General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Denise article in Daily Mirror

An article in the Daily Mirror promoting Denise's new book:-

LINKY THING

Love the bit at the end. Very touching.

While I was reading the article, it struck me that it would be interesting to have a book about the first two years of Betsy's life written from Lee's point of view. He strikes me as a naturally witty person, so I could imagine it being an entertaining read.

Re: Denise article in Daily Mirror

Thanks Jo that was great very honest,I too like the last part that will put an end to all these mags that keep saying they are splitting up,thanks again

Thanks Jo, Lee is such a brilliant guy.

I noticed in the picture of Betsy at ll months old where she
is wearing bunny ears, that there is a cushion on
the chair which reads "Lord of the Manor", I wonder
if that was a pressie from one of the MM staff.

Well Maggiemay, all MM Staff have just been hauled in for an urgent Staff Meeting. Some were in the garden, others were in M&S or Mr Tesco
As it's a Bank Holiday our Press Office is shut today, so all we can say is "No Comment"

In one of todays Sunday papers it is saying she is up for a part i Eastenders ? so maybe that will add even more complecations to the baby 2 discussions ?

Assuming this is true (and I recall a similar story a few years ago which came to nothing), it could be a short term role. I can't see her committing to anything long-term.

A very honest account. Hope Lee does not mind her being so candid about their sex life. I assume not. Good to see a LOTM cushion in the background. What a lovely ending to the article.

Jan 2 I don't think she would say anything about it now it was just that she was writing a book about what can happen after having a baby, I would imagine Lee knew what was in the book.

In fairness to Denise, the content of the article has been pretty much taken from the book. She's mentioned hers and Lee's sex life in the book because it is relevant, in as much as it's one of the things that pregnant women and their partners worry about.

It sounds like a good book and it's a refreshing change to have someone talking about the experience of parenthood 'warts and all'.

Incidentally, I often find myself rolling my eyes when some celebrity spouts off about how their sex life is wonderful and they're at it with their partners all the time. Or when a male celeb reveals that they've had sex with lots and lots of people (I could really have done without knowing that the actor who plays Ken Barlow in Corrie has slept with 1000 women! ).

For anyone interested, Denise will be appearing on This Morning tomorrow (Thursday 10 May) - presumably to talk about her book.

Thanks Greycat I am interested I shall be watching