​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
WEM refresher thread

Leicester is coming up soon! seems ages since Guildford, I can hardly remember details and I like feeling like this. Feels like I am going in a WEM virgin. Everything to re-discover.

Thought I'd kick a new thread off to remember what we can, talk about favourite moments, whet the appetite! Is anyone going to WEM for the first time this November? Perhaps you live further north and Guildford was difficult for you.

Which bits stood out for you?

Re: WEM refresher thread

Some powerful musical moments plus the backlit vision Of Mr Mead in the white pin tucked shirt.

Lee. Sitting. Stool.

...........for a long time!!!!!

I loved every minute of the Guildford concert (well, apart from the last half hour of the sax solo which wiped out 'Fix You'). Fav bits include the trio's lovely harmonies on 'Bring Him Home' and bouncy Lee at the finale, he was so fired up during 'Bohemian Rhapsody' - I think everyone was!

Can't wait for the Leicester concert. It'll be interesting to see what changes there are to the set-list with Ramin joining the line-up and (presumably) a new female guest .

Greycat, I'd forgotten all about Bohemian Rhapsody! put a smile on my face. Thanks!

I have just seen a tweet from Ashleigh Gray to say she
is delighted to be joining Lee, Ramin and Stephen in the
upcoming WEM concerts.

Thanks, Maggiemay. Very interesting choice. She seems to have a lovely voice from the snippets on youtube.

Here's Ashleigh's official website:

http://www.ashleighgray.com/

And a recording of her 'As Long As You're Mine' - not great quality but it gives some idea of her voice. We might get to hear this song again with Lee next month .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx80GHMQXSk

I think Ashleigh was standby Elphaba at some stage (pre-Lee), although I'm not sure if it was for Kerry or her successor Alexia. She had a solid band of followers who thought she was the greatest thing since sliced bread and the best Elphie ever (typical Wicked fangirls!). About a year ago, there was a 'staff crisis' at the AV, and they had to call her back as there were no standbys or understudies left as they were all off sick or on holiday! Apparently she also took part in the AV gala - I was there, but am afraid I don't remember her at all.

Nice little twit pic of Stephen Rahman-Hughes and Ramin Karimloo in rehearsals for WEM:

https://twitter.com/stephenrahman_h/status/259758426631065600/photo/1

And I liked this little exchange between Lee and Stephen after the pic was posted:

@leemeadofficial: @stephenrahman_h@raminkarimloo"Duuuuudes!!!!!! can't wait!"

@stephenrahman_h: @leemeadofficial@raminkarimloo "Brother from another mother! Get ur Curlies back here...."

and so say all of us Stephen

There is a lovely photo posted by Ramin on his twitter page
today of Lee at rehearsals with Stephen and Ashleigh.
There is also one he posted earlier of Lee and Stephen in jokey
mood.

Thanks for the heads up Maggiemay.

Here are the links for those who like that sort of thing:

http://instagram.com/p/Rr-edyC-92/

http://instagram.com/p/Rsq7XXi-8Q/

I hope rehearsals are going well! Only one week tomorrow to Glasgow - looking forward to the reviews.

Lovely pics; thanks for the links Greycat

Thanks for all your updates and the 'links' to WEM pics ladies

Another lovely photo posted by Stephen of Lee, Ramin and Ashleigh
today waiting to rehearse.

Stephen's twitter page is @stephenrahman_h

Gorgeous pic of Lee looking so relaxed and sexy!!!!!

I love the way Twitter lets us peep behind the curtain

Nice pic!

https://twitter.com/stephenrahman_h/status/266167280700895232/photo/1

I hadn't realised that Ramin has some serious tattoos!

Yes, he's got loads of them. Yuk! (oh well, each to their own I guess!)

I was thinking the same but didn't like to say,but yes everyone to their own

I didn't know about the tattoos. Ramin obviously likes his body art!

Loving Lee dressed in black!

I've followed R for quite a while on Twitter, and almost every time he has a new one he posts pics of it!

There is another lovely photo of Lee with a young lady posted
on her twitter page @leannegroutage. Looks like it was taken
at the rehearsal studios today.

There is a brilliant short and funny video on the WEM Facebook page
with Lee, Ramin and Stephen during a break in their rehearsals today and also 4 great photos. Lee looks heavenly in a revealing V neck T shirt. The
3 of them are obviously having a lot of fun together and they all look gorgeous.

