​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The West End Men first night

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed " The West End Men" 1st night yesterday evening. Brilliant production, with great sound and lighting.

They all looked very handsome in the opening numbers, especially 'our man', in his dark brown suit, or was it maroon? Close Every Door, seemed stronger than ever, with a different finish.

I wasn't too impressed with their "casual" dress in the second half, although I suppose it suited some of the melodies. I thought that Lee should have been 'glammed up' for his duet with Kerry. She looked amazing in a black and white frock, and her voice was as haunting as ever.

They came on in tuxedos for the last part of the show. Wow, how handsome did Lee look. I liked the shorter hair style.

Bohemian Rhapsody was as always stunning, again a different arrangement. I must not forget to mention the musical arranger/pianist. His passion and skill was hugely apparent in the way he "attacked" the keyboard with fervour!

The choir was also a nice addition to the line up.

There was a standing ovation at the end, as always. I would have loved an encore, but they could not have topped Bohemian Rhapsody, and the show definitely finished on a high!

Thanks to LMASloppies, for the competition prize tickets!

Jackie Hallx

Re: The West End Men first night

Thank you so much Jackie for your review, very much appreciated.

Thanks, Jackie, lovely review. What other songs did Lee sing? Anything new?

Thanks for the review Jackie!

Nothing new as far as I remember, for Lee, but Kiss From A Rose, from the four men was beautiful.

Jackie Hall

Thank you Jackie for the lovely review

Thank you for taking the time to do a review Jackie, its lovely to hear how it went.

Thank you for your review, Jackie. I was there last night too - and must just add that Lee stopped the show! It was at the start, when the Men were introduced individually, and when Lee's name was called, the whole place erupted! Lee looked a bit like, help, what do I do now, , at which point the cheers, which were about to die down, started up again. It was a lovely moment, especially as most of the theatregoers were not Lee 'regulars'! Felt so proud of Our Boy!

If anyone wants to know the set list, I have a copy of the programme - but don't want to spoil it for anyone who might wait to wait and be surprised.

Stephen was there too, in the audience, and he happily chatted to everyone on the way out. When Glenn leaves and he comes back into the show, he will be doing his own songs (as before), plus joining in with all the group numbers.

Thanks Another Liz, that must have been a lovely moment for
Lee, and how proud does it make you feel. Wish I could have been
there. Thank you for the reviews and snippets, did anyone manage
to take any photos of the concert or stage door please.

Thanks A/Liz that was great I was nearly in tears thinking about it,was Denise there? she would have been so proud,I would love a set list as I can't get there,how do I go about getting it from you? thank you so much.

Acer - just drop me an email.

A/Liz have sent you an email thank you.

Thanks for that Jackie. It's whetted the appetite for my trip next Saturday. Not that it needed whetting of course!

Also loved the anecdote about Lee's introduction. Let's hope it happens every single night for him! I know I'll be whooping and squealing like days of old. So , so , so , sooooooooooooooooo excited!

Thanks Jackie & A Liz. Great to know that Lee stopped the show!
Looking forward to seeing WEM even more now.

Thanks for review; the fanbase did Lee proud then.Did he get his flowers?

Thanks so much for the review, Jackie - it sounds like it's going to be a great show! I do hope that there is going to be a CD; it will make up for not being able to make it - a bit!

Lovely to see Lee back where he belongs on the West End Stage.

Realy enjoyed the show, cant wait to see it again this time with Stephen RJ

He had a wwonderfull reception from the audience, I though he seemed a little shy at first perhaps not as confident as with Ramin and Stephen but by the second half they seemed to have jelled together.

I agree about the clothes, not sure I liked the colour (maroon ) of the first suit and the casual was well casual !!!! but he looked ab. stunning with the suit and bow tie.very James Bond .Loved him singing Fix You" we were lucky enought to be seated in the front row and he was sat on a stool nearly within touching distance.

For those interested I took the flowers to the stage door about 5.pm I could hear them rehersing inside.Risked loosing my train home to "stage door" afterwards, I managed to ask him if he had recieved them and he said he had and was very touched with the gesture. Then he gave me a kiss on the cheek. ! Not washed that side yet. !!

Hope this show is a success for him . It desirves to be.

That all sounds great! I'm looking forward soooo much now to my turn this Friday, as I haven't seen WEM in the UK tour last year!

Thanks Maggie glad you got your usual kiss

He sings 'Fix You'?????!!!!!!!
Thanks for telling us about the flowers, Maggie.

Just out of interest was it a full house?