​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Boy done Well!!

Congrats to our Lee for getting through last night's WEM, despite everything.I thought he sang well, considering. Just before curtain up, there was an announcement that,'though indisposed with laryngitis, Lee Mead WILL be performing tonight'. Phew!- I hadn't been on website for a few days and so hadn't realised there was a problem; I thought the press reviewers were just being very mean,saying things like 'pass Lee Mead the throat lozenges/Fisherman's Friends.' He didn't sing CED at all, it was just left out, and David Thaxton(I think it was), sang Fix You instead of him. I will try and do a longer review later, though can't promise it'll be as long as Jazzylou's. I did think it finished too abruptly and wanted to call out (in a sadly less-than-half full theatre), "Get Well Soon,Lee", but didn't feel this would go down well with a rather sedate audience!

Upshot of the Grand Circle being closed due to lack of numbers, was that I got moved to ROW A of the Dress Circle, seat 14- perfect view!

Hope he can get through the rest of the week..!

Re: The Boy done Well!!

Aw, thanks for that. I wonder why he is just not taking a few days off to get better. I worry that with him still singing the group numbers, he isn't giving himself time to recover. I am never brave enough to shout out but I'm sure it would have gone down well with the guys on stage. I hope things improve for him soon.

Kudos to Lee for doing the best he can but I hope that he does manage to get some rest as I fear trying to go on every night, even with his contribution stripped back, must be doing him further harm.

Get well soon Lee!

Just popping in to say that I was there tonight (or last night as it is now!) (Wednesday). They made the same announcement, that Lee had laryngitis but was performing. They cut Close Every Door, but he sang Fix You absolutely beautifully. They cut the duet again, and amended his part in One Day More (one of the choir took his lines) - but he is definitely on the mend, and looks much, much better than he did on Monday night.

Thank you for the update Another Liz.

That's good to hear!

That is good news. Going to see it at the weekend and was getting a tad anxious!

I just want to mention (in case people haven't noticed) that West End Men mugs are available at the theatre, from the kiosk next to the Box Office. They have the picture of the back view of three of the Men (the same photo that heads their FB page) and cost £7.50 each.

I will put this on one of the other threads too.

Lee is so full of loyalty to his audiences. Very noble of him to soldier on. he knows fans save up and travel great distances to see him sing. We love you Lee! Sorry to hear it was not booked out, it would have been if it was just Lee performing. Hope the lozenges etc work today.