​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
FNIMN

Bit pushed for time this morning so will have to write my thoughts on last night's concert later. He looked and sounded wonderful. Few pics from the stage door

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sorry seem to have put same shot on twice. Won't risk trying to delete it in case I delete them all!

Re: FNIMN

Thanks Cassie for gorgeous pic's don't apologise for putting same pic on of our gorgeous boy!! as Lewis would say 'bring it on'

Fab, Pics Cassie. It was a wonderful evening. Even the sun shone. Roll on Guilford

Fab pics. Those curls at the back are just fantastic. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Cassie for taking the time to post the lovely photos. Hopefully we will get some more posts from
some of the other ladies that went last night. I was gutted I couldn't go last night but am looking forward to Guildford.

I hope someone that went will tell us the songs he sang,the way the venues are at the moment I won't see him till Xmas

Thank you Cassie, those are lovely...so much better than my dark ones! Lovely to see you there, fab night!

acer he sang two songs in the first half and two in the second half....not nearly enough for me but the were beautifully sung and rehearsed. The others singers used written words but not Lee

First two were: Always and Count your Blessings
Secdond half were: Lets face the Music and White Christmas.

For the finale song all the singers came on stage and sang a fabulous 'No business like Show business'. Lee sang it with gusto and enjoyed every minute.

I have a few stage pics, will share asap but its my wedding anniversary today so it might not be until tomorrow.

Happy Wedding Anniversary Jazzylou, have a lovely day. Look forward to your pics when you have time.

Oooooooh I had been looking forward to last night and was not disappointed.
Just had a check up at the docs this morning and quite frankly I am amazed that my heart rate and blood pressure were back to normal!
We had spotted Lee early on in the venue's car park so the evening had started well. A little later, while finishing a meal with coffee outside an Italian restaurant in the High street, I took a swig, looked up and nearly spat it all over the table: there was Lee right in front of me. We found out that in fact he had been inside the same restaurant that we were sitting outside!!! good job we didn't realise....wouldn't have been able to eat!
So two sightings and the concert hadn't even started. however I still wasn't prepared for the sight of Lee bounding onto the stage in full Tux and bow tie gorgeousness. OMG. The word stunning doesn't do it justice! It was very hot in the auditorium but the temperature went up a notch for me at any rate!
He was in very good voice and seemed to be enjoying it hugely. He put lots of emotion into the first two songs. I especially liked Always and the reference to curly headed children in Count Your Blessings was touching and very apt.
He threw himself into Let's face the Music and Dance with a few moves. After Lee finished with White Christmas, all the singers performed There's No Business like Show Business which Lee belted out.
Anton du Beke hosted the evening and was amusing and entertaining. The other three singers were all excellent too. The music is not really my era and I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the evening apart from Lee but it was wonderfully entertaining and the BBC concert orchestra were fabulous.
Afterwards we went to the stage door and talked to Lee. he was his usual polite self thanking us all for coming and talking about Bedlam and the West End Men concerts.
It feels better that there is only a three week wait to see him again rather than the three
months it has been this time.
Another job well done by our lovely, lovely man.

Agree with everything you said Cassie except he wasn't just his usual polite self at stage door was downright relaxed. Came out holding suit & manbag then said let me just put these in the car & I'll be straight back & he was. Then excused himself again for few seconds while took down a "new friend's" phone number & came back to continue signing & chatting. He had to borrow some lucky Lady's pen (no names but I bet that pen is somewhere safe now Thanks for the photos. I did take some which, if any good, will post when I find out how to get them off the phone!! Mine did not have as much chest hair

Jazzy Happy Annivesary,thank you for putting the songs up I thought he would sing White Xmas when I saw the list of songs,I know how gorgeous he looks in a tux

Thanks for the reviews and photos, everyone (I'm loving the shirt...and chest hair ) and Happy Anniversary Jazzy!

Completely agree with you Sue. He was very relaxed but it is his unfailing politeness that always stays with me. (as well as the chest hairs!!!) The latter were a total fluke by the way as I just clicked away in the dark!

Cassie, thank you for the yummy pics and the report! Can't wait to hear the full concert, come on BBC!

Jaz, happy anniversary!

You're so right about his unfailing politness....it earned me a wink My "shots in the dark" definitely don't include chest hair...not that I have magnified them at all They also include other people & will have to look at quality if I take them out

Thanks for all the reviews everyone & for those lovely photos Cassie, especially the eyelash one - so good you posted it twice!
Happy Anniversary Jazzy.

Just a small contribution to Cassie,s Review. Lovely photo,s by the way.

As Cassie reported we had a couple of sightings before the show started which put us in the mood.

First suprise for me was Anton Du Bech having only ever seen him on Strickly I was impressed at his compering skills. I will be interested to see how much of his banter is left in when the show is aired,

This is not the kind of show I would have gone to before Lee as I am not a lover of Orchestral music and to be honest not a great fan of Irving Berlin (sorry Irving !)
Hovever I take it all back as it was an enchanting evening. Our G.O was on top form his voice absolutly soaring I especially loved "Always"
Afterwards we went round to the stage door for another treat. Anton came out first and seemed as delightfull off stage as on.
Then out came Lee looking very relaxed and carrying his suit. He asked if we would mind if he put it in the car ! bless. and came straight back. He spent some time talking about "Bedlam" and how he had hopes that "West End Men" would go either to Asia or America. He signed a few tickets as there where no programes. We wre just about to leave when I remembered that I would not be in Jersey for his Birthday (first one I will miss) so I wnt over and said "Can I wish you a Happy Birthday Lee as I wont be at the Jersy Concert. He replied thank you Maggie and gave me a kiss. Please note I did NOT kiss him he kissed me !!!!!!!!!
WE also had the oportunatly to have a little chat with his parents as they were parked next us in the car park. Easy to see where Lee gets his beautifull manners from.

