​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee's last night tonight

Who is going to Lee's last night in the West End? Hope he gets a packed audience.

Re: Lee's last night tonight

Just popping in to say that I hope everyone going to WEM this afternoon or evening has a great time!

Wish I could be there but I'm looking forward to the reports

Same here. Have a great time everyone and hope the last two shows go well!

I'm sure everyone will have a fantastic time today - and that includes those on stage as well!
Looking forward to some reviews later.

Ahh, Meady making the womenfolk happy!

Lau ‏@LauraEmson
I will die a happy lady #westendmen #vaudeville #leemead #photooftheday #crush #idealman @ Vaudeville…
http://instagram.com/p/a3op5ciV-h/

Great photo from @EdRichDrums:

Ed Richardson ‏@EdRichDrums 18m
The @WestEndMen cast/band/crew @leemeadofficial @mattjwillis @stephenrahman_h @willstuartmusic @Lungless fun times!! pic.twitter.com/AJTJriyOx8
https://twitter.com/EdRichDrums/status/348594886079041536/photo/1

Another great photo from Stephen's wife:

Anjali Mehra-Hughes ‏@AnjaliMehra_H
@leemeadofficial @stephenrahman_h last night of @WestEndMen #Century @piadriver pic.twitter.com/i5UFIjWT4v
https://twitter.com/AnjaliMehra_H/status/348623449964544000/photo/1

Thanks for the links PKP.
That first one is gorgeous. She certainly is a lucky lady.
It looks as if they had a good night after the show - and a late one judging by Lee's latest tweet!

That was some night! I had the best time. I only went to the evening performance but was lucky enough to see Lee after the matinee too.
They did an amazing show and I could happily have sat through it all again. I felt so privileged to be sitting in the centre of the second row. To say it was an excellent view is an understatement! The show had much more buzz than when I saw it last. The audience gave lots of encouragement and the men responded in spades. Some of the banter was hilarious as was Stephen's ballet interlude. There was much mickey taking of Lee and his fans. I can't quite remember the context of the bath/shower comments but that bit was funny too.
I think the cast must all be pretty tired...it was a big sing for them.
I do hope I get to see this again on the promised tour: most importantly, I hope to see the same cast
Few pics for you. (Took loads!) Warning....Chest hair alert
 photo SDC10944.jpg
 photo SDC10949.jpg
 photo SDC10952-Copy2.jpg
 photo SDC10951.jpg

I must add (meant to put this under the photos) that the evening was made even more special by meeting up with so many lovely people. Everywhere you turned there was a familiar face. Lovely. Let's hope for many more special occasions like this in the future.

Lovely photos Cassie, thank you. Lovely to have our brief chat.

One thing I will never forget is the wall of noise that burst from the audience when they mentioned Lee's fans! That was some moment! LOL

Yes Matt, we will follow him everywhere he goes!

Great pics, Cassie!

Wow!!!!! Fantastic photos Cassie! Thanks so much for sharing them and for your review of last night.

Gorgeous photos! Thanks, Cassie! Sounds like a very special night for all involved.

Thanks Cassie, so lovely to get a review and photos of last night,
looking forward to more reviews and photos when everyone has
recovered and hope everyone travelling has a safe journey home.

There is a lovely photo posted by @eoinmallon taken with Lee last night.

Thank you so much to all the ladies who have written wonderful reviews and the lovely pictures that we are seeing. For those of us who live elsewhere, it had been a real treat! Thank you once again and so happy you all enjoyed yourselves! :-)

Best batch of photos for a long time, thanks folks!

Thanks for the photos and reports.

Glad to hear that all concerned had a great time

Sole concerts next - it seems like an age since the 'Love Tour'!

Just to add, before the Sat. matinee, there were probably about 20 of Lee's fans waiting for him to arrive at the SD. He came from the direction of Cafe Nero and as he approached us he said 'here's my Ladies' , it was very sweet. I think he knows many of his fans pretty well by now.
Thanks for the lovely photos Cassie.

Straight after saying 'Here's my ladies', he said 'I am very fortunate!' Which was really sweet. He was altogether very chatty before and after the matinee. Lou asked him how they manage to cope with singing different songs at the same time and he said that they had to rehearse all the big group numbers for at least 20 hours per number. His favourite one is One Enchanted Evening which apparently is very hard to sing and if just one of them slips up for a second, the whole thing would collapse like a house of cards.

Cassie, stunning photos again . I can't remember exactly what was said (I'm sure someone will know) but didn't David say something like bathe in it all, meaning the fan worship, and Lee replied "I always shower". Sorry if I haven't got it quite right and Jazzy what a good description wall of noise is, it just went on and on, I think it was after that David made his comment.

One Enchanted Evening is beautiful and sitting near the front we could clearly hear Lee's voice through the harmonies. I know someone else who's favourite it is.

Thanks AnnieB and Asher for those SD snippets. I was there must missed his first words as I was the other side. How sweet of him.

Joem, I had forgotten that little thing about the shower, that was so funny. That wall of noise sounded as if the speakers had suddenly been turned on didn't it, quite amazing.

And just a little extra, this his him chatting to us Its not the best one I have but I would like to keep a few for myself.

photo 20130622_1343152_zps472ccee5.jpg

Annie B, this one is yours, he is signing for you. I know you don't like posed pictures but you are in the original. If you want a copy you will have to let me have your details.

photo 20130615_1711392_zps655c03ce.jpg

Thanks for more pictures. Have you noticed in every group shot Lee is far and away the best looking?Yes, of course you have. Nice to get more close-ups of the new haircut; very stylish and practical. If ever he needs too grow it again for a play or film I'm sure it won't take long.We would all help with the brushing and combing wouldn't we ?

Thanks Jazzy, I've put my email up for you, bet it's a ghastly picture of me as per usual .
The reason Lee was laughing was because, having spoken to Carly outside the Vaudeville I said it would be nice if she joined Lee on one of his tours. I jokingly told Lee he should ring Carly and get her on board and he laughingly said he'd have to audition her first.
Lovely pictures.

Quite like this cheeky photo which was passed around in the theatre on Saturday. Gail thought others might like to see it.
 photo securedownload-Copy.jpg
Photo credit Gail

Thank you to everyone for the lovely pics - and that last one is ... WOW!!!

Please speak up if the owners of any photos on this thread do NOT want me to put the photos up in Latest News!

Oh and Jazz, you have put yours up on your Spoiler Alert thread - can I put them up on the main site too?
Thanks x

Oh WOW! stunning pics thank you everyone.

Westend Men's Kiss from a Rose has surfaced on YouTube - thanks Abs for finding it! Go check it out! Has been re-tweeted by the Timeline. Happy memories for me!

Fantastic find thanks!

Love it!

"Let's get stripping!"

Loved the video and the song sung beautifully by all the men, but
Matt's hand movements throughout I found annoying.

Thank you to Abs for the find.

I've just sent you that photo annieB, let me know when it arrives safely

Thanks Jazzy, photo safely received. I've e-mailed you