​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jubilee Concert

They're repeating the Jubilee concert at the moment on BBC1.

Robbie Williams - has he ever sung a song without interrupting to shout at the audience?

Will.i.am - He looks like a Pirate who borrowed Fiyero's breeches!

Jessie J - Good voice. Like her!

JLS - they're fully dressed! That's a first!

Oooh, I had palpitations then - I thought they were announcing Lee Mead! Unfortunately, it was Lee Mack!

Sir Cliff Richard - Needs to sort out his dentures. Off-key in places.

Alfie Boe - Borrowed Lee's black shirt and skin-tight jeans! Showed the others how to sing. Oooh, now he's impersonating Elvis...pretty well, I have to say!

Ed Sheeran - Looks like a lad I went to school with! Nice voice. A bit of a down-beat song for such a celebratory concert, though.

Annie Lennox - Thinks she's playing an Angel in a Nativity play! Sounds a bit strained and pitchy in places. Surprising as she's normally so good.

Tom Jones - Great stuff! Still has a great set of pipes.

Robbie Williams (again) - Hmm, I prefer Lee's version of this. I remember Denise saying that Lee gave Robbie a run for his money performing this. He certainly did!

Re: Jubilee Concert

ALW/Gary Barlow song - Nice song. ALW on piano.

Shirley Bassey - A good performance. She and Tom have shown the youngsters how it's done!

Kylie Minogue - Great fun and she knows how to work an audience.

Elton John - Interesting jacket. He's come as a quality street chocolate. He appears to have borrowed Ed Sheeran's hair. His voice sounds a bit odd. Did he always have a lisp? He's going to choke on that microphone if he isn't careful! Blimey, it's Crocodile Rock, a song I now associate with Keith on ADWD!

Stevie Wonder - Great stuff. Another 'oldie' showing the youngsters how it's done!

Madness - Yay! Great fun!

Paul McCartney - His voice is sounding strained! He should have had someone else sharing the vocals.

The BBC bods decided not to include the Gary Barlow/Cheryl Cole duet in this repeat. Probably wise under the circumstances. Cheryl was dire. What on earth was Gary thinking asking Cheryl to duet with him? She can't sing live!

The BBC also saw fit not to show Renee Fleming, Lang Lang and the Renee/Alfie Bo duet in this repeat!

Overall, a patchy concert. There were some great performances, but also some distinctly under par performances. I felt that the concert could have done with an MT section (like they did with the Diana concert). There are plenty of performers and songs they could have chosen from.

I so enjoyed this concert too. Best bit? Madness!

Thanks for the review. lot of my own feelings there. But the pyrotechnics were fantastic.

It's funny - I loved the concert, yet thought so many of the performers were far below their best.

I loved Tom Jones - although I was hoping he didn't do 'Kiss' as I didn't want to have to make comparisons with a certain someone! Luckily he didn't, and Delilah particularly was fab.

I also loved Alfie Boe, both on his own and in the duet. Shame that it was cut from the highlights.

My other favourite was Gary Barlow with his and ALW's song (we'll draw a veil over the duet with Cheryl!).

I'm afraid some of the other 'elder statesmen' performers should now gracefully retire ....... and I thought Annie Lennox with those silly angel wings looked ridiculous, and as for that woman with the hula hoop, the least said the better .....