​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AWD Superstar.

I have 6 people and three babies coming to dinner so this a quickie. But I am so cross about it .

In todays"Daily Mail Weekend" booklet there is a two page spread about the forhcoming hunt for Jesus. ! One of the 6 finalist's is Seamus who is quoted as saying. "The Joseph" experience iwas bruising there is a stigma in the industry if you come from a reality show " so why is he doing it again one ask.s !!!!!!! Then Mr ALW says " Tha standard is much higher than Joseph anyone in our final thirty would have made the top ten in Joseph" Says a lot when one of the finalist' in this show was a Joseph regect.
No time for any more but glad to get it off my chest !

Re: AWD Superstar.

It's online. I'll put the link in the JCS thread to keep everything in the same thread. I thought the same thing, though. Why put yourself through it again?

Now I'm hoping that Lee gets to be a guest judge - Lee judging Seamus would be interesting!

I'm not going to be able to watch this!

I'm with you Gail, the whole thing to me is just awful and if would be hypocritical for me to watch. Odd comments from Seamus.

They are very odd Jazzy!

Maggie, please do not let it bother you it's really not worth it. ALW knows and must appreciate how brilliant a Joseph Lee was, he certainly earned ALW a lot of money
over the 18 months he performed as Joseph. Lee has proved he is an all round brilliant performer since ADWD
and is now an established star. It was a stupid remark
by ALW but knowing the Daily Mail was probably put out
of context anyway.

I agree, maggiemay. ALW says the EXACT SAME LINE with each new casting show. It's PR-speak for "I don't have anything else to say to make you watch our show."

Only the inclusion of Lee as a judge would make me watch the JCS programme. I am still very angry that Lee wasn't given the opportunity to star in this, when ALW more or less told him he'd be using him back in 2009. I think Lee might have let one or two good West End roles go while he was waiting for Webbo to make up his mind.

All I can say is if Seamus is so good why didn't he win ADWD,I thought he was full of himself

I agree with Maggiemay and the other comments, ALW was probably quoted out of context/had to say something! Seamus was not right for Joseph (too old) but he was excellent as Che in the touring Evita. I cant see him winning this role as a bit arrogant for Jesus, but I will certainly watch the programme/s. I dont suppose I'll go and see the production either as I'm not keen on the roles which have been cast. Lee knows how the industry works so wouldn't have passed up other roles just waiting for this to happen.

acer
All I can say is if Seamus is so good why didn't he win ADWD,I thought he was full of himself

In fairness, the casting shows weren't like straightforward talent shows, where you're just looking for the best performer. It's about choosing someone who's right for the part. I've never understood why anyone gets through to the live shows who doesn't fit the criteria, yet some do. A classic example being Amy (former glamour model) in 'Over The Rainbow'. She was a pretty girl and had a great voice, but, with the best will in the world, she wasn't a realistic option for Dorothy (and in the real world, she never would have got past the first audition, let alone down to the final 12!).

LINKY THING

Same applies to Claire (short, peroxide blonde hair), who got to the top 20 and is in this group performance with Amy, Danielle and Emilie.

LINKY THING

I wonder why they put people through to the latter audition stages and even through to the live shows, who clearly don't have the right look or voice type? Rhydian got through to Joseph school, yet had the wrong voice type (classical) and the wrong look. Then there was that overweight lad who sang 'Love Changes Everything' at the callbacks. With the best will in the world, there was no way he was going to be able to drop all the excess weight and get toned up in time for the first live ADWD ep!

Even at the final concert where the last 20 or so would-be Joes were whittled down to the final 12, there were still a few question marks.

LINKY THING

Not least how the camp guy in the 'Uptown Girl' group (he starts singing at 39 seconds in) got to that stage of the audition process. Again, he's good, but he's not a Joseph. I also remember him being a bit of a git about Rob lacking experience - hilariously, Rob got through to the final 12 while he didn't!

I think the role of Jesus is more suited to Seamus than the role of Joseph. That being said, I think he needs to rein in the attitude a bit. He really did himself no favours in ADWD, though the editing didn't help.

I feel a bit sorry for the six men who were named in the
Daily Mail write up as I read yesterday in one of the theatrical write-ups, can't remember which one, but it
said there are six professional performers that are also through who have been sworn to secrecy. By doing that,
in my opinion, it seems like the powers that be don't think the six who have already been named and photgraphed stand much of a chance. Also the write-up on Seamus describing him as an ADWD reject wasn't very
flattering or fair to him, also seeing they have cast well known names to play the other parts whoever
wins the role I don't think it will be such a big career
boost as it has been for the winners of ALW previous TV talent shows. Of course I should imagine for the unknown names it won't do their career any harm for them to be seen on national tv, albeit for a short time for some of them. Just my opinion of course.

None of those 6 will be in the final three.

I agree, maggiemay. It's clear that every talent & casting show has put through unsuitable performers to the live shows, simply to have cannon fodder, for the entertainment value.

They got a lot of mileage in the press with Amy Diamond's glamour girl career. However, I don't think it's a bad thing to put through somebody unsuitable who's also a really solid performer. I think there's a case for doing that for both the sake of the show and to give a performer a career boost.

Let's face it, no amount of tv exposure is going to help some people. If they have the talent and the work ethic, they can parlay the exposure into a career, but there are no guarantees in this business.

You have to wonder about Seamus. If he'd done as well as some of the other Joes, would he be going this route again? I don't think so.