​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee on BBC Radio Scotland

Lee was on BBC Radio Scotland this morning (he gave us 5 minutes notice he was going to be on...thanks Lee ). He was mainly talking about the WEM concerts, but he was also asked about his time in LA. Nothing definite on the work front, but he mentioned several musical films coming up over there next year he'd be interested in, but added he expected hundreds of guys would go for them too (always grounded is Lee). He was asked what WE shows he'd like to be in and, as always he says a 'new show'. He mentioned the 2 news ones coming to the WE next year, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and Once (would love to see Lee in Once ), but he didn't say if he was auditioning for either so don't get your hopes up (although rumours are around ). The interview should be on BBC Radio Scotland Listen Again later if anyone wants to hear it.

Re: Lee on BBC Radio Scotland

Thanks for that, Annie.

I would love to see him in Once too - there was a tantalising glimpse of 'the' guitar and a bit of "innuendo/outendo" on his Twitter a few weeks ago, wasn't there? (Putting 2 and 2 together and making 6 hundred!! )

As for Charlie, I think Douglas Hodge has got the Willy Wonka part - though I could be wrong. I think Lee would make a great Willy Wonka (I sat through the Gene Wilder version of WW & the Choc Factory so often when my kids were small, I almost knew it off by heart, lol! So when the WEM sang Pure Imagination, it took me back decades!).

Thanks Annie. I look forward to listening to that later.

Interesting about the film roles he's interested in. Whoever gets to play Brian Wilson, that's a hell of a role to play. It would certainly challenge Lee to the max! I remember seeing a Beach Boys biopic a few years ago (I think it was a TV movie) which was so sad in parts. In between his cruel, bullying father, his crippling shyness and the pressures of fame, he had a pretty traumatic young life.

I think Lee would be great in 'Once'.

I'm not sure if Lee meant he was interested in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, think it was more he was saying what new shows were coming to the WE next year (am I making sense...probably not ), but as you say A/Liz there are rumours about 'Once'.... time will tell.
Johartuk - You'll see I've taken the bit about The Beach Boys off, in case I've got the wrong 'Beach Boy' , although I don't think so. Didn't know that about Brian Wilson. Be interested to hear if I've got the 'right one' when you've heard the interview.
As usual, expect Lee will surprise us and do something completely different to any of these

Thanks AnnieB,I just heard last couple of seconds of it,he didn't give much warning did he?

Thanks for the 'info' Annie, must have a listen later...

It was Brian Wilson, Annie (just listened to the interview). He said he's hoping to be 'put on tape' for the BW role, whatever that means.

I've just listened. I thought it was a good interview, he sounded good and more confident. Reading between the lines though, I think its been a bit tough for him to get into this new area. It sounds like a long hard slog to me. I hope one of the things he mentions come good for him next year, surely somebody has to snap up that talent and give him a whirl! (I'd do it"!)

Nice little interview!

Here's the Listen Again link for anyone who's interested:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nq454

Lee is about 22 minutes into the show.