​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joseph Anniversary!

I can't believe it's four years since Lee's last two performances as Joseph on 10 January 2009! What a wonderful day it was with many happy memories - from the crowd waiting for Lee to arrive at the stage door which literally stopped the traffic, to the fun of the 'muck-up' matinee (Lee's terrible fake beard!), and the emotion of the evening performance and the speeches from ALW and Lee.

I hope Ro doesn't mind me re-posting her Twit pic which captures a lovely moment on that day:

https://twitter.com/f1roro/status/289378458994364416/photo/1

Re: Joseph Anniversary!

Blimey! Four years ago!

He's been a busy, busy fellow! A quick trawl of the Timeline shows that since winning ADWD he's done:

As a Recording Artist
3 solo albums
1 film soundtrack
4 charity singles including the solo ADWD one for CIN that went to #2 on the charts
3 tracks on multi-artist compilation albums

As a Singer
72 concert appearances including 36 solo concerts
(14 of those outside of the UK - 12 in Japan, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Monaco)

As an Actor
3 West End musicals
1 play
2 tv dramas
1 voiceover for an indie play
1 panto

TV, Radio
87 tv appearances including:
2 dramas
This Morning 12x
BBC Breakfast 8x
GMTV 6x
Alan Titchmarsh 5x
Loose Women 4x
Paul O'Grady 2x
Richard & Judy 2x
Something for the Weekend 2x
3 cooking shows
Friday Night is Music Night 4x
Dozens of radio and press interviews

And last but not least:
Married 1 stunning wife
Had 1 adorable baby daughter
Won countless hearts

Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about this.

Wow! Amazing to see it all listed like that. Thank you. Wonder what will be added in the year ahead!

Thanks PKP...(and Ro for the collected information on 'Timeline')

Yes! WOW! from me too, what an impressive list.
Lee has certainly worked very hard over those 4 years. Bless him.
Really looking forward to the future, and following this gorgeous guy in his exciting career...
Who knows where it will lead him, or where it will take us!...

Impressive CV indeed for Lee, thanks PKP and Ro (I didn't realise I had been to so many places ). Don't think any of us who were at Joseph's last day will ever forget it. Apart from the extreme cold , I remember all the crowds in The Strand at the end too, with policemen controlling them. Now, when I'm in the area and have the time I often wander down Maiden Lane and can still see and hear the images of that day in my mind, lovely memories with lots more to come I'm sure.

Annie Oh! Yes!...the cold... I remember it so well...LOL! worth every second of frostbite though!...

Well, I'm still in recovery

Oh the memories! AnnieB, every time I'm in the Covent Garden area I have a little look at Maiden Lane and think "Oh, those were the days...." but I also do that when I pass the Savoy Theatre and see the Coal Hole pub! Good times, and I'm sure there'll be more to come.