​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee On Radio 2 Tomorrow

Lee and Matt will be on Steve Wright's Radio 2 show tomorrow (Tuesday 14th May) which starts at 2pm!

Re: Lee On Radio 2 Tomorrow

Oh not Matt again poor Lee he won't get a word in he is so polite

Another one I'll miss. You'd think, with working only part time now, I'd be home for some of these things - but no, they always pick one of the two days I'm at the office virtually full time! I'm getting fed up with recording entire programmes just for a few minutes of Lee - needless to say, OH is TOTALLY fed up with the Skybox filling up with Lee recordings too!
(I know, I can listen/watch elsewhere, but it's not the same as listening/watching at the time)

Thanks Jo!

I'll have to catch up with this interview on Listen Again. I'm sure some kind forum member will let me know if it's worthwhile - hopefully it'll be more than just another 'Will Busted reunite' fest!

I have to say that I think the WEM promoters are making a mistake by focusing so much on Matt Willis. He has a lot of fans from his Busted days which will help to sell tickets but many Busted fans won't be interested in an MT concert show. Regular theatre goers who might enjoy WEM may be put off by the promotional focus on an ex-boy band member as it is undersells WEM's real MT credentials and fails to give any impression of what the show is really like, i.e. an ensemble piece. I'm still hoping that they manage to get a singing opportunity on TV or radio involving all (or most) of the men soon.

I agree, Greycat. From the tweets I've seen, I get the impression that Matt's fans wouldn't be interested in WEM anyway, as they are much more excited about Busted getting back together again. Yes, the promoters are missing the point, which is to sell WEM. Maybe they thought the 'new boy' would appeal to a younger, wider audience for the show, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Will be glued to radio 2 then this afternoon instead of BBC1 and 2!

I am listening to Radio 2 but I don't think Lee is on,not mentioned in the guests up to now

Patrick Kielty mentioned his guests but nothing about one being Lee!

According to the WEM Tweet thread, the WEM are on their way for a suit fitting, so it looks as though Lee and Matt won't be on today. Annoying.

Oh well, something to look forward to later in the week hopefully!

It would appear that Lee will be on the Radio show with Matt later today.

Whether Lee as on it or not I missed it cos succumbed to a siesta...

There's a pic of Patrick Kielty with Matt and Lee on the Radio 2 page:-

LINKY THING

Ooh, Lee and Matt just got a mention - they're up next!

Lee's been flexing his pecs - pity it's on radio!

Talk about WEM.

A bit of a mention of both playing Fiyero.

Advice on getting into Musical Theatre.

Busted!

Fun MT quiz!

Lee gives details of WEM - dates and theatre.

A funny interview, but Matt is starting to annoy me with the way he talks over people. It was especially annoying when Patrick asked them for advice on how young people can get into MT. Lee started to speak and Matt butted in and took over! I was fighting the urge to shout SHUT UP YOU ANNOYING GIT AND LET LEE SPEAK!

....aaaaaaannnnnnnd breathe!

I agree Jo,he gets on my nerves too much chat

Thanks for the overview Jo

I'm just catching up with the full interview on Listen Again here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sd0zk

The interview starts about 2 hours 32 minutes into the show. Matt does like to talk but I thought it was a nice relaxed interview and the quiz was fun. Good job!

I agree Greycat, have just listened to the interview on radio 2
really enjoyed it and Lee sounded as though he was having fun,
shame Matt has to be so loud.