​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Southampton this weekend anybody

Weather, transport etc permitting who is hoping to be in Southampton this weekend.
We Northerners are putting on our snowboots, feeding up the huskies etc to see the delicious Lee Mead for last 2/3 (3 is the number 4 of us are hoping to do) J&tB performances.
Hope some of you southerners can get there too

Re: Southampton this weekend anybody

I hope everybody going this weekend gets there and back safely and has a wonderful time. I don't think you'll be disappointed - I'll review on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but it's hard to do a review without spoilers (being a techno muppet doesn't help!) so I'll wait till everybody who's going has seen the panto. Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Lee being asked to do the Mayflower Pantomime again at the end of the year? (Depending on when his tour is scheduled, of course.)

The Reading contingent (all 2 of us!) will be hot (or cold) footing it down to Southampton on Saturday. The last performance should be memorable. Let's raise the roof.
Have to say, I thought I might have found the panto a bit of a yawn as I approached going for the third time, but absolutely not. I can't wait to go and I am quite sad that it will be the last ever. It has been wonderful.

I hope there is a good crowd at the Mayflower this weekend to give Lee and the rest of the panto cast a good send-off

And may everyone going have a fabulous time - fingers crossed the weather isn't too unkind!

Hope Lee gets a million curtain calls!

I'll be there,hopefully, for Sat Matinee and Eve.At the airport now.Whoopee !!

Wrap up warm ladies my son lives just a few miles from Southampton he rang last night saying how cold it is,of course it could change by weekend,have a lovely time please blow a kiss to Lee for me

I think there's a fair old contingent of Lee's 'regulars' going to Southampton this weekend - WEATHER PERMITTING

The forecast isn't looking good, especially for people coming from distant parts. We're an intrepid lot, though - it will take a lot to keep us from Mr Mead!!!!

Suef just to say the huskies are well fed(loads of free burgers from Tescoes),bag of grit at the ready and blow torch to defrost the rail points so whatever elements we will have thrown at us we are well prepared.We tough Northerners are not put off by an avalanche of snow and have skis at the ready,good job its all down hill to Southampton.

So sad I haven't made it to see this production. Have a great night all those lucky enought to go. Last shows are always extra special

Please send reviews and pix if possible.

I'm really hoping everybody gets to see the final performance and that the weather doesn't spoil it. Hi Kim, hope your party make it down south and back with no problems!

Please take great care anyone travelling to Southampton today or tomorrow.
It's snowing here in the south this morning & it's forecast to snow all day.
This is the end of the weather forecast.

Haha - well done Lynne Safe journeys everyone & have a fantastic time x

Thank you LynneD.

I'm having kittens about getting there tomorrow. I have a friend who I am driving down with and she has had to come to my town today ans stay in a hotel because she didn't the trains would run in the morning. We we will both be ready to tackle the roads tomorrow early but I have no idea what we might be heading into.
Has snowed here since 9 this morning and showing no time of stopping :/

Safe journey Jazzy. I'm not in Southampton but it has now stopped snowing on the IOW so hopefully things will improve a bit. Take care x

I'm in Essex and plan/hope to travel by train(s) tomorrow, into London and then back out again. Where I am, we have had hardly a flake all day - BUT apparently our blizzard is due to hit us later this evening.

I was gambling on the fact that it would all be dumped today, then the rail companies or whoever could get their act together overnight and all would be hunky dory tomorrow. I really don't fancy an hour's walk in the snow at 7 am to the station tomorrow - with luggage!!!

I've had hardly a thing to do at work all week. I contemplated going in first thing and asking for part of today off - but wouldn't you know it, I've been 'snowed' under (sorry ) all day, so that idea went out of the window.

Why did it have to snow this weekend?
A Liz, I hope you have a safe journey tomorrow.
I think the trains have been running to Southampton ok today.
It just depends how much snow you have in your part of the world.
Good Luck to you & your friend Jazzy. Hopefully the main roads will be alright tomorrow.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Good luck to everyone traveling today and tomorrow for the show!

Agree Lynne, why did it have to snow this weekend! Due to the snow, thought I'd go to Southampton today, ready for tomorrow, no luck . Although the trains were running, albeit late, I couldn't get to the station (I only live about 4 miles away!). All buses stopped up to the area where I live (south coast) it's quite hilly, roads were horrendous, cars slipping and lorries being abandoned all over the place. Hope I can make it tomorrow . Take care tomorrow Jazzy, sure you'll be OK once you're on the main road. A/Liz, I hope to see you at Southampton station .

I'm getting really upset reading the weather forecasts for Southampton and the South East, and I'm not even going tomorrow. Hope everybody makes it!

4 of us decided to go down Friday last April!!! to do Friday evening then both Saturday performances. Lots of fans did make it ( guardian angelees looking after us ) some (like us ) without real hiccups, some by skin of their teeth ( or trains, boats and planes(Southampton Airport closed) ((did anyone actually arrive by boat!)) but I know by "not a lot" of empty seats, in pairs, that some didn't( we were kindly (unofficially upgraded because of some poor people not making it for one performance ) and can imagine how gutted you would feel. We were well on our way from Yorkshire when this horrible post from Mayflower on the Friday said they would decide on whether to cancel both performances at midday. What!! People who went to Friday matinee said there were from 120 to "official" 320 people there. Phew! they didn't cancel (rioting in Southampton...snowboots, glittery tops, cases, gin bottles (empty)flying everywhere)But that is was loving Lee is all about...and he did not disappoint on any level..professional,personal and just being LEE