​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday People

Todays Sunday People has a full page article by Denise saying she does not want to end the marriage.

Makes me cross whwn every article I have read lately blames Lee for being in the States as if he had been gone for months. Also "He was not there for her last night of Strictly" nevr a mention that he opened in "Jack" that night.

According to the paper Lee is in Kent looking after Betsy. Clever of him that as the last I read he is living in the West End !!!!!!!!!

Re: Sunday People

Well that is a lie that it is Denise's house they bought it between them before they got married

Is it an interview with Denise, or one of those cobbled together jobs, where they use quotes from other interviews and 'sources'/'friends'? I'm guessing that it's the latter, because she'd have to be monumentally stupid to be giving interviews like that now, especially if she was directly making claims (i.e. Lee not supporting her in the 'Strictly' final) which aren't true and can be easily disproved. We know, and Denise knows, that the 'Strictly' final was on the same night as Lee's first night in JATBS. If memory serves, Lee was tweeting from his dressing-room that night, urging people to vote for Denise and James. He tweeted his support every week when he wasn't in the studio, and even managed to watch 'Strictly' live at a friend's house in New York!

I don't think the papers know what's going on. We've had the initial claim that they grew apart and decided to split by mutual agreement and now we have the claim that Denise didn't want the split. No doubt another paper will claim something else...and on it will go.

Actually there is no 'blaming' going on in that article. One short paragraph stating that they spent time apart when he was working on cracking America and she was in Strictly. Oh, and a quote at the end that the time spent apart was a massive strain. No mention of her last night in Strictly - at all! Lets try and at least get the content right, shall we.

Personally I would be thrilled to hear that they are working on things. I am sure a permanent split is not what they want for Betsy. Or each other's sake.

But whatever happens, I will support his decision. This is nobody's business but theirs.

To be fair, that's why I was asking whether or not it was an interview.

I hope they do manage to either work things out/get back together or have an amicable split.

The article's available on-line if anyone wants to read it. It certainly isn't an interview with Denise - just the usual conjecture based on comments from unnamed 'sources'.

The only reliable comment on this whole situation came from Denise's PR agent last Sunday confirming that Lee and Denise have separated and, beyond that, everything published by the tabloids is the usual mix of half-truths and conjecture and is probably best ignored. I liked this tweet from Lee's friend, Brian McCann, which sums it up well, "Oh Tabloid newspapers, you do like to make up a*se don't you!!!!". I think he may have had the DM in mind!

Asher, Maggie was just showing in her post her support for
Lee and how much she cares for him, as we all do. Surely
this is what the forum is all about.

I personally pray that Lee can soon move on from this very
sad situation and from the nasty tabloid intrusion into
his private life so that he can soon get back to normality
and away from the constant tabloid press intrusion and concentrate
on his career and looking after his daughter Betsy the light of
his life and hopefully he will be able to spend lots of happy,
precious time with her.

Hopefully, in time, Lee will meet someone who will give him
the love, respect and support he so truly deserves.

I would like to thank Kirsten for this forum, and hopefully
it will soon get back to the busy forum it used to be.
I have really missed the White Jeans Ladies posts as they
seem to be few and far between lately, their posts always
managed to cheer me up.

Looking forward to seeing Lee at the Pheasantry and his
concerts very soon.

maggiemay

Thank's for reading my post as I meant it MaggieMay. Starting to be wary of passing an opinion on anything in case I get told off !!!!!

Dont need it at this time. Things are fraught enought this end as it is. Just showing my concern for Lee.

Sorry to hear things are so difficult for you at the moment Maggie. I hope you can make it to one of Lee's upcoming gigs.

I'm probably going to be told off for getting mushy but how about a nice group online hug here, everybody?

Tanith Panic, what are you, nuts? JUST KIDDING! That's very nice. We don't need any more angst on our plates these days.

Thanks folks. Needed a hug !! Just off to the dentist !!!

Good Luck Maggie!

I am having problem reading the red print on black on the forum, despite trying various glasses. Is anyone else having the same problem?

£ Fillings needed will prob need to remorgage the house !

Maggie I know the feeling

Hope it went well for you Maggie.

Reading the print is the same for me as its always been Jan2. Could you perhaps enlarge it to make it easier?

I think we have all been upset to learn that Lee and Denise's marriage is in trouble. Lee's success in ADWD and subsequent career have certainly given me something to cheer about, especially when life is so difficult for so many people these days. All things Lee have been a pleasant thought at the back of my mind for several years and I am sure the same is true for others.

The group hug is a great idea and we can continue to support Lee in his career.

Thanks for the support for the group hug.