​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Lee Gigs at The Pheasantry, London, 14-19 August 2013

I absolutely agree with you, Greycat. I hardly ever post here because I seldom have anything to add to the mix, but I always come looking for reviews after a Lee concert.

Many of his fans, UK and otherwise, are not able to see live performances. We very much appreciate seeing and hearing them through the eyes and ears of those fortunate ones who are.

XO Lin

Ditto from me! I come on here most days, but rarely post, to see if there is any news of Lee. I can't make many of his shows, living in the frozen North, but read any reviews avidly - and photos are always welcome! Keep them coming, please! X

Wow, what an evening, the best way ever of seeing Lee perform. As my friend, Pam said to Lee after the performance when they were chatting "£30 I would have paid £130 or even more for tonight it was so brilliant."

We were lucky enough to be seated by the entrance,just behind the 2 seater tables in front of the stage,and in exactly the right position for Lee to unexpectedly brush past me as he entered.A few minutes earlier Stephen Rhamin Hughes had put in an appearance which was a nice surprise for everyone.

Imagine it ladies, you've had a pleasant meal and a few drinks with good friends. Replete and relaxed you turn your seat towards the small stage and a strikingly handsome young man starts singing, his beautiful voice resonating around the room accompanied by the elegant, muted strains of a piano and a guitar - perfection personified as we enjoyed first, a perfect rendition of Pure Imagination, and then Close Every Door. I cannot remember the set list but someone has already posted a link to that. There were so many songs we've not heard before from movies and shows Lee loves like Guys and Dolls, South Pacific, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Singing in the Rain. Wonderful, timeless melodies such as Some Enchanted Evening and Moon River that deserve to be sung in the stunning voice that Lee possesses. He appeared relaxed and imbibed every song with powerful emotions. To say Bring Him Home was stunning is an understatement.

He said he'd been to an audition for Singing in the Rain and would be honoured to follow in Gene Kelly's footsteps, but he'd been told he'd have 5 months of dance rehearsals. He grinned wryly; we know Lee doesn't rate his dancing, even though he moves his hips pretty well in my opinion, but he couldn't face that or a tour which would have taken him away from Betsy for too long. The song he dedicated to her, You Are My Sunshine, was lovely.

He invited Stephen onto the stage to perform, pointing out he was supposed to arrive early for a rehearsal, but had turned up at 20 past 8. However, even without a rehearsal he was great and Lee said that in the last 2 years he'd become one of his best friends. Ashley was lovely, a charming lady and as Coofy said there was some banter about kissing in their only performance of Wicked together. After Dancing through Life Lee did a parody of some of his Wicked dance moves, and said he'd been laughing while he was singing as Stephen, directly in his eyeline, was standing on the entrance steps doing some wild dance moves of his own.

After the show Lee stopped to say Hi and I asked him about the cruise.He said yes, he was doing it but he hadn't signed the contract yet. I pointed out that P and O were already advertising that he was appearing, and he said "Yes, and I am a bit ****** about that." (A mild and somewhat endearing swear word here!) He told me he's not going to be on the boat for the whole trip, only for 3 days, so I presume he is flying straight to Madeira. I said at least he could enjoy a relaxing few days. (which he'll probably enjoy after the stressful time he's been having)

Last but not least, there is one show to go, so if you haven't been please make every effort to be there it is NOT to be missed.

Thanks for the reviews Deanna. I am green with envy. I imagine that the small accompaniment was better than the sometimes rather too loud band that usually backs him. I can't get to as many of Lee's events as I would like to so it is great to read all the details.
Like many have already said, I look at the forum frequently but only post occasionally. It is the first thing of this kind that I have ever joined and the only reason was that everyone is there for Lee and of course this will include his career and his major life events. I am sure he knows his fans well enough by now to understand that we all care about him a great deal. It must be a support in good and bad times. Thank you to everyone who keeps the forum alive.

Thank you Deanna for you lovely review, so glad Lee is enjoying
the gigs and of course all his fans as well. It must have been
lovely for Lee to have Stephen there last night as you can tell
they are good friends. Has anyone got any photos to post on the
forum, that would be great if they have.

