​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Judas

Tim Minchin has been given the part of Judas in JCS.NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Re: Judas

I know.

This production is appealing to me less and less.

Ditto, ALiz.

Could not believe my ears turned down Lee for Tim Minchin really feel like giving this a miss now.

Really Lee would be more suited for a WE version than an arena production. I believe that was what was oringally on ALW's mind. Once ALW went the arena route I doubt he was thinking of any MT performer even though Lee can rock with the best of them. So don't worry because I do not think he will come out worse in the long run because I have doubts about the whole new arena thing. Tim Minchen is also a talking point which is exactly what ALW wants.

I never expected Lee to get the part so I'm not disappointed in that sense. It's just the production itself, and the way it's shaping up, that is not appealing to me particularly. I hate the film and the more garish productions; wondering if this is going the same way. I'd like to see it in a smaller setting, well acted and minus the glitter and 60's weirdness.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Asher. An arena tour doesn't appeal to me in the slightest (OK, if Lee HAD been in it, I'd have probably eaten my words! ), and I hated the film too, but I would so love to see him as either Jesus or Judas on the London stage.