I am stupid, right? I had o read threequarters of the thread before I worked out what FNIMN meant! Lee sounds his usual charming self.

Thanks Maggie for lovely report our boy was in great form!! I have never met Jo and Steve but have read on here that Steve is a gentleman from fans who have met him,I am sure Lee has been well brought up as I am sure Betsy will be

Thanks your all your anniversary wishes

I have loaded my pics onto the pc so now I have to put them into photobucket so I can post here, could be a while because they are high res.

Hi guys,

OK photos coming up.

I would like everyone to know that these were taken very discreetly from the second row using my Samsung Galaxy SII. There was no noise, no flash and no annoying orange light. I took them in about 3 sessions, in fairly rapid succession then put the camera away. I am very aware the the screens can spoil others visions and I kept it to a minimum.

Feel free to share on other sites as I am aware that there may not be many others. Its only fair that as I managed to capture that I share with all Lee's fans. Kirsten you can grab them for the front page here if you think they are good enough.

And lastly they are not the best but I hope you enjoy them.

Some are a bit fuzzy as they were taken on zoom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Posting so I can see where i've got to.
Credit: Jazzylou

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Credit: Jazzylou

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

SD but mine are very dark and have lots of other familiar people in so i'll just post my fav two

Photobucket

Blurred but gorgeous

Photobucket

Credit : Jazzylou

Thankyou so much Jazzylou, fantastic.

Lovely pics, Jazzy, thank you. In one pic, think the blonde lady violinist looks a bit Meadmushed!

Thanks Jazzy they are great,I have printed the ones of him singing they have come up really clear will use on calendar next year

Thank you, glad you like them.

If there is anyone looking in who captured one of my chat with Lee I would be very grateful to receive it.

Thank you for those great photos Jazzy. Didn't he look stunning that night!
Sorry, you are not in any of mine this time.

:)

Thanks Cassie. I've been spoilt, Angela took one and its the best ever. I'm so pleased with it.

Thanks to Angela and Sunnymead xxxxxx

Thanks for the lovelee photos jazzy. He was fab wasn't he. You don't seem to be on any of my SD photos sorry. Oh and I hope you had a lovelee anniversary

Thanks for all the beautiful photos, great start to my morning.

Hey Jazz, thanks for the gorgeous pics from the concert. Most delightful!! LOL And Happy Anniversary too!

Thanks for the wonderful pics Cassie and Jazzy and for the great review Cassie. Happy Anniversary Jazzy

It was indeed a very special night and our man certainly looked and sounded amazing.
When he first walked on stage in the DJ my heart nearly stopped! He looked so delicious and then, when he stood in front of the old fashioned mike, it was like a scene from the 1930's or 40's. Phew.
He was born to sing Irving Berlin.

It was so great to see everyone after a such a long wait since Worthing. It felt like a big family reunion

Thanks for the lovely pictures Jazzy. He looked terrific in his tux. It just seems suits fit him better than most men.

Happy Anniversary Jazzy. Cassie and Jazzy Thanks for the great photos of Lee, and for the great review Cassie. Our man certainly looks gorgeous in a tux and bow tie. Well done Maggie (Ball)on getting your usual kiss from Lee. He certainly remembers you whenever he sees you.

Sounds like it was an amazing concert - one i really would have loved to have gone to, but, unfortunately, circumstances just wouldn't allow.

What was it like being in the recording of a concert, were you given any special instructions to keep the noise down at certain times eg no whooping, or other strange noises, when Lee was performing? Did they have to do any additonal takes? Did Anton sing?

Thank you Cassie, Maggie, Jazzy for the reviews and photos. Can't wait to hear him singing those songs.

No Anton did not sing Ruthie, but he was an excellent compere.
We were asked at the start to clap loudly but after Lee made an appearance they knew they need not bother

Will be very interested to hear the finished show on the Radio to see how it is edited.

Please can someone tell me was Lee on early ?I know Sept is a long way off but want to be ready so I know when to record,thank you

Thanks to Ro, there's an updated report with downloads at the Timeline:
http://leemead-timeline.co.uk/files/events/radio2fnimn28jun12.html

Thank you Cassie & Jazzylou for posting your photos
it was lovely meeting up with you all again.
Here's a few of my photos

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lovely photos, Joan. Thanks for sharing!

I especially like the first one where he's smiling.

Oooh, yes! Thanks, Joan! He cuts quite a dashing figure in the DJ.

Thank you Cassie, Jazzylou and Joan, great photos.

Thank you Ladies for your your reviews and contributions. Have to say when he first stepped onto the stage it was a breath-taking momemt and then his beautiful voice singing songs so different to what we are used to, backed by that wonderful orchestra. The whole evening was 'just up my street', loved it.

Cassie,Jazzy and Joan thanks too for the lovely pics.

Thanks Cassie for the item which arrived via 'Liz mail'

No problem Joem. It was a special evening wasn't it!
Thank you Joan and Jazzy for the photos.
Sue I agree with you about the heart stopping moment when he walked on stage and also about the "family reunion" feel. It is always so lovely meeting everyone again after a long break.

1 2