As I have said previously, I am going to see Lee at the Pheasantry
on Monday and am really looking forward to it. Hopefully there will
be a good turnout for Lee.

maggiemay

Thank you Deanna for great review just what I love lovely details,how lovely that Stephen turned up what a lovely surprise I like Stephen very much,lovely dedicating that beautiful song to Betsy,I am glad he is going on the cruise too expensive for me but a couple of days will do him good,how lovely being brushed past by Lee,I feel as if I was there,oh this is great just like the forum I love,thanks again xx

Kirsten was sitting in front of me at the table by the stage and I couldn't help noticing( and I hope she doesn't mind me saying) that she took some lovely photos. Hopefully she will post some on the forum.

Thanks for the reviews ladies!

Thank you for the lovely reviews ladies. It's so good to see all the enthusiasm and the excitement. Just like the old days. I am not able to go to these concerts but the reviews and comments are such a good substitute that I really do feel that I've been there. So glad Stephen came along to support Lee. That must have meant a lot to Lee and also to see such an appreciative audience. He can't be in any doubt of the love and support of his many fans. So well deserved. x

Just starting to get my breath back from an amazing night at the Pheasantry.
Cassie and I decided to come early as not being quite sure how the seating was organised and with no tickets we did not want to chance anything. However when we arrived we had been beaten to it ! so spent the next hour sitting on the stairs with a very group of ladies

Shown into the venue we were thrilled to be alloted a table right at the front, it is a small venue it will totally spoil me for any other now as we were so near he could have been in our lounge. Food was served and a bottle of Rose' and we were ready to rock.

Lee appeared looking abb. dreamy in fact best I have seen him look for the past few weeks so maybe the strain he has been under is easing a little.

His voice was beautiful whether singing soft ballads or the more rocky ones

I was thrilled when he sang "Moon River" as I love this song and did put it forwards when his off. site were asking for suggestions. Also loved the song about "letting go"

managed to speak to his mum on route to the loo!!! she was very lovely to me which I will keep to myself but I did ask if Lee was OK and she said he was bearing up well and she hoped he will be OK.

The time passed too quickly and all to soon it finished The room also is where the bar is, so went in search of a waitress and round the pillar came Lee. He gave me a hug and said "You look very nice tonight Maggie!!!! will treasure that one dont get many compliments these days .Spoke a bit more about the show I think as I get in a daze too near and cant remember what he said ! Gave him another hug and went back to our table. On the way out he was talking to group and we joined in. Apparently he is only joining the cruise ship for 3 days.

All in all a fabulous evening just managed to scrape onto our last train.

Anyone going on Monday you are in for a treat just wish I was able to afford to go again . He really is a lovely lovely person and a fab. performer.

I must have posted this on every Lee-related website except Twitter (It won't let me in with the password I used before and won't let me set a new one) - thank you so much to the group of ladies who let me join their table on the 17th! I had a wonderful time and managed to have a quick word with Lee before I left, which made a great night an awesome one.

So I know block capitals are shouting, but I think I may be forgiven in this case...

THANK YOU, LADIES!!

The weather forecast had been awful for Saturday: rain, rain and more rain. In my head however the forecast for later in the day was completely different: hot, steamy and exciting I reckoned.
I had been looking forward to this for so long and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. So many friendly faces to see and chat to, all the palpable excitement in the room all added to the sense of a very special occasion. I was so lucky to be able to sit right at the front. When we were first shown to the table, I thought I would never be able to keep composed throughout the show but I surprised myself and held it together fairly well for me.
The time when waiting for the show to start went surprisingly quickly and then suddenly, there he was looking smiley and lovely in a dark blue shirt. He sang so many different styles of song. It was amazing to watch from such close proximity. That little wobble between his cheek and his throat: the neck veins: the face reddening as he held the long notes: I could see it all. Phew! So special. The chatty bits were very entertaining. He always manages to make me laugh.
I loved the song choices but won’t mention them in case others read this before setting off for tonight’s show (To say I am jealous is an understatement)
Ashleigh sang some beautiful songs and of course Stephen RH was brilliant as ever. He never stops smiling.
It was good to see Lee’s family supporting him. He went over and spent some time with them after the show. Then he pottered round the room chatting to everyone in a very relaxed way.
If I tell you that at the end I still had wine left that I hadn’t drunk, you will realise what a mesmerising evening it was.
I do hope one day there will be a repeat of a small venue concert like this. It was magical.
A couple of pics:
 photo SDC10989-Copy.jpg
 photo SDC10987-Copy.jpg