An interesting little conversation on Twitter:

From Paul Lucas-Scott:
@leemeadofficial When might we see the West End Men down here in the South I wonder ???

Reply from Lee:
@PaulLucasScott Hi Paul. Hopefully a tour early next year if these dates go well. We can't leave you guys out ;)

Reply from Paul Lucas-Scott:
@leemeadofficial I'll wait for the chance to do an exclusive preview piece and an announcement of the tour dates shall I ?

Fingers crossed for more WEM dates then!

I hope the further dates work out!

If so, it'll be interesting to see whether Ramin stays with WEM or Matt returns (I think Cabaret finishes its limited season in the West End in January? Not sure if it is touring after that).

I also wonder how further WEM dates will fit in with Lee's plans to return to the US for 'pilot' season. Perhaps this is why any further dates will have to be early in the new year.

Looking forward to Lee at the Sage Gateshead does anyone know who is replacing Kerry Ellis as she has done A CD with Brian May and it looks like she is promoting it also she has been out in Africa with Brian May Enjoy everyone thats going will try and see if i can spot some of you ENJOY ALL AND PLEASE CONTROL YOURSELVES ( i Doubt It)Luv Mazzax

Ashleigh Gray is taking over for Kerry for the next batch of WEM gigs:

Her twitter page: https://twitter.com/Ashleigh_Gray

Her website: http://www.ashleighgray.com/

Anyone else going to Glasgow?

There are a few I think! Such a treat for those of us North of the Border.

Good news.
I am block c. Seat A 81
Hope to see/hear you.
My last sighting of Lee was in Edinburgh,
but not heard him sing since Joseph

There's a rehearsal vid on WEM Facebook if (a) you're not going to Glasgow, or (b) can't resist a sneak preview!!!

For those of you not on Facebook, neither am I, but I can see it. If it wants you to log in, just cancel the 'form', and carry on. The vid is the first item on the page.

http://www.facebook.com/TheWestEndMen

Thanks, ALiz! Lee looks and sounds delish! Those other guys ain't bad either. ;-)

Oooh, thank-you A/Liz! The vid reminds me of the rehearsal clips we used to see of Lee on ADWD and 'The Winner's Story'!

I'd love to see Lee as the Phantom!

I NEED a copy of (or at least the sound of) that!

Thanks A/liz- It was lovely to see & hear Lee in rehearsals singing that song (and the other guys), but that **** Piano!! i know it was only rehearsal, but
it was far too loud, if the piano is used in the shows, lets hope it is
toned down abit, it reminds me of the drums, just overpowering the voices.

I expect the microphone was on or near the piano and considering the guys weren't miked, we heard them pretty well.

There's another vid on the right hand side of the page - the WEM speaking...and Lee making a bit of a mess of the little written message he's supposed to be reading out! Has that been there for a while?

Safe journey to everyone travelling to Glasgow tomorrow (especially Lee).

Safe journeys everyone. Have a great evening with our favourite West End Man.

Well, we know Lee's arrived safely! (good old Twitter)

Have a wonderful evening everyone who is going to Glasgow today. So jealous!!

Yes, have a great time concert-goers!

To all who are going have a great time,and hopefully some reviews

An interview with Lee in Scotland's Evening Times, promoting the show:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/times-out/concert-lee-is-more-than-just-a-west-end-boy-107083n.19376266

Lovely photo of Lee after the WEM concert at the Sage posted by
@DaynaLeadbitter.

Here's a Linky:-

LINKY THING

I love Lee's expression!

That's a great pic, Lee's face!!

Fab Night at the Sage although Lees voice was a bit dry when they sang Bohemian Rhapsody at the end Its Official The other half prefers Lee on his own singing never thought i would hear him say that !!!!!!! think Ashleigh drowned Lee out a bit near the end of the song when they sang the duet( As long as youre mine )good bit of banter between the three of them Good support for the three of them so much hoped Lee would sing Paint it Black by his self Fix you was Good thought also he might have sang Athem you are in for a hell of a night at Leciester Stephen did get a good response when he said that women loved lees curls. so a guy in audience did shout out something back about his curls which made them laugh i think it was along the lines that he did to Get ready to join in the Singing when Ramin sings Oh what a Beautiful Morning. When all three sang You Raise me Up you could hear Lees voice above the other two First Half was a bit quiet then the second half was brilliant so Enjoy all who are going to Leicester He did look fab in his shiny shoes and jeans he really got into Bohemian Rhapsody with his actions Luv Mazza x

1 2