​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee On The Radio

Lee's going to be on the radio on Tuesday:-

Shireen Jordan ‏@ShireenJordan
#jackandthebeanstalk @mayflower panto cast member @leemeadofficial will be joining us on the @wave105radio breakfast show on Tuesday!

Re: Lee On The Radio

Thanks Jo. Should be an interesting chat, as Shireen is actually in the panto with Lee!

Did anyone manage to hear this interview - after Lee eventually made it to the studio? It seems from his tweets that he had a rather fraught time trying to get there!

@leemeadofficial: "No cab to pick me up for the radio this morning."

@leemeadofficial: "Where's this cab!??? 20mins late now for Wave FM..."

@leemeadofficial: "Now sat in traffic... This is not a good morning."

@leemeadofficial: "Thanks @wave105radio. Got there in the end!"

Oops!

I heard it I wouldn't call it an interview asking questions like what was the name of the programme of Lee's first TV role etc then about the Panto how long it was running and how many shows,what he was doing at Xmas he said he would be home and his best Buddy Ross was going to dress up as Father Xmas,he was really looking forward to it

Does anyone know if they have listen again.

Thanks

Maggiemay,

The radio station has tweeted the answer to your question!

@wave105radio: "Those of you who missed @leemeadofficial on the @wave105radio Breakfast Show yesterday will be able to listen again online later."

Thanks Greycat. X

Here's the link to the interview for anyone who hasn't found it yet:

http://www.wave105.com/lee-mead-interview/

Decent photo too .

As Acer has said, nothing really new here but it is a nice relaxed interview - liked the banter about Lee taking over from Daniel Craig as James Bond!

50 performances of the panto, in 4 weeks! Blimey!

Loving the James Bond banter!

He'd like to do more radio but thinks he's boring.

Aah, Christmas talk. Bless! Best Buddy Ross playing Santa!

Nice interview.

Talking about the Santa bit - I loved how Steve Powers hastily interjected that Ross would be dressing up as Santa for Betsy after the REAL Santa had gone. He didn't want to shatter the dreams of any young children who might have been listening!

I found the photo of Lee, but could not see how to play the interview. Please can anyone help me as to how I can listen to Lee's interview?

Click the orange arrow button to play the interview.

It's below the photo. It's the 'soundcloud' thing. You click on the > arrow to make it play.

Lee seems to have a thing about being boring. He mentioned in a previous interview (I think it was when he was still doing 'Joseph') that he was worried during ADWD that the viewers at home would find him boring! Actually, one of the reasons I was drawn to him as a contestant was that he wasn't OTT and 'in your face'. I remember being shocked when I first rewatched ADWD and saw the chatty bit with Graham after 'Mack The Knife'. Lee seemed quite abrupt and aloof! Normally, contestants on TV talent shows play to the cameras and come out with all kinds of nonsense, but not Lee. He just stood there all clenchy jawed and barely managed a couple of words in response to each of Graham's questions. Quite possibly this (along with the swaggering arrogrance of MTK) made some people initially think that Lee was a bit of an arrogant git, but it just intrigued me!

There was a short, pre-recorded interview with Lee today on VoiceFM.
They have listen again and Lee is on during the last half an hour
(3.30pm). Ro has the information for the programme on the
Timeline twitter page. It's a lovely short interview.