Thank you Cassie a lovely review,I love all the little details that you notice about him especially when I can't get there,I just sit and imagine them all

Thanks for all the reviews everyone and for those stunning pics Cassie.

Thanks to all for the fabulous reviews and to Cassie for the lovely pics.

Clearly a fantastic time was had by all - hopefully Lee will continue to do these type of gigs occasionally

Re: Lee Gigs at The Pheasantry, London, 14-17 August 2013

I have just got back to the hotel after Lee's final night
at the Pheasantry.

It was an absolutely fantastic night listening to Lee
sing so many varied songs so beautifully, his range is
so amazing, one minute he is singing a really powerful number
and then the next something so soft. I am so glad Lee decided
to do these small, up close and personal gigs as they were
really rather special, not just for Lee's fans but also I am
sure for Lee. He really looked as though he was enjoying himself,
also it never fails to amaze me the way he acts out a song and
the emotion he puts into his every performance. There were
many songs that I haven't heard Lee sing before and I just didn't
want the evening to end. I cannot remember all the songs as I was
just mesmerised by his performance tonight, but hopefully someone
will be able to later. I should imagine he will include most of
these numbers when he does his tour in September, I hope he does.

I felt a bit nervous going on my own it being such a small intimate
venue, but as soon as Lee appeared on stage and started singing I
was so engrossed just watching and listening to him I just sat back
and enjoyed this very special evening. He really does deserve all
the success in the world because he is just amazing.

Love you lots Lee.

maggiemay

PS: A big thankyou also to the brilliant Ashleigh, Mason and Will.

Thanks for a great review maggiemay.

Thanks to everyone for their reviews and photos! Much appreciated!

These reviews etc were wonderful to read, thanks to everyone.

Thanks for all the lovely reviews and photos.

There is nothing much I can add to what has already been said, but for what they're worth, here are a few of my memories. I keep remembering little things.

I have to admit I felt really worried and anxious for him, wondering how he would be feeling with recent events, would he be able to hold it together singing certain lyrics, but I needn't have worried, he was fully in control and on top form. Having said that, he did put a lot of feeling and angst into certain songs, was that a reflection on how he was feeling, or just great acting?! He did say he was more nervous having the audience so close as normally he was just looking into anonymous blackness.

It is a lovely venue, but I did find it stressful with the pressure of the first come, first served queuing for seats. Everyone wanted to be in the front, and I sincerely hope there is no lasting bad feeling about this. We sat next to one of his young fans one night and had a lovely conversation with her - safe to say she is besotted with Lee and has their future together planned out

Singing in the Rain was such a surprise - and to think he had been asked for audition for it!!! On one of the nights he couldn't whistle, said his lips were too dry so Mason or Will, or both, did the whistling, cue laughter. The next night he just sang 'du du du do..' where he should have whistled. He also had difficulty snapping his fingers to Crazy Little Thing called Love, and did this funny "throw away" gesture with his hand.

With his voice softly holding the final notes of Singing in the Rain, and almost before we could applaud .... BAM! he upped the tempo and pinned me to my chair with "They call you lady luck" - an amazing version of Luck be a Lady followed, with Mason using his guitar as a drum.

I won't give too much away of the set list not to spoil it, as I understand it is pretty much the same for the mini tour. Those going are in for a real treat.

The Pheasantry was a fantastic experience, with Lee on top form demonstrating his amazing vocal range.

It was also great to explore a different part of London, and of course to meet up with all the usual gang.

