​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EUROVISION

Are you clearing your diaries for Saturday night? I always watch Euro even though to our ears lots of the songs are trash. Its watching the singers scream their heads off that is so funny. Pity Pudsey the dog could not get a part in this show. i'll be there with my popcorn and glass of best lemonade.Come on Hump!

Re: EUROVISION

Thinking of entering myself next year, as I am at last younger !! than some of the contestants

Maggie!!

It was the first semi-final last night (all the countries bar the 'Big Five'* and the host country have to compete for a place in Saturday's final).

Highlights of Semi-Final 1 for me were:-

Montenegro's entry, performed by the interestingly named Rambo Amadeus! He didn't so much sing the song as speak it in the style of someone who's been on a pub crawl for the last two days!

Lewis representing Iceland!

Albanian singer with a ball of wool on her head screeching notes that were so high, they threatened to shatter TV and computer screens all over Europe!

Austrian group with a rude name and a line in their song that sounded really rude, but when translated into English simply means 'Shake Your Booty'!

Russian Grannies who appeared to have a collective age of 1076 and seemed to have adopted the 'pick any note you want and take it from there' approach to singing!

San Marino's catchily titled 'The Social Network Song', which was originally called 'The Facebook Song', but they were forced to remove the word 'Facebook' from the lyrics as it breeched a Eurovision rule about mentioning names of commercial products or organisations in song lyrics.

Jedward doing cartwheels when they were announced as one of the 10 countries through to Saturday's final!

Iceland, Albania and Russia are all through to the final, so they'll be performing on Saturday.

Second Semi-final is on Thursday.

*UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy

Well I watched the second semifinal tonight and what a load of rubbish! Makes Englebert seem very professional in comparison.

Good luck Hump!