General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: *SPOILER ALERT* My WEM review

I found this decent pic of the WEM set at the Vaudeville Theatre on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/sophieebenson/status/346686601402929152/photo/1

Just to let anyone who hasn't been able to see the show what is being talked about!

Nice blog about the What's On Stage group trip to WEM last night:

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/06-2013/wosouting-with-the-west-end-men_31035.html

Ten to one in the morning and too overwhelmed to sleep after getting back from such an uplifting evening at the Vaudeville; they were all 'bang on the money' and Lee was totally confident and happy-looking and I think sung better than ever. I will try and write more tomorrow evening if I have time.The standing ovation was so well deserved for all of them!

Looking forward to your review, Yetanothersue!

Having just had my first cuppa in my new WEM mug! here is my review of 19th June show-which largely echoes Jazzlou's thoughts.Huge relief to see a fuller audience than on 4th June. It was unbearably humid in the theatre,unfortunately, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from having a great night! I realised immediately that the sound quality was much better from my row G seat in the Stalls than it had been upstairs, and at times it seemed Lee was looking directly at me because of course you are so much closer.Yes, he was funny and animated and appeared to be having the time of his life- gone the subdued fella who looked as if he should be at home with a Lemsip. This time I got to hear CED and a hauntingly beautiful Fix You and it was good to know that the friend I was with (massive Coldplay fan), thought he had really done it justice. The audience this time were far more receptive than before- whooping ,whistling and cheering- the reference to Lee as a National Treasure got a big cheer!Several of the harmonies gave me goosebumps and David's Till I hear You Sing nearly took the roof off! I agree that Stephen has more charisma than Glenn and he and Lee seemed to bounce off each other very naturally.Carly was every bit as good as Kerry.

It all goes by too fast,before I knew it we were at a top-notch finale with everyone on their feet- and I am so envious of anyone going again on Saturday,which is a bit greedy of me really!Have to really praise the band for their efforts on both occasions...

Huuuuuuuhuuuhuuuuh I melted tonight. It was HOT in there!!. And to think I only booked my ticket at 5.30 after dithering all day!!

Those guys really do feed off an audience, they are going to leave this show on such a high.

Tonight it was all about the little things, the looks, the touches, the expressions and the gestures. They have really gelled as performers together.
I really liked Carley. She sings the same first songs as Kerry but does Legally Blonde as her solo and it was lovely to hear her sing it again.

The theatre was full tonight, stalls and dress circle, if there were gaps they were hardly noticeable.

David got a bit carried away with the emotion during 'Till I hear you sing' and was almost too overcome to introduce Stephen, he managed amazingly well though.

Lee was very happy and energetic. At least two jumps tonight! I absolutely LOE his interaction with the 'lady' during Out Tonight!! I can't imagine how those ladies don't forget their words when he is singing and flirting with them!
Maybe his high energy is because he is getting more sleep suddenly

Thanks Jazzylou sounds like it was a brilliant night.

Well Lee won't have Betsy's feet kicking him in the back,should get a good nights sleep!!

Thanks for the reviews Yet Another Sue & Jazzy. Good to know Lee is back on top form.
I'm sure everyone going to the shows today is in for a great time - and that includes the WEM!

Are you sitting comfortably???

photo 20130622_2230422_zpse21ac567.jpg

photo 20130622_1725342_zps5e561b71.jpg

photo 20130622_1722532_zps4b8c8f22.jpg

photo 20130622_1722463_zps72811e0d.jpg

photo 20130622_1722312_zpsbb17e285.jpg

photo 20130622_1721572_zpsd402d8a0.jpg

photo 20130622_1721482_zps277fb4eb.jpg

photo 20130622_1716282_zpsa37742c6.jpg

Photo credit Jazzylou

Oooooh!!!!!! Thanks Jazzy. What stunning photos. Just off to have another look.

And one more little gift because I'm naughty and it was the last song!

Last song Last WEM photo 20130622_2202012_zps9a75b074.jpg

Lovely pics! Thanks for sharing, Jazzy!

With those glossy curls (daylight pics), I'm surprised some Shampoo company hasn't snapped him up to advertise their product!

Thanks.

Who knows, they could have approached him already but he's too modest lol.

Glad you all like the pics.

Wow! Stunning! Made my day!

Jazzy, those photos are just wonderful. His curls eyelashes neck and as for that closeup looking straight into the camera
Thankyou so much.

Thank you so much Jazzy.

Thanks Jazzy for sharing those gorgeous pics thanks too Cassie for sharing yours earlier in the run and for everyone's reports.

What fab shows they gave us on Saturday, lovely to see so many Lee fans at the SD.

It was really nice to 'catch up' with so many lovely Lee fans
at the SD on Saturday, and Lee was so relaxed as well...
Just wonderful!

Thanks Jazzy and Cassie - such stunning pics, and
two fabulous concerts by WEM...Thank you guys too...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Jazzy! Those are the best neck vein/hand vein/thumb/knuckle/ear mole shots for a very very long time. Eeeeeeek!

Fipperty hipperty!I took a breath in and it took aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages to come back out!!

Those photos are wonderful,thanks yet again for sharing them with us all.

1 2 3