I always find it difficult to talk to Lee as I just end up gibbering, but I did pluck up courage as it was such a relaxed atmosphere. There was a small balcony and staircase as part of the stage, which wasn't used by the way, and I joked with him that I could just imagine him singing New York, New York and Daydream Believer on those stairs. He laughed and said that was a great idea, maybe next time. Then we just chatted about the songs.

I am so glad I went to these gigs and hope they are repeated on a regular basis.

It has been lovely to read all the reviews.
I am always grateful to those on the Forum who take the time to share their thoughts and Lee experiences with the rest of us.
Thank you. Ingrid.x

Great reviews and yummy pics. Thank you all. So sad not to have made any of these although unsure I would survive seeing/hearing Lee so close!

Beautiful!!!

And for those that weren't there, that was filmed from the BACK! #verysmallroom

It IS the Pheasanty, isn't it? The stairs looked familiar from online pics of the place.

Yes 100% The Pheasantry. Its wider than it is deep so the seats go out each side. One of the sides was further away than the back wall but reasonable views from most seats except the one behind the stair rail. It was better to get as central as possible because although Lee was aware of the sides and tried to sing in every direction, he tended to look mostly towards the front.

I really hope he enjoyed them to do another short run in the future. I'd love to go again. It was a very different atmosphere to the other gigs. He didn't wear an ear piece so the singing was just his timing with the guitar/piano.
Also in a larger venue, it must be tempting to feel you need to have a bigger sound and maybe he sings more loudly but at these gigs there was no need for that and the quieter soft notes were just beautiful to listen to. It really made a difference to his performance.

Oh good, I'm not going mad then!

Gorgeous! Thanks, Angelrose!

No probs! :)

Thank you Angelrose for this find on youtube. I loved this beautiful arrangement of MOTN by Mason and Lee's wonderful interpretation of the song.

I enjoyed reading all the reviews. Thank you so much to all who posted.
The last time I saw Lee was the WEM concert in Nov 12. I check in with LMAS, the timeline and the official facebook site to keep up to date with Lee's career and new concerts.

I was so lucky to go to the Pheasantry on the Wed. night.
A wonderful atmosphere and a chance to see Lee at his very best.
A magical evening to treasure

I agree with you Jazzylou I would love Lee to do more gigs like this.

I saw the youtube link yesterday afternoon and at the same time the post arrived with an advertising programme for the Platform Morecambe with Lee's gorgeous face on the front cover. Tickets already booked - can't wait!!!

Ro has updated the Timeline with some photos of Mr. Mead, looking very fine indeed!

http://leemead-timeline.co.uk/files/events/pheasantryaug13/menu.html

I have loved all the recent pix of Lee. He does not look at all broken-hearted or despondent, you would not know his life has changed. Very professional and much admired. He has not lost weight and those milliwatt smiles are just as before thank goodness.All the very best, Lee, from all of us.

Tweeted by the Timeline earlier today

Lee Mead Timeline ‏@LeeMeadTimeline 11h
Love this! If you do too, check out Lee's September tour dates - http://leemead-timeline.co.uk/files/events/longweekendsep13/menu.html … - it's even better live! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhogW4aHMhA

Thanks PKP that is great,is it just me or has Lee gone more sexy looking

Thank you, everyone, for all the reviews, pics and links to You Tube (!!!!!!). I have decided I AM going to Morecambe, with or without OH, who just finds the whole infatuation thing amusing! This mini-tour is one not to be missed.....xx

Thank you PKP for the link. Love it!

Will have to go back and watch it again!!!

Just watched it again. That little 5 minutes has captured everything I love about Lee. Perfect.

*Ahem!* Thanks to Abs at Twitter for this! Mr. Mead, stunning, as always.

Abs ‏@abs2222 1h
@LeeMeadTimeline and just to whet peoples appetite here is Lee Mead singing Some Enchanted Evening (+playlist): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM52BR_UeaA&feature=share&list=UUplDOiWKGDS5ufZZ6iVcrUg …

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM52BR_UeaA&feature=share&list=UUplDOiWKGDS5ufZZ6iVcrUg

Lovely! That high note at the end is exquisite!

1 2