​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Way Way Back...Six Years Ago!!!

Six years ago today, a shy young man took his first tentitive steps on the road to West End Stardom!

LINKY THING

In TV auditions, we're used to seeing people oozing desperation to the point of being willing to give their right kidney to get to the next round. Not to mention people who think they're the Dog's Doo-Dahs. But Lee was different. Shy, nervous and well-spoken (he sounds so posh!).

It really doesn't feel like six years ago!

Re: Way Way Back...Six Years Ago!!!

Good memories! I loved the audition stages - and fun looking back to spot Rhydian showing off his six pack

Six years ago today, we were sitting down to watch the first live ADWD show! Little did we know as we settled down in our chairs and on our sofas, that a Star was about to be born!

LINKY THING

Blimey, was it really six years ago that we were all settling in front of our TVs and praying that sanity would prevail amongst the Great British Public?

It was certainly a night to remember, with a few surprises (not least that Seamus was allowed back into the studio after his claims of conspiracy and changing the CED lyrics! ):-

LINKY THING

The three finalists spent a few days in Majorca, where they channelled James Bond and spent time with ALW (and the smallest Birthday Cake in history ):-

LINKY THING

LINKY THING

Lee had us all shook up with an Elvis song:-

LINKY THING

Followed by a barnstorming performance of a Sinatra classic:-

LINKY THING

A group performance with his fellow finalists:-

LINKY THING

By this point, I was thinking "Lee has to have won this, surely!" Nevertheless, I was still worrying about the teen or Tesco votes winning the day, so it was incredibly tense watching the announcement of the third placed Joseph (I'd decided that if it was Lee, I wouldn't be watching the results show...so there! ) :-

LINKY THING

LINKY THING

So...with one Joseph down, it was a straight head-to-head with Keith in the results show!

Lee showed us that he was a (Jesus Christ) Superstar:-

LINKY THING

Then he reprised his favourite song of the series:-

LINKY THING

Jason Donovan then got splinters in his bum from sitting on the fence (and the finalists' mums had their say):-

LINKY THING

Then the 11 non-Joes reminded us that, for one night only, they were 'back in town':-

LINKY THING

Finally, it was time for the results:-

LINKY THING

...and the winning Joseph sang us out with a rousing rendition of ADWD, which was followed by a stage invasion by the 11 non-Joes:-

LINKY THING

What a night! Happy ADWD Anniversary, Lee!

Thanks, Jo! Seems like a million years ago, doesn't it?

Thanks Jo - such lovely memories.