​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September Isle of Wight concert for Lee

According to Lee's Facebook, he's been invited to take his own 'Evening with Lee Mead' to the Shanklin Theatre, Isle of Wight, on Tuesday 24 September. Priority booking for fans between 10am and 7.30pm this Friday and Saturday on 01983 868 000 and quote 'easyfans'.
LynneD and Janet H you must be

Re: September Isle of Wight concert for Lee

Thanks for the heads up, Annie.

Now why the heck am I even contemplating it, when I have no annual leave left?

Another!

Well I hope the residents of the Isle of Wight enjoy him! I would love to go but a Tuesday is not the easiest day of the week and especially as i'm going to be away at his concerts that weekend, I'm not sure that I can manage it. Running a business and following your favourite singer are not the easiest two things to juggle.

Not sure that I can make this one either. Bit of a fiddly journey. Would love to go though. Must content myself with Camberley and Cheltenham.

Yes, AnnieB we are!
Jazzy, don't worry. This resident will definitely enjoy him!!!

Bit far for me but the Shanklin Theatre looks to be a lovely theatre. I see Julian Clary is bringing his current show there soon. Nice for Lee that 'An Evening With' is in demand. The September non-tour is starting to look a lot like a tour!

It's very good to see he's in demand. I suspect that he could be kept busy touring far more often if he wanted to.

Yayyy !! That is all .....

Go on A/Liz you know you want to !!!

punkinpuss
It's very good to see he's in demand. I suspect that he could be kept busy touring far more often if he wanted to.

Interestingly, the Lovelees forum found this website:

http://www.easytheatres.com/concert-shows/an-evening-with-lee-mead/tour-dates/

This site doesn't list the IOW concert but lists an concert on the Isle of Man on 23 August! And says that more dates are coming soon. I wonder if this accurate - and if so, what dates!!! The FB page has already said that no more concerts are expected in September (at the moment).

Watch this space

I know I want to, Janet, but it's just not feasible with no holiday left. I work part time, this year's annual leave is already spoken for, and I have already shifted around my free time for that week to accommodate the other concerts.

Any other week and I can fiddle with my hours again .....

As for the Isle of Man (thanks for that, Greycoat ), just try getting there and/or finding accommodation at the end of August (not that I've looked, of course!). Another non-starter for me, it's far too complicated a journey.

Just had a thought; if he now gets a fab job in LA presumably all these concerts will be cancelled?

You seem to be trying to make us all uneasy with these posts, Sue.

I doubt Lee would sign contracts for concerts he might have to pull out of - not good business and bad PR. Any confirmed concerts have probably been arranged to fit in with a possible return to LA. And being realistic, a 'big job' in LA is probably a long shot anyway. Lee is sensible in ensuring that he has plenty of work lined up in the UK rather than relying on a big break in the US.

What a long morning it was until 10 o/c but tickets now bought for the 24th September! Yipeeee!

Lynne, I knew you'd be excited

I think it's obvious that the confirmed concerts are concentrated in a one week stretch to allow him time for other commitments before and afterwards. Besides most network shows can work around a short break like that. Or the gigs might be during a confirmed break in the projected shooting schedule.

Well done & thankyou Lynne !! Aww A/Liz sorry that we won't be seeing you on the IOW - I know how difficult it is to try and fit these things in with work etc but I know you will have a fab time at the other concerts !

Have a brilliant time Ladies. Due to family commitments I can't get to Lee's concerts this time, well, I might make Cheltenham but it's not definite.

Thanks for the reassurance, ladies.

LynneD and Janet H, you have waited so long for Lee to bring his concert to your beautiful Island, I bet you can't believe it's actually going to happen at last...
I do hope you, and all those lucky enough to be going to the IOW have a great time. Silly me, of course you will, after all it is Lee we are talking about Lol!.
Enjoy every minute ladies.

C Liz, we won't enjoy every minute - we'll enjoy every second of it
We really can't belive it's happening. I'm getting already just thinking about it!
It will be a novelty for us, driving a few miles to the theatre to see Lee, rather than planning a major expedition.

See you in Shanklin Lynne
How long is your journey time? ....your turn to make us jealous.

When Lee did WEM in Guildford I was 12 minutes away!

It's lovely to see someone who doesn't get to many concerts getting their chance!

Jazzy, that is close! My journey time is probably twice yours at Guildford but still under 30 minutes.
See you there!
Tanith, it's great not having to fit our journey around ferry times.

I'm really glad for you, LynneD! Sometimes we take Lee's accessibility for granted over here.

LynneD...I forgot about 'the seconds' which are most important too of course!...
Please don't wear him out though, he has more concerts to do. LOL!

We'll be gentle with him C Liz!