​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interview with Lee - What's On Stage

This is a great interview with Lee on the What's on Stage site about the West End Men.

"Brief Encounter with West End Men Star Lee Mead"

I see the Men are thinking of touring again in the autumn!

Re: Interview with Lee - What's On Stage

Thanks for spotting this one ALiz!

Very interesting - especially the final paragraph which offers a glimmer of hope for Lee fans in Asia, Australia and the US

"After the West End run the plan is hopefully doing another UK tour in the autumn. Then we might go back to Asia and do some tours out there and in Australia as well; we're looking at Vegas in the long term. Obviously it will depend on how it is received, so this run is a big deal for us."

I see that Ro has also reported that the programme for the show states: "Milton Morrissey ... In 2012 they launched THE WEST END MEN across the UK and the Far East. This year, the show is set to embark on a third UK Tour with several international productions of the show planned for venues in the US, Philippines, China, Bali and Scandinavia."

Of course, the line-up for WEM is subject to change so Lee may not necessarily be involved in further overseas shows but here's hoping!

As a show concept, it could work without any marquee names (similar to Mitch Sebastian's Rat Pack show), but in any of those regions Lee would still have the most name-recognition from ADWD, so I think they'd want to work any tour dates around him. It might be more up to Lee and his availability for WEM vs. any other possible job options.

Nice interview, too! He's very generous about Matt and very tough on himself it seems. Love the Philip Quast story too.

It's a great interview! I particularly like the anecdote about Philip Quast.

One of the things that comes through is that Lee is realistic. He's not some ego-driven idiot who thinks he's the dog's doo-dahs! He also comes across as generous to his fellow performers.

Great interview!!and very happy that Australia was mentioned.
I agree PKP, Definitely I would think Lee would have the most name-recognition from ADWD, here, but I may be wrong, that's just my opinion, has I had not heard of the others.Only Ramin, mainly due to the connection with Lee with some youtubes.

I personally probably would have to think about going to a WEM show if it did come here in OZ, and Lee was NOT in it. To me it would not be the same.

It would be interesting too, as to which city they would come to-most likely Sydney.Anyway we have to be positive about it, so we can only wait & see.

If they do tour Asia and Australia, you'd think they would do more than one city in Australia, wouldn't you? I guess it just depends on what promoters decide will sell in which cities, but I'd imagine it would be just as well to do 3 to 4 cities -- Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, etc.

I would like to think they would do more than one city here in OZ, but depends has you said on which they think will sell.

The Distance too between the cities is huge, it is about nearly a 5 hour flight for me from Perth to Sydney, depending on the tail-Wind.
Up until a couple of years ago, we hardly ever got any musical theatre shows here in Perth, mainly went to Melbourne & Sydney, due to the distance, expense etc. But now we are getting a lot more because there is a lot of interest here for theatre, concerts, and sometimes, mainly musicals, always end up extending due to demand.

Singapore is just as close for me, just over a 5hr flight, so that could be on the cards.!!

I would really like to know if there are any Fans here in Perth, but I have called out before, but to no avail.