​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee on What's Cooking?

I put this on the Any Theme Will Do thread, but thought I'd start new thread to make sure no one misses it.

Lee and Matt to be on "What's Cooking?" on Channel 4 on Friday, at 11.30 am.

Re: Lee on What's Cooking?

Thanks for the 'info' A/Liz
Hope the chefs cook them something nice,
and let's hope Lee gets the chance to speak a little more too.

Hoping to watch this but usually have carers in at that time!

I thought it was an entertaining show, and the format was good, with the guests (Matt and Lee) popping up throughout. Thankfully, the food was nice - no scary green slime (though the rhubarb compot came close) or bizarre concoctions. They started with fish, chips and mushy peas, prepared by guest chef Rosemary Shrager - Lee once said he disliked batter, so I thought "Oh dear!" when they announced that, but Lee seemed to like it. Then there were merangues with the aforementioned rhubarb compot. Lee said he had a very sweet tooth and had his spoon at the ready before Lisa (one of the presenters) had finished making them! Then there was a chat with Lee and Matt on the sofa.

Again, it seemed a bit Matt-centric, though it was quite funny when Matt mentioned that one of the Busted boys probably wouldn't be interested in reforming the band, so Ben (the other presenter) suggested that Lee could take his place! It was good that they were given the chance to talk about WEM and mention the other performers involved. There were two clips of Lee and Matt shown (the same two that were shown on 'This Morning') and a cute pic of Betsy from her birthday party.

The final recipe was prepared by guest chef John (the winner of last year's 'Great British Bake-off') and was flatbreads with 'picnic dips' (advocado and something else), which the guests had to taste and mark.

Lee looked a lot better today than he did on 'This Morning', which was good! He suits the short hair. One thing that surprised me though was that Matt mentioned celebrating his 30th birthday earlier in the week, so he's two years younger than Lee! For some reason, I assumed he was older than Lee!

Yes Jo I was waiting for Lee to say something about the batter he couldn't stand it on Saturday Kitchen,he looked gorgeous I too like his hair short,I agree about the age thing when they were saying how young Matt looked I was saying to myself Lee looks younger than Matt,when they mentioned Busted I thought oh here we go again but it wasn't too bad,quite enjoyed it,

acer I have just watched my recording of the show back and
Ben said he couldn't believe Matt was only 30 and Matt said
he must have looked old for a long time. He certainly looks
older than Lee, although Lee, in my opinion looks even better
as he has got older, he still doesn't look his age which is
probably because he has such a lovely complexion.

I enjoyed the programme and thought it was an equal balance
between Lee and Matt. I would still prefer to see Lee and
Stephen interviewed together on TV as they seem very good
friends.

Thought Lee looked much better than his last appearance. Still a bit Matt biast. Wish they would mention Lee has had a few sell out shows on his own He will need to be carefull that Matt does not give people the impression that it is his show. Shame they played Lee singing "Joseph" again even though it looks as if it is part of WEM. He can sing other sings we know !!!!

Not sure about the hair liked it better than last time, but with that school jumper (which I know are fashionable) he looked like a 6th former. Although a beautifull one.

I agree maggie Lee has got better with age!! I remember the first time I saw Lee in the scrum he came right up close to my friend and I and the first thing I said was oh doesn't he look young,and he still doesn't look his age but as you say maggie he has lovely skin,I would like to see him with Stephen but I expect he is tied up at the moment and maybe hasn't got time for an interview

I've only managed to watch the first few minutes of the recorded programme as I've not had time yet to watch it all. Mr Mead is looking mighty fine! Loving the shorter hair!!

I have two messages the same I will try and get rid of one

Another one

Managed to see the show in spite of people in and out.Lee still does not push himself forward to hog the microphone. Nice modest chap with gorgeous hair!

A photo from the 'What's Cooking' studio that was tweeted by them:-

LINKY THING

Lee's looking good!

Another photo from 'What's Cooking' - this time just Lee and Matt:-

LINKY THING

Thanks for the pictures joharuk!

Nice pics

I enjoyed the programme. I thought Lee was looking good - much healthier and more relaxed than on This Morning. I liked it when he reminded Matt that he is learning the guitar at the moment so could be be considered for any vacant spots in Busted (should the band reform)!

I hope that, if there are more promotional appearances for WEM on TV, more of the men are involved - hopefully singing something from the show so people can really see what it is all about.

It was a fun programme. I did smile when John burnt the flat breads and knocked over a glass of some type of liquid/sauce.

The fact that Lee and Matt had both played Fiyero was mentioned, and Lisa said she had been to see Lee in the role