey, who I presume
are the concert organisers, that further West End
Men dates to be announced very, very shortly.

Excellent!

Thanks maggiemay. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Woo! Hoo! that's great news!
Thanks maggiemay...

Looks like the next one is in .... Jersey!!!

Jersey venue

It's on Lee's birthday, too! Tkts on sale on Monday.

But is Lee confirmed for this new concert?

Lee's name is on the poster for West End Men at the link posted by ALiz so I would assume he is confirmed for the Jersey show PKP. It seems to be the same cast as for Guildford.

Hopefully there are more venues to be added yet as the promoters said yesterday on Twitter that they would be announcing more dates (plural)

Anyone going to Jersey to see the concert?

Even though I'm reluctantly not going to Jersey, I couldn't resist having a look at the on-line booking - to discover that tickets are £50!!!

West End Men at West End Prices!!!

I know a theatre ticket in London is expensive, but concerts are nothing like this price normally.

A/Liz oh my hat!!! it will make it very expensive with the hotel,Jersey is not cheap, I know Lee is worth it but it is a lot especially if other concerts come up

Like minds think alike A/Liz, I just looked to see how the tickets are going too,out of curiosity of course , and was like , £50. I know there are cheaper tickets, but way at the back I think. .Yes, Lee's worth it, but most concerts even at big venues in London are not that price. The other events being advertised on that page are not as expensive. I suppose it's the height of the Jersey holiday season and they think they'll get the sales.

Perhaps the tickets are more expensive because there are 3 WE Men and a WE Woman (Kerry Ellis) involved. It does seem steep, though...but they must think that people will pay that.

2 more dates announced for the WEM Concerts.....28th and 29th July 2012 at Beau Sejour, Guernsey. Tickets are not yet on sale but understand they will be shortly.  Once a link is available it will be posted on the Eclipse Artists Agency Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/EclipseArtistsAgency

Thanks, Angel.

Link for those who want it:

Eclipse

Thanks Angel and A/Liz. Just looking at Guernsey hotels out of curiosity, as you do , they make Jersey hotels look positively cheap

It's the weekend, isn't it, and peak holiday season.

Thanks for the heads up Angel.
The trouble with both Jersey and Guernsey is the expense of the flight.
I rang the Jersey box office and the £50 tickets are reduced to £45 for seniors.
Jersey hotels are on a par with London prices.
When flights, travel to and from airports, concert tickets, hotels and food are all added up, it's a very expensive bash.

I know. I was so excited yesterday, yet today feel throughly miserable.

West End Men now has its own web site:

West End Men

Wow!!

I like the bit that says, 'more concerts to be announced soon.'

Oh my word. Thanks A/Liz. That's cheered us up
What a stunning banner too, thanks Kirsten.
They seem to like announcing them on a Friday night don't they.

Don't forget to sign up for updates.

The trouble is that it doesn't seem to be working atm. I have emailed them.

Jersey - Guernsey - next stop Isle of Wight?
I can dream can't I?

Now that would be nice LynneD . The flight would be much cheaper too

Looks like there's going to be another West End Men concert - in Leicester, in November!

This info is from a tweet from a lady / company called KateUnwinDesign, who says:

"This show I'm working on is coming to Leicester in November - more details soon ..." then she gives a link to the West End Men website (only it isn't mentioned on there yet).

Ah Leicester, i remember it well!!!

That's good news, thanks A/Liz. I was beginning to think there weren't going to be any more concerts as it's been ages since they gave out the last 2 dates. I do hope they announce more, as is promised, July to November is a long time - and i am very impatient.

Thanks to Ro at LL for finding this hi-res draft poster for the West End Men concert:

http://www.visitguernsey.com/downloads/general/west_end_men_poster_draft.jpg

It's not new, but it's very big!

To everyone going today, I wish you a fab time.

I hope you all find your way to Guildford safely.

Hope to see some of you later....

Exciteddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I've kept away from most spoilers so it will be new to me!

1 2